THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

So who do you think should be next for the UFC 114 fighters?

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

So who do you think should be next for the UFC 114 fighters? Empty So who do you think should be next for the UFC 114 fighters?

Post  payneNglory1 Mon May 31, 2010 6:49 pm

Evans - Well this ones easy,he's going to fight Shogun for the belt probably in November or they could give us a super card in December and put it on the same card as GSP vs Koscheck.

Rampage - I think Machida is the next opponent being mentioned but there is still Lil Nog,Forrest and even an Arona rematch if he signs.

Bisping - He wants Wandi,but Belfort and Marquadt could be options.

Miller - 3 loses back to back might mean the chop but if not maybe Cote or a fighter like Grove,Drawl or someone like that.

Lil Nog - Obvious one is Forrest,though Rampage would be good,though after his last fight he might not get one of the bigger names and could be made to take on someone like Bader or Thiago.

Brilz - I think Jardine would be a good fight for him,if not any of Krystoff,Stann,the janitor or even Diabate.

Sanchez - Drop back down to LW and take on Tyson Griffin,Gomi or Guillard. I just noticed I want him to take out all these G's

Hathaway - Swick or the loser of Kampmann - Thiago fight

Kim - winner of Kampmann - Thiago or maybe Swick,Rumble or Ben Saunders.

Sadollah - Carlos Condit,DaMarques Johnson,James Wilks or Nick Osipczak.

Dan Lauzon - I don't think there is a place in the UFC for him and he would be better off fighting for someone like MFC.

Escudero - I think he should take on Dans big bro Joe or a danzig could be a good test for him.

Duffee - He needs a new cardio program,then either Struve,Hardonk or the loser of Cro-cop and Barry.
    Kongo would be a good fight for us fans to watch but Duffee would need a descent win before he got Kongo

Russow - Mitrione,Schaub or Tuchscherer

what do you lot think?
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

So who do you think should be next for the UFC 114 fighters? Empty Re: So who do you think should be next for the UFC 114 fighters?

Post  elmatadorafa Mon May 31, 2010 8:31 pm

Rashad- Shogun

Rampage- Machida

Bisping- Nate/Palhares loser / Cote

Miller- Will get a fight against a bum on undercard if he doesnt get cut.

Duffee- Rematch? / Beltran / Schaub

Russow- Rematch / Yvel / Barry

Sanchez - Agree to 155 lbs

Hathaway- Dan Hardy in UFC 120 London

Lil Nog- Forrest Griffin

Brilz- Bader
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

So who do you think should be next for the UFC 114 fighters? Empty Re: So who do you think should be next for the UFC 114 fighters?

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon May 31, 2010 9:52 pm

Some of these are going to be my suggestions but won't likely happen.

Evans- Obviously Shogun. Two wins over two top 10 guys with one of them being top 5.

Rampage- Griffin rematch. He has wanted it ever since he lost the first time, put it together now. Griffin is free and has big name value. I wouldn't put Arona with him because thats a tough first fight for Arona after a long layoff.

Bisping- Coté. Coté wants the fight and has wanted it for a while now, lets get it together. No one else is really available. Wandy is fighting Sexyama, Nate is fighting Palhares. if Belfort is still around that could be intresting though.

Miller- If they keep him around, maybe someone like Grove.

Duffee- First thing I say is a rematch but if not then possibly Meathead if he is available. Actually McSweeney would be a good option, win or lose against Browne.

Russow- Rematch/ Maybe a match with Struve. Both good grapplers, Russow has bad standup but power while Struve has ok striking but a terrible chin.

Sanchez- 155 I'd like to see him take on the Sotiropulos/Pellingrino winner personally, very solid test.

Hathway- Id like to see him take on Stungun. Although the Dan Hardy idea is quite good.

Lil Nog- Jones if he beats the Janitor.

Brilz- Jardine vs Hammil winner

Kim- Hathaway

Sadollah- Johnson/Riddle winner

Lauzon- He will get cut

Escudero- Danzig, I hope he KTFO of him Twisted Evil
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Mon May 31, 2010 10:04 pm

This would also be a good next opponent for Russow

So who do you think should be next for the UFC 114 fighters? Homer_They_Fall_Painting

Here is the Simpsons episode, where Homer goes boxing. Laughing

http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/player/smotri.php?id=v813025c44e
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 31, 2010 10:26 pm

Evans - Shogun for the title and a chance to become a 2 time champion

Rampage - I'd actually like to see him fight Thiago Silva. I think that's a fight that works for everyone and would be exciting.

Bisping - Cote makes sense. Be nice to see Bisping go to sleep again.

Miller - Grove is the best call so far.

Duffee - Meathead or Schaub

Russow - Give him to Kongo and lets see how his grappling works. He's proven he's got a good chin, let's see him in a fight with a more traditional striker who stands upright and where he can use his grappling.

Sanchez - Down to 155 and a fight with Gray Maynard

Hathway - Dan Hardy in London makes a lot of sense but i think they should play it safe and go with Kampmann.

Lil Nog - Couture, or maybe the winner of Liddell-Franklin

Brilz - Loser of Jardine-Hamill

Kim - Swick

Sadollah - Rick Story

Lauzon - I think a long look in the mirror is next for him.

Escudero - Surely a rematch with Dunham
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon May 31, 2010 11:02 pm

Some good suggestions but some of those guys will be occupied.

Silva is fighting Boetch and its not really close to now, Rampage would be inactive for ages.

Story is rumored to be fighting Hazelett.

Maynard is facing Kenflo, again not close to now. If he does win he will get a title shot. If he loses then I agree it would be a good fight.

It depends on Dunham's next fight against Griffin, if he wins then I'll say no because he would be quite high up the UFC LW ladder, if he loses then ye that would be an idea.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon May 31, 2010 11:13 pm

I Can't believe I forgot to add Randy as a potential match with Lil Nog geek

I think Sanchez needs to stay away from Maynard and try to regain some confidence in the LW division against a striker on the way up or say Gomi who many see as on his way out,atleast with a win over Gomi,it would go along way towards setting up a future Florian - Sanchez rematch.
    it's crazy how things change in such a short time,isn't it,Sanchez vs Florian would of been easy to set up after the BJ fight but since sanchez decided to fight at WW again,the florian - Sanchez fight now seems like it's a mile away from ever happening.

It might never even happen now as I really don't know how Sanchez is going to rebound from his last two beatings he has taken,it's usually the ones that bang on about how strong they are mentally that are the ones that crumble and don't ever recover from it and it wouldn't surprise me to see Sanchez lose the plot.
    The next filho maybe drunken
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:16 am

I forgot about Florian vs Gray.

I think the Silva-Boetsch fight is one that could be scrapped. It serves no real purpose. Silva will destroy him.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:47 pm

It's really unneccessary match-making. There is no point whatsover to the fight and a very big step down for Silva after going from Evans to this. Boetsch is just making his return anyway. Not the best matchmaking in the world.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:22 pm

I have big hopes for Silva, i think if he's at his very best he's a match for anyone in the division not named Machida. I think he could give Evans a could fight if they meet again, he came closer to beating Evans than Rampage did. And his performance against Jardine was much more impressive than Rampage's against Jardine.

Silva vs Rampage would be a great fight but Rampage really needs to change camps and get back to America. AKA might be ideal for him.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Good point about T.Silva he fought hurt and he gave Evans a better fight than Rampage did, I think th eInjury really stopped him from stuffing a lot of TD's.... him vs Rampage is a great Idea, id love to see that happen, Rampage staying at Wolfslair means this would be a close fight, Rampage is probabally getting worse if anything by staying there...

Its like Nog, because he isnt constantly training with top class Boxers, I bet his Boxing isnt anything near as good as it was back when he was a good amature... no good sparring partners mean your skills arent as sharp and this has really happened to Rampage... even with his Boxing, his hands looked a lot worse, maby ring rust but nothing like the guy that put Liddell and Wandy to sleep.
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Thiago silva would lose again to Rashad, if Ramoage couldnt stop the shot, Thiago has no chance whatsoever. He even said so himself after the fight that the back wouldnt have made a difference to stop the takedowns.
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Also Thiago Silva needs a win because if he loses again to another top opponent he will be looked as an average gatekeeper, who has beaten no top opponents (Jardine is not a top opponent). He should learn from Brilz fight and not take Boetsch lightly though, rankings and what the internet fans think, mean fuck all if your opponent shows up to fight hard and well prepared.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:11 am

Fighting Rampage would be perfect for Silva, Silva would beat Rampage IMO. Especially if Rampage stays at Wolfslair.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:16 pm