THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Most Pointless fight of the year...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Most Pointless fight of the year... Empty Most Pointless fight of the year...

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:27 am

Goodridge vs Mousasi!!!

What is the point of this fight?

Ive got to say with Sakuraba being injured in really disapointed with the Dynamite!! 2009 card. There are far too many japanese fighters and too many Sengoku fighters who are realistically a lower level.

This fight just topped off the card for pointless fights... What does Mousasi have to gain from beating 43years old Goodridge who has won 2 of his last 15 K-1 fights!!! And lost his lat 5 MMa fights back to back!

Mousasi has won his only K-1 fight against Musashi in the 1st round and is on a 14 fight winning spree in MMA...

Why was this matchup made? And why are there so many pointless fight on this card.

Ray Sefo vs Yosuke Nishijima??? I saw the buildup video and it kept hyping what a great Pro Boxer Yosuke is but Ive no doubt in my mind this is going to be a 1 sided beat down. Sefo is a K-1 Legend and Yosuke is well 0-1 in K-1 and 0-5 in MMA!

Alistair Overeem v Kazuyuki Fujita??? Apparently they changed Arlovski for Ironhead! theres gotta be something happening behind the scenes here, Ironhead is well past his best and Roidereem should beat him easily. I dont see why Arlovski, a more relevant name was replaced.

Eh its not like im not going to watch the card, Aoki, Overeem, Kid Yamamoto, Mach Sakurai, Crusher, Minowa, Manhoef, Sefo, Mousasi... theres a great lineup but some really really disapointing matchmaking.

After watching Dream 12 were we had matchups like James Thompson vs Overeem and Whitemare matched up with Myeon Ho Bae... at Dream 11 Sakuraba was matched up against 0-0 Rubin Williams from the contender... Makes me wonder what the fuck Japanese matchmakers are playing at. Its not like they dont have the tallent at their disposal they just make these 1 sided matchups and Im not a fan of it.... Bah Humbug! santa
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Most Pointless fight of the year... Empty Re: Most Pointless fight of the year...

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:50 am

I still think there are some excellent matches, Gono vs Mach is a potentiol FOTY.

not sure about these terrible matchups, I think its typical Japanese booking where they get a star against a jobber. Goodbridge is an awul fighter and Mousasi is the bigges rising star in MMA. Maybe its to give him more experiece at K1.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Most Pointless fight of the year... Empty Re: Most Pointless fight of the year...

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Its the biggest show of the year, They could have matched up Mousasi with Sefo. Sefo hasnt been unstoppable at K-1 recently. Thats a fight id have loved to have see.

Yeah Match vs Gono is a good one. I dont know about fight of the year, Ive a feeling Mach will dominate this one or take Gono out early... Looking forward to that one.

Theres a few figths I cant wait for but Im diapointed in some of the matchmaking.

Id love to know why Ironhead reaplaced Arlovski, AA vs Overeem is a great match and Surely even in Japan AA is a bigger name than Ironhead?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:13 pm

I think its clear they couldnt find a credible opponent for Mousasi on time, so they picked Goodridge who said he could fight at Dynamite. I guess they really wanted Mousasi name on the card to add some more star appeal to the card.

I hope Sylvia-Choi gets added , i really want to see this fight for some reason... Twisted Evil

I was disapointed when i heard they canceled Arlovski-Overeem fight, origanally it was supposed to be Sylvia-Overeem. Overeem manager's excuse that these fight were canceled was because he had just completed the K-1 and did not have enogh time to prepare for these credible tough opponents. (I assume he just meant Arlovski Very Happy )
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:09 am

where is the best place to get these dynamite events on dvd all my local mma shops dont stock it?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:41 pm