THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+17
pinsman
efils_god
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
exiledinmanila
Paolo_73
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
Once Mohawked Pete
ChelseaQuinsfan
Shanemc
payneNglory1
Albion_Oakley
redmeanie77
Moose Stuff For Money...
hendos_right_hook
Ginginho
21 posters

MMA Predictions League 2010 - Rules and Registration

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Predictions League 2010 - Rules and Registration - Page 2 Empty Re: MMA Predictions League 2010 - Rules and Registration

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:05 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I think it was spot on just the way it was Twisted Evil

Are you going to give the bookies odds on exactly what we predict,like say Randy 2nd rd ko or Coleman split decision or the Fight,KO and Sub of the night or would it be just for a winner?

Because I personally enjoyed having to predicted the RD and Method and predicting the,fight of the night etc,were a good bonus.
    It added to watching the events for me.

I personally see no reason to change things,apart from cutting out some of the weak undercard fights.

Also by not changing it,you could run a Knock out cup competition aswell.When you know how many players are starting,draw the names randomly out of a hat and post who each of us is going up against,then obviously using the same predictions as for the league,the highest point scorer between the two that rd moves into the next rd,where you can do the next draw or you could already have set it out in the first post where the winner of match 1 goes against winner of match 2 and so on.
    I'd personaly go for a random draw each rd.
    By having to predict a winner,rd and method there would be less chance of a tie also.
    This would add a little spice and rivalry between us each rd.

Like the sound of this. Agree that scoring was fine as it was. As Ben said, going to be tough to find betting for the Japanese cards.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

MMA Predictions League 2010 - Rules and Registration - Page 2 Empty Re: MMA Predictions League 2010 - Rules and Registration

Post  Bulldog67 Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:13 pm

If it aint broke ................

& the knockout sounds a laugh
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Using bookies odds sounds like a lot of extra work. I thought the league worked ok as it was, it's probably a good idea to limit the number of fights in each round though. I'd prefer it if boxing and K1 were seperate from the MMA predictions as well, maybe in a seperate competition?

Good idea on the tournament Payne.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks for the Cup idea payne!! Should add a bit more personal rivalry into the mix....
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:10 pm

I'm in - missed the last couple of rounds of the last one!

More dedication this time round!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:27 pm