THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+10
rudeboyben84
Shanemc
Cowboys From Hell
wilksdaman
Ginginho
Moose Stuff For Money...
redmeanie77
payneNglory1
manschesthair_utd
The_Axe_Emperor
14 posters

CroCop vs Schaub

Poll

Fight outcome

[ 5 ]
    CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_lcap29%CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_rcap [29%] 
    [ 4 ]
    CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_lcap24%CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_rcap [24%] 
    [ 0 ]
    CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_lcap0%CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_lcap6%CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 2 ]
    CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_lcap12%CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 5 ]
    CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_lcap29%CroCop vs Schaub  I_vote_rcap [29%] 

Total Votes: 17
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

CroCop vs Schaub  Empty CroCop vs Schaub

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:59 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to know your opinions on the outcome.

Schaub looked very good against a slow and brainwashed Gonzaga who'd fell in love with his, frankly average, striking, he was tailor-made for Brendan.

CroCop didn't look good at all against Mir but Mir is a top 5/6 HW and Mirko more than held his own in the fight, just like he did with now top 2 JDS.

Honestly i think Mirko takes this easily. IMO Brendan has bitten off more than he can chew in this fight, and we'll see Mirko hopefully stop him and then (PLEASE) retire.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Tip for the newcomers, if you can't read the options in the poll then highlight it all and you will see them.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

CroCop vs Schaub  Empty Re: CroCop vs Schaub

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:07 am

pretty much what you said axe Razz
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:10 am

I just think Cro-cop is too gun shy to take Schaub out and doesn't have the heart for it anymore.

I don't think schaub finishes cro-cop because I think Cro-cop can still take a shot and still has reasonable enough movement to avoid taking to many clean shots,plus I think Schaub will still be very weary of Cro-cops power shots to stand and trade for to long.

Cro-cop will always have the strikes in his locker to drop anyone (they don't disappear,it's just if he throws them is the question)but I think schaub out works him over three rds and take the decision.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:21 am

Crocop is done, Schaub takes this by points or late tko.

I know alot of us dont like Schaub here, but he is very athletic and moves very well and has decent hands. I think he can take this.

Last edited by redmeanie77 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:23 am

Unfortunately, I've got to agree with Payne and meanie. I can't see Schaub stopping Mirko but he should outwork him.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:42 am

"The Fire is back. I am more motivated than ever, and trainings are going real well. My injuries have healed, and I am back to my old routines of striking. I am more explosive. I am not looking past my next fight, however I want to fight my way back, and face strong opponents."

http://dreamfighters.com/?p=2218

in before:
    "how many times have we heard this before" etc.etc.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:49 am

The thing is though with Crocop, i do think he is one impressive win away (preferably an LHK) from turning his career around. He still knows how to Strike and sprawl and has good ground game. Its all just mental and heart with him, i think.

Okay he's gotten slower, but he still is more than a match for anyone while striking. Basically he need the "fire" to be lit inside him.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:54 am

Would anyone be interested in CroCop v Mark Hunt again? I really hope the UFC match Hunt up with a striker if he gets another fight after Tusch.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:56 am

The cage is a hindrance to Cro Cop, it's easier for his opponents to maneuver away from him. In the ring he could shut the space down and stalk them into a corner. Plus, as we've seen, he can also be wall'n'stalled and tied up which stops him getting going. I can't see him doing anything in The UFC now.
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:53 am

My heart is yearning for a HL real KO from Mirko but my head is telling me Schaub will take this on points. However, I dont think this will go down like the Mir fight did. Schaub will engage on the feet, so who knows what could happen.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:14 pm

Sadly I see Schaub getting the W Cro Cop is completely done the fear factor opponents had has gone so has he's motivation which is a shame as 5 years ago Schaub wouldn't last 2 minutes with him.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Cro Cop tko rd 2 i guarantee it Smile
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Mirko is straight up lieing about being more explosive etc.. the guy hasnt ageed well and hasnt any love left for the sport. Show me any other fight where we saw a glimpse of the old Mirko and Ill back him. Also his power has gone. Mirkos punches and Kicks where like sledge hammers back in the day... power is usually the last thing to go but IMO Mirko doesnt pack the punch he used to at all.

Schaub isnt anything special right now, for me he is still the guy who got sparked by Nelson both are B level fighers and to be honest Mirko is even struggling to be that right now.

I think Schaub is going to have Youth, Size, Speed, A better camp, A better gameplan, Better cornermen, etc.. Id be supprised to see Schaub loose to Mirko.

Look at Mirko's last fights.

Mir - KO'd him
    Barry - Outstruck him and if it wasnt for Hero worship and injury would have won
    Anthony Perosh - 99.9% of UFC heavies beat him and Mirko didnt look good doing it
    JDS - Bust him up and TKO'd him
    Al-Turk - Plodded after him eye poked him accidentally but not a good finish or performance
    Choi - Seeing as Canseco is Choi's only recent win I would make a song and dance over it
    Overrem - Was man handling him before the uberknee to balls strike
    Tatsuya Mizuno - Can
    Kongo - Wall and stalled with knees to the balls but ultimatley showed CC as too small and weak for Hw
    Gonzaga - the begining of the end.

Lads thats 4 years without one good performance. I dont know another figther that has performed so badly that people still think can pull a win out against a youngish ranked up and commer.

Crocops best chance for beating a decent ranked Heavy would have been someone a little less athletic like Rothwell or Nelson, I dont see him winning sadly.

MMA's Mike Tyson is fighting his Kevin McBride fight in March. I think he produces another plodding uninterested performance and then hangs his gloves up.
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Crocop's speech's are worse than Tito now IMO. Its getting embarrasing.

Fool me once shame on you
    Fool me twice, shame on me
    Fool me 8-10 times, GTFO !!!!!!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:05 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Look at Mirko's last fights.

Mir - KO'd him
    Barry - Outstruck him and if it wasnt for Hero worship and injury would have won
    Anthony Perosh - 99.9% of UFC heavies beat him and Mirko didnt look good doing it
    JDS - Bust him up and TKO'd him
    Al-Turk - Plodded after him eye poked him accidentally but not a good finish or performance
    Choi - Seeing as Canseco is Choi's only recent win I would make a song and dance over it
    Overrem - Was man handling him before the uberknee to balls strike
    Tatsuya Mizuno - Can
    Kongo - Wall and stalled with knees to the balls but ultimatley showed CC as too small and weak for Hw
    Gonzaga - the begining of the end.

Mir - Held his own with top 5 Mir before getting caught with a fluke knee.
    Barry - Dominated in the first but showed the heart and will to win in the second and third and dismantled HD.
    Anthony Perosh - It's hard to look good against a guy who simply doesn't want to engage. Mirko still destroyed him.
    JDS - Held his own and in some peoples eyes was beating JDS up until the stoppage. JDS is now top 2 in the UFC.
    Al-Turk - Showed great movement, albeit against a very very sloppy striker but even without the eye-poke Al-Turk was gonna get hurt.
    Choi - Beat the shit out of him, never mind how poor we know Choi is now.
    Overrem - Was getting beat but not getting mauled like all of the Reem's recent opponents.
    Tatsuya Mizuno - Can, but still a win.
    Kongo - Kongo fought dirty and has always had top notch offensive wrestling. Mirko was tiny compared to Cheick also.
    Gonzaga - Caught by the most random KO ever against a the best version of Gonzaga there has been.

Works both ways Ben.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:55 pm

I think Cro Cop is done but Schaub is nothing more than average. I don't there's anyone's who's been less deserving of hype than he has. So I think even if Cro Cop shows up like he did against JDS, Perosh or even the second half of the Barry fight, he wins.

Cro Cop was not winning that fight against JDS though, he was losing quite clearly a minute into the third round IMO.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:17 am

Barry, Perosh, Al-Turk, Choi, Mizuno...

absolutley nothing wrong with any of those performances IMO, i was super impressed with the way he handled Barry after getting rocked, HE OUTSTRUCK BARRY WITHOUT A DOUBT....by the end of the fight one guy was winning the striking and had the other one knocked on his ass..and that was Mirko ~

however....he is clearly not anything like the fighter he was.

HOWEVER....Crocop vs Schaub will be like man vs boy (i hope)
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:31 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:Barry, Perosh, Al-Turk, Choi, Mizuno...

absolutley nothing wrong with any of those performances IMO, i was super impressed with the way he handled Barry after getting rocked, HE OUTSTRUCK BARRY WITHOUT A DOUBT....by the end of the fight one guy was winning the striking and had the other one knocked on his ass..and that was Mirko ~

however....he is clearly not anything like the fighter he was.

HOWEVER....Crocop vs Schaub will be like man vs boy (i hope)

Do you think he has lost a lot of power? He wouldnt be the 1st old fighter to loose his Punch power, Bernard Hopkins is a guy who it happened to as well.

Its not he doesnt hit hard but Crocop had real stopping power in his punches and of course kicks but I dont think his strikes are the threat they were....

Im not at all hopefull. Schaub is like Meathead he looks like he is improving every fight.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:27 pm

i would love nothing better than cro cop to head kick brendans head off then retire, but then again i cannot see it happening.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Turtle Fucker wrote:I think Cro Cop is done but Schaub is nothing more than average. I don't there's anyone's who's been less deserving of hype than he has. So I think even if Cro Cop shows up like he did against JDS, Perosh or even the second half of the Barry fight, he wins.

Cro Cop was not winning that fight against JDS though, he was losing quite clearly a minute into the third round IMO.

It's funny how things have evolved over time. How Crocop having a roughly even round with JDS became "Crocop won a round against Dos Santos" to "Crocop was beating Dos Santos".

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:54 am