THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
quicksuperlee
8 posters

Ultimate Fighter Finale

quicksuperlee
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Ultimate Fighter Finale Empty Ultimate Fighter Finale

Post  quicksuperlee Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Just been on 606 page where a guy is asking what channel Fighter finale is on. Its not on ESPN have had a look its on FIVEUSA at 23:00 on the 12th DEC which means its not live as the fighter finale is on the 10th december!!!! STIFFED AGAIN BY THE UFC!!!!!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Ultimate Fighter Finale Empty Re: Ultimate Fighter Finale

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:08 pm

We always get to see TUF after the americans, no big loss though! (its always on MMA-core.com the same day it comes out in the US) The quality of the fighers are piss poor and even the winner isnt going to be able to hang with the majority of UFC heavys. I a bit bored of this series of TUF... Frank Mir said he had to stop watching it because it was so poor!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:15 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:We always get to see TUF after the americans, no big loss though! (its always on MMA-core.com the same day it comes out in the US) The quality of the fighers are piss poor and even the winner isnt going to be able to hang with the majority of UFC heavys. I a bit bored of this series of TUF... Frank Mir said he had to stop watching it because it was so poor!

yeah, but there is Hammill/Jones, Edgar/someone and Houston/Kimbo.
    quicksuperlee
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  quicksuperlee Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:17 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    We always get to see TUF after the americans, no big loss though! (its always on MMA-core.com the same day it comes out in the US) The quality of the fighers are piss poor and even the winner isnt going to be able to hang with the majority of UFC heavys. I a bit bored of this series of TUF... Frank Mir said he had to stop watching it because it was so poor!

But didnt we watch some TUF finals on Setanta? I cant remember!!!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:39 pm

yeah, but there is Hammill/Jones, Edgar/someone and Houston/Kimbo.

Edgar vs Veach which I don't understand because Edgar just beat Sherk who arguably was a top 10 at the time. Certainly top 10 UFC LW. They should have put Edgar vs Daddy, that would be a good fight. Hammil vs Jones should be a good one and Houstan vs Kimbo should be an easy win for Alexander.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Oh the Finale! I though you ment the final show! Sorry Misunderstood!! Shame were getting it late, Jon Jones is one of the most entertaining fighers out there! cant wait to see him whoop Hamill!! Very Happy Guess we will all have to avoid the results!
    quicksuperlee
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  quicksuperlee Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:48 pm

ben...thats just not gonna happen..i cant keep off the internet for two minutes never mind two day...dont know why espn arnt showing it live on thursday
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:28 pm

quicksuperlee wrote:ben...thats just not gonna happen..i cant keep off the internet for two minutes never mind two day...dont know why espn arnt showing it live on thursday

Know what you mean! Its hard avoiding those spoilers! I dont know why ESPN wouldnt be showing it live.. they show all other UFC events. I cant wait to see Kimbo KO'd by Houston... If Seth KO'd him with a jab imagine what Houston will do it he gets that cingla collar tie followed but hooks n uppercuts like he did on Jardine! affraid
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:51 pm

Or he could just take Kimbo down and beat him there. Houstan is no Maia on the ground, far from it but even he could beat kimbo on the ground. James Thompson was beating Kimbo on the ground. But I would love to see a brutal Ko though, no doubt Rogan and Goldberg will talk about how much Kimbo has improved as a fighter and how he is ready for the UFC. Then Goldberg will talk about how "classy" he is.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 pm

"Then Goldberg will talk about how "classy" he is."
    Laughing

He loves that line! I also get a good laugh out his fact cards he has for if the action gets slow... "Kimbo was born and raised in Utah" "kimbo is one of 5 brothers" etc.. he always has these crap facts to give you, usually when the fight hits the floor! I love when Joe Rogan cuts him off in the middel of them! God I wish UFC would hire that Aussie guy who does DREAM or Bas Rutten... or Both!
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:44 pm

Really hoping Kimbo goes down again, I'm already sick of the mention of him........ although the danger is once Houston knocks his gold teeth down his throat we'll probably see him resurface next year in the celebrity jungle, via the WWE, and maybe with a christmas single out as well.

Never seen such a publicity hunting no-talent getting so many chances off the back of nothing.

As for Goldberg, expect to hear about how Kimbo's become 'one of the most beloved fighters in TUF history', or perhaps how his ground game is 'a well kept secret', as well as the inevitable 'classy'.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Haha, I know ive heard him call BJ Penn, Frank Mir and Tito Ortiz classy! All fine fighters but classy they are not. Im suprised he didn't say Lesner was classy after UFC 100.

I don't mind him too much, he is just really annoying sometimes. I do love the "and it is all over!!" line. I love the aussie guy from Dream he has some really funny lines but I think he is a bit too raucy for the UFC's liking. Rutten would be brilliant. Rogan for the most part is a good commentater except when he gets really biased but overall he knows his shit.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:53 pm

I love the way Goldie agrees with everything Rogan says, if Rogan is getting Bios towards one of his boys Goldie will always see the fight the same way. He is Rogans Bitch... I can see Rogan tapping his fingers on Goldies head like the Gimp from Pulp fiction! I wouldnt mind seeing the back of Goldie at all. I dont think he is anything special.

Rogan is a top class commentator I think, I love the way he knows everything about BJJ. Even when guys are just pinning someones arm down he says things like "if he just lifts the arm to the left he could have a Supermegaplatta" (or some other crazy sub you have never heard of!) I love how he always sees openings for these grazy subbs and sometimes thinks fighers are going for them when they are just grabbing an arm! His knowlege of the grappling game is 1st class
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:59 pm

One thing that does annoy me a bit about Rogan is the fact that his sleeves are always down over his hands, as if he's wearing a jumper his nan nitted him.

Also, he starts every post fight interview with 'alright, I'm here with <insert fighter name>'.... No, really Joe? Shit I thought you were on a beach in the Bahamas!
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:08 pm

So when is the TUF Finale actually on?? There's nothing listed on Five USA or ESPN over the weekend.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Paolo_73 wrote:One thing that does annoy me a bit about Rogan is the fact that his sleeves are always down over his hands, as if he's wearing a jumper his nan nitted him.

Also, he starts every post fight interview with 'alright, I'm here with <insert fighter name>'.... No, really Joe? Shit I thought you were on a beach in the Bahamas!

.....OK WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN!

<insert fighter name> EVERYONE!!"
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Joe Rogan: "Think of leg kicks as like in a video game. The more they take, their power goes right down."
    Goldberg: "I know what you're thinking, mighty ball mighty ball DEEP DEEP DEEP!"
    Joe Rogan: *Does best to ignore that and continue talking about the fight*

Mike Goldberg: "He's got him in some kind of strange choke I've never seen before!"
    Joe Rogan: "That's a rear naked choke."

Joe Rogan: "Karo is wide open!"
    Mike Goldberg: "Diaz smells the opening."

Mike Goldberg: "You can hear the corner speaking portuguese!"
    Joe Rogan: "Uh, that's Japanese, brother"
    Mike Goldberg: "I should have known that."
    Joe Rogan: "You're the one married to a Japanese chick."
    Mike Goldberg: "That is correct."

Frank Shamrock: "Ohhhh huge knee!"
    Mike Goldberg: "Big knee!"
    Frank Shamrock: "That was a huge knee!"
    Mike Goldberg: "That knee was big!"

Goldberg: "Welcome back, Randy Couture. This fight brought to you by..."
    Sylvia gets knocked down in the first 8 seconds*
    Rogan: "Big right hand! Sylvia is down!"
    Goldberg: "...Shooter. Starring Mark Wahlberg in theatres next Friday."

Mike Goldberg: "And here is Nakamura...entering the octagon for the 1st time...touching the fence for the first time."
    Joe Roganlaughs)"You running out things to say?"
    Mike Goldberg: "Yeah. Kinda(laughs). You? You know, you could help out and chime in once in a while..."

Mike Goldberg: "Because SOAKoudjou is so highly touted, you almost want to sit back and watch and SOAK it in."

Mike Goldberg: "Don't forget coming up next it's Blade the series...plenty of action, violence, vampire sexuality!"
    Rogan: "Vampire sexuality, what's that?"
    Goldberg: "I don't know, it was on a card they put in front of me"

Goldberg: "If Jardine's last name were Johnson, the nickname Dean of Mean would make no sense."

Joe Rogan: "He's getting instructions in two different languages."
    Mike Goldberg: "He understands them both!"

on Travis Lutter
    Mike Goldberg: "He's like the Michael Jordan of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu!"
    Joe Rogan: "No, he's not"
    Mike Goldberg: "Larry Bird?"
    Joe Rogan: "Uhm, no."
    Mike Goldberg: "Kobe Bryant?"
    Joe Rogan: "..."

Joe Rogan: "Here's a beautifull left hook by Gonzaga."
    Mike Goldberg: "Yup, You can clearly see his nose explode there."
    Joe Rogan: "I don't think that was it actually, the thing that damaged his nose was in a takedown."
    Mike Goldberg: "Oh, Gotcha!"

Clip of Randy taking Gonzaga down (not the headbutt one)
    Goldberg: "Oh yeah, you're right, thats it, pardon me."
    Rogan: "I don't think it was there either, i think it was in another takedown."
    Goldberg: "Oh."

Clip of Randy slamming Gonzaga, which caused the broken nose due to a headbutt*
    Rogan: "I believe this is what caused it, watch as he takes Gonzaga down, they both collide heads, BAM, thats it, right there."
    Goldberg: "Oh, good call, good call."

on Kenny Florian after taking a groin shot
    Goldberg: "... So you want to be an Ultimate Fighter?"

on "Lil' Evil" Jens Pulver vs. John Lewis
    After "Lil' Evil" Jens Pulver knocked Lewis out*
    Goldberg: ""Lil' Eagle" flies again!"

Random Quotes

Goldberg: "He's unrelentless!"

Goldberg: "You know Roy Jones Jr. respects the hands of Forrest Griffin."

Goldberg: "And here we go!"

Goldberg: "And it's all over!"

Goldberg: "That eye is rocked!"

Goldberg: "Could we be blessed with a 3rd round?"

Goldberg: "Continuing on his meteoric rise!"

Retrieved from "http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mike_Goldberg" before it was deleted

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:53 pm

^^^^

Ultimate Fighter Finale Applause
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Poor Mike Crying or Very sad
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:02 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:I love the way Goldie agrees with everything Rogan says, if Rogan is getting Bios towards one of his boys Goldie will always see the fight the same way. He is Rogans Bitch... I can see Rogan tapping his fingers on Goldies head like the Gimp from Pulp fiction! I wouldnt mind seeing the back of Goldie at all. I dont think he is anything special.

So basically like the ridiculous bias shown during the Shogun-Machida fight?

rudeboyben84 wrote:Rogan is a top class commentator I think, I love the way he knows everything about BJJ. Even when guys are just pinning someones arm down he says things like "if he just lifts the arm to the left he could have a Supermegaplatta" (or some other crazy sub you have never heard of!) I love how he always sees openings for these grazy subbs and sometimes thinks fighers are going for them when they are just grabbing an arm! His knowlege of the grappling game is 1st class

Couldn't disagree more. I think he's a terrible commentator and is up there with Dana in being a really bad representative of the sport. He's ridiculously biased and doesn't even try to hide it! Compare the horrendous commentary of Goldberg and Rogan to that of Ranello, Shamrock and Gus Johnson. Not even a competition. The CBS team had everything you could ask for. A proper play by play from some1 who knows what he's talking about in Johnson. Colour commentary from Ranello who has an incredible knowledge of MMA and gives a balanced description of what's going on. And Shamrock who's probably the most knowledgable fighter out there and really adds character to the broadcast. The UFC should get rid of Rogan and Goldberg and get the commentary team from the WEC.

As for his knowledge of grappling, he knows what Eddie Bravo has told him and he sees what Eddie Bravo sees because Bravo sits beside him at every event and is constantly telling him what's going on.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:13 pm

Thought i would post this here,

You all remember our friend right? Hes back with a rant on UFC commentary

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:24 pm

Forrest Griffin really does look like Opie Taylor! Haha!

I actually agree with what the headcase has to say about Rogan and Goldberg and Dana wanting them to be more pro-wrestling than professional. Give me boxing commentators every day of the week.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Didn't you used to be a fan of Rogan Anfield? Times change after the Machida-Shogun fight

He isn't that bad, he knows his shit. Yes he is very biased at times but thats a minor flaw in a good commentater. Shamrock and Ranello are good comentater. Gus Johnson is awful.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 am

Johnson is excellent at play by play IMO. He's a boxing commentator so he just calls what he sees rather than what he thinks. He does his job and leaves the opinions to the other.

I like Rogan as a comedian. Don't like him as a comedian and have been calling for him to be replaced since long before Shogun-Machida.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Personally I never pay attention to Gus, he is a bit boring but Il keep an ear for him next time to see what you mean.

But I still think your being harsh on Rogan, besides his sometimes bias commentry he is pretty good. He also talks about fighters from other organisation, he talked up Aoki and Shields not too long ago, which probably pisses Dana off but Rogan doesn't care.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:05 pm