THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
redmeanie77
hendos_right_hook
Anfields5thKing
Fedorable
rudeboyben84
manschesthair_utd
ChelseaQuinsfan
11 posters

Hendo to sign with SF!!!

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Hendo to sign with SF!!! Empty Hendo to sign with SF!!!

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Hendo could debut in April on CBS card!

MMA Weekly is reporting that former two time Pride champion Dan Henderson has signed a four fight deal with Strikeforce. It is being rumored that his first fight could be for a Strikeforce title in April on a CBS broadcast card. It is unclear as to whether Henderson would fight in the 185 or 205 lb division. An official announcement from Strikeforce is expected later today

http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/123855

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news, great signing by Strikeforce. He will really add to there quality. I say he fights at LHW, MW has no fighters worth his quality. Shields isn't big enough or good enough a wrestler to take Hendo down, Le would get pummled and Jacare only has one tool. Subs and Hendo knows how to avoid them, watch the Palahaeres fight for proof. Who else is there? Lindland, that would be the most boring fight in the history of MMA. I hope he fights at LHW and takes on Mousassi. That would be a really good fight. Its a four fight deal so I hope by the end of it we can see Hendo vs Fedor.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Hendo to sign with SF!!! Empty Re: Hendo to sign with SF!!!

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:08 pm

awesome news for strikeforce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think he could do what he has been doing for years and fight at both weights, Sheilds is a great opponent and i think he could give dan trouble, Jacare is a much better fighter than Palhares in my opinion, lets not forget Diaz who is on a roll, you have no idea whether Le would get taken down and pummeled or not so its useless speculating for now (this fight would be a huge draw btw).

But it looks like Le will get the shot at Sheilds if he gets past Smith, and with challengers for Mousasi barely stretching beyond King Mo i think he will fight for that belt and maybe defend against Mo or fight Fedor.

*Hendo would be resistant to a mayhem fight, he would never fight Soko and would never, EVER fight Lindland.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:40 pm

Great news, Id love to see him try to get titles in 2 weights again. If they were going to allow Shields to fight at 2 weight im sure Hendo will be allowed. Id rather see him fight Mousasi because it would be a great matchup but Id take a lot of pleasurre in seeing him pound on shields....

There are some great fights for Hendo, I think he would handle any of the 185ers though, But fights with Cung Le, Nick Diaz or hell even Frank Shamrock if he can get a few wins would be great.

It probabally wont happen but If Fedor is squashing all the heavts it would be cool to see him vs Hendo.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:09 pm

MANHOEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would love to see this fight, if anyone at mw can ktfo hendo its melvin, again, this really is great news bounce
    Fedorable
    Fedorable
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Fedorable Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Have you all seen Dana's comments? I tell you I am flat out sick of that arsehole.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:29 pm

Fedorable Awsome GIF! loving it!!!! Very Happy

Havnt heard Danas comments, Scott Coker came across as very likeable saying he would keep watching UFC etc..
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:33 pm

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/12/07/dana-white-i-pushed-dan-henderson-into-signing-with-strikeforce/

As Dan Henderson's free-agent flirtations with both Strikeforce and the UFC continued without resolution for the last few months, many seemed torn about whether the veteran would eventually return to the UFC.

UFC President Dana White, however, was not one of those people. Telling FanHouse that Henderson's decision-making process forced him to change negotiating strategy and that he ultimately pushed Henderson into signing with Strikeforce, White made it clear that losing the accomplished star was not a big blow to his organization.

"He's happy, but the reality is that I pushed him into signing that deal," White told FanHouse. "I told people over the weekend that he'd sign within the next week."
    More: Dan Henderson Headed to Strikeforce

White says that while he originally entered negotiations in good faith, after three or four meetings with Henderson and his management, he realized it was unlikely the two sides would come to terms. Eventually, he lowered his original offer, effectively forcing Henderson's hand in signing with Strikeforce.

"I wanted him to s**t or get off the pot," he said. "He was in this limbo forever, and he needed more motivation to make a decision.

"Let me ask you a question," he continued. "Do you think that there's any guy we can't get that I want? Other than Fedor [Emelianenko]? So far, he's been the one guy we can't get. But everyone else that we've wanted, we got. If I wanted Dan Henderson, I could've signed him."

Henderson (25-7) became a free agent after his UFC 100 win over Michael Bisping in July. Despite the fact that Henderson is a former PRIDE champion and took part in high-profile UFC bouts with Anderson Silva, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rich Franklin, White says that his addition will actually hurt Strikeforce.

"For the money he wanted, he's not worth it," he said. "He's not a big pay-per-view star, he's not a big attraction, and he's not going to sell out arenas. He wants way too much and he doesn't bring anything to the table."

Although he added there are no hard feelings between the UFC and Henderson, White virtually closed the door on a potential return in the future, saying Henderson's age (39) would probably work against that.

He was not as kind with Strikeforce, saying it was another move that would lead to more problems for the upstart organization.

"Nothing's going to help Strikeforce," he said. "They have too many fighters under contract and not enough events. They can't keep some of their obligations to fighters already. Either they're going to start breaching contracts or paying fighters not to fight. It'll take a lot more than one guy to help them. Their whole business model is f****d. They're coming after UFC? Yeah, OK.

"I could care less," he continued. "Here's the reality: If I wanted him, he'd be in the UFC. It's not like, 'F***, Strikeforce beat me out.' He's been a free agent for a long time. If I wanted him, I would have signed him by now."
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:31 am

What a fucking dickhead!
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:34 am

WHAT. A. PRICK.

Think that sums it up nicely. The more he knocks Strikeforce the more people will sympathize with them, so to speak. White is just giving the UFC a bad image, like an arrogant king.

As we all know, the public likes an underdog, and thats what Strikeforce is.

As for Hendo's move, I'm delighted. The potential fights, particularly at LHW are mouthwatering!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:49 am

Fuck ive Never liked Dana less! Disrespectfull prick! Dan Henderson held belts as 2 weights the only ever figher to do it. He beat Nog who was UFC Hw Champ not too long ago! He beat Franklin a recent title holder in UFC, he beat Belfort a current title contender, and that was 2 fights before he came to UFC!! Simply put Dan Henderson is one of MMA's biggest Legends and the 2nd best Mw around as well as being a top 10 Lhw if he was in that devision! Id love him to walk straight into a fight with Fedor and Id love if he got the payday UFC wouldnt give him.

Dana white has just given a contract to Kimbo, Who is a worse fighter than Neil Grove, Im being serious, Grove beat McSweeny down and Kimbo ducked him. Neil Grove beat James Thompson in 10 seconds flat.

My point is anyone who thinks Dana White is good for the sport is mistaken. For him to say such things and take a legend away from the main stage of MMA while singing the praises of Kimbo is so wrong for the sport its beyond words.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:50 am

He is right what he says though, the ufc could easily have afforded to pay the man what he wants and what he deserves. Instead they shun him out of a title shot, and i would say forced him to go to Strikeforce.
    Dana said along time ago that Hendo is 1000000% going to Strikeforce even when Hendo was denying it and saying he still hasnt made up his mind.

Why disrespect him that way? and more importantly why not try harder to keep him, rather than telling up he is not geting more money so go piss off to strikeforce...

Bizare actions from UFC. Evil or Very Mad
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 am

yeah fuck him.

i dont know what the UFC is doing these days, siging SF reject Baroni, Kimbo, Trigg, Yvel etc. whilst letting the likes of Arlovski and Hendo go when coming off wins.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:58 am

Strikeforce is on the up and up, Dana is a bullshitter "we can have any figher but Fedor" etc.. Hardly I think Mousasi turned UFC down, Ishii had a contract from UFC on the table and turned it down. Im sure Dana has no interest in signing Aoki at all, Im sure UFC just simply dont want Alvarez, Kawajiri, Hellboy etc..! Laughing Correct me if im wrong but was it not Arlvoski who walked away from UFC for a bigger oppertunity Laughing

UFC may be the big leagues im MMA, everyone knows that but why Danas attitude? Why run a legends name through the dirt like that? What does UFC have to gain.... I wouldnt shake Dana Whites hand if I met him again honestly. A business man who talks all kinds of shit about fighers.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:48 am

The UFC lost it's (apologies for the cheesiness Smile) soul when it first became managed by a man who sees more benefit in marketing and profitability of fights/fighters, rather than quality.

That is where UFC has lost its way, and will continue as long as White is in charge. Until then, I'm happy for Strikeforce to take advantage of this Very Happy
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:21 am

Great News Jake Shields must be shitting himself I bet he doesn't last one round.

Pretty bitter comments from Fred Durst's butt buddy He can't even admit losing Hendo is a huge blow but after Knocking out his English cash cow you could say the writing was on the wall for Hendo's UFC career.
    Fedorable
    Fedorable
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Fedorable Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Its this constant bashing thats really starting to piss me off. You obviously aren't going to overly praise fighters who don't fight for you, but come on, a little respect. Hendo has been a top level fighter for years, has fought some of the best the sport has to offer, and he isn't a PPV draw??? Any real MMA fan would love to see Hendo fight in a main event, obviously Kimbo is more worthy of main event status.

Just re-read that last sentence; Kimbo FUCKING Slice is now more worthy of a main event place Shocked

If the UFC is really going to head in this direction, where a fighters pedigree and skill counts for less than the amount of Youtube hits they have had, then the UFC and in turn MMA has just taken a huge step back.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:24 pm

Man, that's some bullshit from White, what a disrespectful butthole. Evil or Very Mad
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:19 pm

sweet strikeforce is starting to take off Hendo is a great signing hope they can keep it up with all these great signings as of late
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:56 pm

"think he could do what he has been doing for years and fight at both weights, Sheilds is a great opponent and i think he could give dan trouble, Jacare is a much better fighter than Palhares in my opinion, lets not forget Diaz who is on a roll, you have no idea whether Le would get taken down and pummeled or not so its useless speculating for now (this fight would be a huge draw btw)."

Im a Shields fan for sure but I doubt he could give Hendo a challenge. Sheilds has poor standup skills, his bread and butter is his subs and wrestling. Hendo is an olympic caliber wrestler so Shields isn't getting him down. Palahaeres is very underated, right now Jacare is better but soon Palahares will be better, that guy has a good future. Diaz is a WW, he would be way too small against Hendo. That could be an intresting fight though, I definitley would pay too watch, imagine the trash talk. Still, Diaz has to get off the bong first.

What fighter hasn't Hendo been able to take down? I don't think Le, who is a small MW would be able to stop Hendo's wrestling, especially in the clinch. Le has beaten no one besides a past it Shamrock who was beating him before having his arm brocken by a kick. Mousassi vs Hendo would be a better fight but fighting in both divisions is fair enough.
    quicksuperlee
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  quicksuperlee Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:58 pm

while not agreeing with Dana White, Hendo is 39 after all!!! I know hes not as old as coleman or randy but still how long is he gona keep goin? An Hendo has said that he may be back to the UFC after his 4 fight deal ends.

I always got the feeling that Dana didnt really like Hendo..he came back to the UFC and was basically fed to the lions in terms of quality of oponent he faced...he never had easy sweetner fights like everyone else had as soon as they joined the UFC ie Rampage and CRo-Cop

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:44 pm