THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

The Ultimate Finale

MMA
    MMA
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

The Ultimate Finale Empty The Ultimate Finale

Post  MMA Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:40 pm

After watching the Ultimate Finale i felt awfully let down. Not just the fights but ESPN's coverage is really shoddy! Few examples:

Adverts. After every round there is an advert, Half my night was spent watching adverts about Tekken 6! If a fight lasted like 1 minute they would go straight to adverts. Frustrating!

Big Baby Vs Mitrione: I spent the first 1 and a half minutes of that fight watching a picture of the tale of the tape!

Kimbo Vs Alexander: Thought this fight was a let down, ok maybe because it was hyped up so much but Houston Alexander actually looked scared of Kimbo. Another thing that bugged me after the fight with Joe Rogan saying Kimbos ground game has improved, When he fought the only fighter with a worse ground game than his. Alexanders ground game would make me look like GSP!

Jones Vs Hamill: I felt bad for Matt Hamill after the fight he looked like a broken man. Ok the elbow was illegal however if that elbow didnt happen Jones would of just kept beating on him anyways. However im sure Jones will be back and I cant wait to see it!

On a plus side i though Boceks fight was awesome!

Rant Over :-)
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

The Ultimate Finale Empty Re: The Ultimate Finale

Post  sunthunder Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:52 pm

The advert breaks weren't really ESPN's fault. It was because the event was aired on Spike TV in the US, and US TV is blighted by advert breaks. The PPVs aren't like that.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:38 pm