THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Fighters Restrictions?

SirSquatAlot
    SirSquatAlot
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Fighters Restrictions? Empty Fighters Restrictions?

Post  SirSquatAlot Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi All.

First time posting on the armbar. Have been an MMA fan for a couple of years now mainly watching UFC but i'm getting to grips with the other organisations now.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but are elbows are not allowed in Strikeforce?

Do you think this is a good thing as it means the fights can't be finished by a lucky elbow or do you think it restricts fighters? Also, do you think this would affect a fighters decisision if they were to decide between Strikeforce and UFC?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Fighters Restrictions? Empty Re: Fighters Restrictions?

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:11 pm

No Elbows is Strikeforce, I think its a bad rule. I prefer bits and peices from different organisations. I like that Dream allows Knees to the head of a grounded opponent because it keeps the groundwork faster paced than US MMA. No Elbows however isnt a rule Id like to see Stick around, you can elbow in Muay Thai so it takes a weapon off a Thai Boxer and also a Wrestler in a way.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:31 pm

I think its just elbows on the ground that are banned in SF isnt it?

Im split on this, for me the fewer superfluous rules the better, but on the other hand elbows cause nasty cuts and nobody likes to see a fight stopped cause of a cut

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:39 am