THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
Paolo_73
payneNglory1
hendos_right_hook
redmeanie77
8 posters

Crocop in best shape of his life, wants UFC title !

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Crocop in best shape of his life, wants UFC title ! Empty Crocop in best shape of his life, wants UFC title !

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:15 pm

New interview from Cro Cop. Says he is in best shape of his life and training harder than ever! Says he will take UFC belt in a year

"Juki (conditioning coach) killed me. He has never pushed me so hard. I thought the years have caught up with me but he says the training program has never been so intense. I could fall asleep right now told us CC on New years eve in his coffee bar Virage."

Along with the conditional training he's working with 2 giants.

"Josip Matkovic (a wrestler) is 193 cm (6'33 ft) and 145 kg (320 lb). He's so strong I can't put my arms around him. His regular sparring partner Sasa Mucnjak is only 200 cm (6'56 ft) and 122 kg (269 lb)."

In a couple of days Mirko is going to Amsterdam for a three week training cycle with Ivan Hyppolite.The rare days Mirko is not training he spends time in his home town in Privlaka.

"Spending time there is the best cure for any stress" says Mirko.

Even though retirement looked to be near after the loss to Dos Santos, Cro Cop plans to fight at least 3 times in 2010. If he wins against Rotwell we could see him against Velasquez or Nogueira in May or June.

"I want to start the year 2011 with the UFC belt around my waist"

http://www.jutarnji.hr/cro-cop--u-2011--zelim-uci-s-ufc-ovim-naslovom-/444374/
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Crocop in best shape of his life, wants UFC title ! Empty Re: Crocop in best shape of his life, wants UFC title !

Post  hendos_right_hook Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Can't see this happening, he needs to be realistic and just accept that aging happens and no matter how much training you do, there comes a point where you just can't beat the best in the business.

If he beats Rothwell, he goes out on a high, no need to see him get destroyed by Nog or Velasquez. If not, then he clearly can't compete at a top level anymore. Crying or Very sad
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Crocop in best shape of his life, wants UFC title ! Empty Re: Crocop in best shape of his life, wants UFC title !

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Isn't that the exact same statement Cro-cop was saying before the JDS fight?

I would love to see him find some kind of form again and give us fans all what we want to see but I personally don't think he can hang with the top guys anymore.
    I think Rothwell,Nelson,Barry,Hardonk,Yvel and Herring are the standard of fighters he would be most competeive with now and should be fighting.

Though saying that If Cain beats big Nog and Cro-cop comes through the Rothwell fight,just for nostalgia,I would love to see them fight again.

What about Cro-cop vs James Toney.

Toney should be taylor made for a Cro-cop head kick.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:49 pm

"Isn't that the exact same statement Cro-cop was saying before the JDS fight?"

My thoughts exactly, i personally think Big Ben will bash him in Australia , and Mirko will retire. But if we get the old Crocop back KTFO'ing everybody in his way and working his to tile shot then i will be one of many people delighted with this.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:06 pm

"I'm in the best shape of my life" and "I could fall asleep right now" are two statements that don't exactly compliment each other......

Given how close he came to throwing up the rope a little while back, I genuinely fear for him if he really believes this hype and then loses badly again.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:29 pm

I got my hopes up when he came out with a similar spiel prior to the Dos Santos fight, like the rest of you I'm sceptical this time. Hope I'm wrong though.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Not sure what to think really. I think he will beat Ben Rothwell but he would get hurt against the likes of Velasquez, Mir, Carwin and especially Lesner if he comes back.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Sick of hearing this from Crocop, He is one of my favorite ever fighters but I think he is done. He has been spouting this shit for ages when in truth. I dont get why he wont just cut to Lhw. Carwin or Mir would flatten him, I think it would be a walk in the park for the bigger heavys. I dont think he will ever accept he is a Lhw or bother his arse cutting weight, if he is putting in all this work training so hard what about cutting 15lbs or so insted?

He hasnt looked good since Barnett, Eddie Sanchez maby he looked OK but that was against Eddie Sanchez, next fight flattened by Gonzaga, after that he was shot, he looked Timid against Kongo who is an average fighter (Herring beat him soundly after all)

After leaving UFC Mizuno went dont in the 1st strike he landed on him. Then Overeem Dominated a gun shy Crocop, He managed to Leg Kick Choi (who was shot after Surgery and still is washed up as a loss to Minowa highlighted I dont think he has beat anyone but Conseco!) Anyway then an eyepoke win over AL Turk who is a Can but its not like he stormed forward with headkicks etc... He looked his worst ever against JDS so he really hasnt looked good since 2006!!

He wont be a top heavy again, I think him vs Rothwell will be close enough. If he wins the winner or Cain vs Nog has a lot more improtant fights than him! I dont get how he expects to Jump over Fighters like Kongo and Gonzaga who beat him soundly. I think a fight with Kimbo, Toney or Barry are more realistic options.

Itd be great to see him back but if he doesnt fight at 205lbs he wont make it. Thinking about 205lbs he would beat Rampage and Couture who are both top 10.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:22 pm

They could probably get away with putting Crocop against Nog, if Crocop wins convincingly and Nog loses to Cain. I think Crocop really wants that rematch and lets be honest so would many of us. I think Nog also has huge respect for Crocop so he wont think that would be a huge step down for him.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Yeah if Nog looses it might happen and if Crocop wins and looks good theres always a chance he could beat Nog, as soon as Nog looses again I think his career is all down hill from there.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:15 pm

going to go against the voice of the armbar (and reason) here and say he will blast Rothwell late in the first or early in the second after he gets his range.
    I still beleive that if he gets the "fire" back he can be a top fighter. Its not like he is weak, slow or chinny. (although he is afraid of eating punches) its upstairs IMO.

i am glad he doesnt plan on cutting weight. I'm not going to say cutting weight is for wusses or anything like that, but in this case cutting weight = giving up.
    he has never fought at anything other than heavyweight in his entire life, and he is bigger now than ever. Unlike say, Frank Shamrock who lost alot of his bodybuilder like physique in his time off and went to middle.

i too would love to see the nog rematch btw.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:21 pm

A Nog rematch is very winnable, If he lands a headkick like Herring did it could be lights out for Nog this time. Also Nog is a small heavy past his best like Crocop. A Nog fight is the quickest way to the top but what then? Does anyone see him beating Brock if he comes back or Cain, JDS, Carwin, Mir etc..

I dont know, I dont want to see him get fast tracked to the top, a slower build up would do him better, Even a fight with Yvel, Herring, Hardonk someone quite low ranked so he can finish them in spectacular style and show US fans what he is about.

I dont see it though. Gotta disagree about the cut though chesty, 232 is about the biggest he has been I think? He is smaller than a lot of 205lbs fighters and I dont see a move as a cop out, its just that there are far more interesting fights...

Rampage vs Crocop
    Shogun vs Crocop
    Couture vs Crocop

Even aim lower for his 1st fight, Jardine vs Crocop?

Lhw is a far better move I reckon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:19 pm