THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
ChelseaQuinsfan
hendos_right_hook
manschesthair_utd
Raiden
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
10 posters

And fight of the year 2010 goes to....

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

And fight of the year 2010 goes to.... - Page 2 Empty Re: And fight of the year 2010 goes to....

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:14 am

Moose Stuff For Money... wrote:

Sounds understandable to me.

"First i want to say very thank you for opportunity"

Pigeon is what he speaks.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

And fight of the year 2010 goes to.... - Page 2 Empty Re: And fight of the year 2010 goes to....

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:45 am

Gonzaga's not a can but he's not a top fighter.
    CroCop fights his best when he fights the best fighters. Look at his career. Brilliant against the likes of Barnett, Wandi, Coleman, Herring(top 10 at the time),even in loses against Fedor and Nog. Horrendous against kickbags like Mark Hunt and the like. Mirko needs to have the best fighter put in front of him of he's not really arsed. Especially at that point in his career. He was coming off the OW GP win and should have gone straight in against Couture or Sylvia.
    What has Hieron done to earn anything? What has Diaz ever done at 170 to deserve this title shot? Zaromskis just won the WW GP in Dream. He's done more than anyone to earn his shot!
    "Instead of pissing off your fighters you should stay true to your word". What, like the UFC do??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part of being a good fighter is beating all thats infront of you. he had no problems destroying Al Turk and Sanchez. How many legit kickbags has he lost to?

Im sure Dana is still kicking himself over that making that match but he needed to give Cro Cop exposure. I think it was a mistake though, after Sanchez they should have given him a title shot against Randy.

As for Jay Hieron, he Koed High, the same opponent Zaromskis defeated to become the DREAM WW king. Diaz just destroyed Shamrock and Smith, both larger fighters.

So what Strikeforce go out and MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES the UFC do? Thats not a good thing, my whole point is to avoid everything shit the UFC do. Im not saying the UFC are good at treating fighters, its irrelevant.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:08 am

What has Diaz done at 170 though. In fact, when was the last time he even fought at 170.

Hieron has been beaten by a number of bums.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:25 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Ive never seen Walker play Football but he is old, Small and doesnt have any MMA experience. (Although I hear he has done martial arts before) I cant see him doing anything. I wonder what Bum they will put him in with for his debut? Id love Dan Severn to step up!! Maby Don Frye?

Was he not also a 110m hurdler as well? or was it 100m sprint? Do know that he made the Winter Olympic's team for Bobsleigh about 1990ish.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:02 pm

Doesn't matter Shields did nothing at MW and got a title shot. Diaz is one of the better WWs outside the UFC, right now outside Shields if he drops back down he is the best and the most popular. Hieron hasn't lost to bums, just average fighters and GSP. He doesn't deserve it, but thats not my argument. He was promised one and they took it away just like Dana did with Hendo. Thats only because Diaz was hitting the bong, how is that fair? He wins against Taylor who was undefeated in 7 at the time and then loses his title shot. He didn't deserve it, Just like Hendo didn't but he was promised one so they should have gave it to him.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:39 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:"First i want to say very thank you for opportunity"

Pigeon is what he speaks.

He is understandable though, which is more than can be said for Fedor, Anderson Silva or Tito Ortiz...

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:52 pm

Haha that was hilarious, never noticed it the first time. That was horrible. That video reminds me of what a great event Day of reckoning was, amazing KOs and super subs.
    BTW Ortiz is huge, he dwarfs Belfort and Babalu, doesn't look that much smaller than Barnett and is bigger than Fedor.

A Silva English consists of "No".
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:34 pm

I'm glad Tito is back fighting...............means we don't have to listen to him anymore. He sounds drunk there!

It flashed up that Babalu had never been a champion. He was Strikeforce champion at the time.

How obvious was it that Babalu and Tito don't like each other?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:38 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Hieron hasn't lost to bums, just average fighters and GSP.

Brad Blackburn, Chris Wilson, Jonathan Goulet.

3 bums.

and GSP.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:47 pm

Bums is harsh, just not very good. All three have some decent wins on there record. Zaromskis has lost to some proper bums in his career. Che Mills comes to mind, twice.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:59 pm

What the hell was wrong with Tito there, he couldnt string 2 consecutive coherent sentences to save his life. Dana probably paid to fuck up their show.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:02 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Bums is harsh, just not very good. All three have some decent wins on there record. Zaromskis has lost to some proper bums in his career. Che Mills comes to mind, twice.

Second fight with Mills was stopped for a cut. He was winning the fight.

The biggest win on any of their records is Hieron. And he's average at best.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:21 am

A cut is still a legit stoppage.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:33 am

No, it's not. How many times have we seen fights giving someone an asskicking, get cut and lose the fight?

Randy Couture vs Vitor will always be the one stoppage that negates what you've said. A cut caused by loose tap on the glove.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:48 am

Um when I used that very same example you said exactly what I said.

"A cut is still a legit stoppage"

Hypocrit Laughing

But I agree anyway, Leben vs Kenflo is another good example.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:09 am

good example.

Thats the only thing i dont like about KenFlo, how he intends to stop fights by cuts.
    It's bad sportsmanship because cuts can shorten careers and affect them in future fights.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:24 am

Remember his fight against Sherk?? He said it before the fight that his goal was to stop the fight via a cut. He knew Sherk would put him on his back and he was just gonna try and cut him and get it stopped.

KenFlo does have amazing elbows though.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:28 am

Ben Stiller does indeed have some crazy elbows. That cut on Guida was vicous. But I agree with Chesty, they are dangerous, they can scar for life and well its not the best way to win.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:38 am

Nah I dont agree, Cuts are all part of the game, Fighters that cut easily need to avoid KFLOs elbows because they seem to be razor sharp. It sounds a little Violent to say your going to win by Cuts but Is it any worse than Breaking someones Ribs with Knees? Its a Violent sport and Kenny doesnt seem like an out of controll animal or anything! He is just playing to his strengths... Razor sharp elbows
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:15 am

I side with Ben on this one.

Yes cuts can end careers, as can any number of events that occur in the cage/ring. I don't see the difference in someone trying to break an arm or trying to cut someone up. Is that not what you intend to do, when dropping elbows from top position?

I agree that saying that you actually intend to win by cuts is as bad as saying that you want to break someones arm/leg, but as a legit fighting technique it's as valid as any other IMO.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:20 pm