THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Better than their Record or Ranking suggests

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Better than their Record or Ranking suggests Empty Better than their Record or Ranking suggests

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:55 pm

Simple question, what fighers out there do people feel are better than their rankings/record suggest? Are there any guys outside the top 10 you could see beating a highly ranked guy in their devision?

Ill Start,

Brandon Vera. He "lost" to Jardine and Randy in two fights that could have gone either way. Werdum fight was a little bit of a controversial stoppage, Vera want defending himself but no doubt could have hung in there for the 20 seconds left on the card. His only other loss was to Tim Sylvia were he broke his hand and put on a decent showing trying to land elbows but ultimatley lost a UD.

Vera has 3 decision losses and a TKO loss but I think he is better than his record suggests. I think he would cause some top 10 Lhw's a world of trouble. Rampage eats leg kicks like Butterbeat eats KFC's would be one Id expect Vera to cause a lot of trouble for.

He holds a 1st round stoppage over Mir and looked great and very sharpo against Mike Patt and Soszynski. Vera isnt top 10, maby not top 15 but Id give him a good chance of beating a few of the fighters ranked above him.

Anyone got any others?
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Better than their Record or Ranking suggests Empty Re: Better than their Record or Ranking suggests

Post  Shanemc Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:58 pm

yeah Vera is prob the best i can think of his loss to Randy was terrible he definetely won that fight and i thought he beat jardine but that fight was very close
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Better than their Record or Ranking suggests Empty Re: Better than their Record or Ranking suggests

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Brett Rogers could probably beat quite a few guys ahead f him in the rankings. Also Joe daddy Stevenson is alot better than his ranking suggests.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Vera frustrates me. He has great stand-up. Good ju-jitsu and excellent greco wrestling but he just doesn't seem to be the same fighter he was before his lay-off. He's not agressive any more. He has the best leg kicks in the UFC and possible the best muay thai clinch after anderson silva. He should be destroying people.

I do agree that he's better than his ranking. He has the skills to be top 6 or 7 in the LHW division, maybe higher.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:27 pm