THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
redmeanie77
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
7 posters

Quick question about Edgars record

poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Quick question about Edgars record Empty Quick question about Edgars record

Post  poz Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Just doing my predictions for this weekend, and I sort of fancy Edgar for another shock and was looking on Sherdog at his record.
    I notice that it says on there he has a 'technical submission' in amongst his other subs.
    It's a term I haven't heard used before, could someone tell me the difference please?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Quick question about Edgars record Empty Re: Quick question about Edgars record

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:30 pm

A technical submission is different to your everyday submission as it means the fighter didn't tap, and the referee had to forcibly stop it. Examples being Mir choking Kongo unconscious, that was a technical submission because Kongo didn't sumbit, he was unconscious and the ref had to stop it. Another example is Mir/Sylvia, people just dont seem to want to tap to Mir Laughing

Sort of similar to a Technical knockout i guess, in the sense that the ref had to call a stop to the contest.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Also Randy choking out Coleman cheers

The most decorated technical submission is probably Sakuraba's kimura on Renzo Gracie. He was just not going to tap to that !!!
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:20 pm

Great call in the end....!

only one of us to back the champ i think
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:49 pm

BJ would have trashed him if he took a leaf out of Lauzon's book.

so hesitant compared to how i have seen him early in his career. looked like he was seeing how little energy he could expend.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Worst performance of BJ's career. Very very strange. He didn't seem to want to be there.

Good performance from Edgar, but Maynard is going to smash him again.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:57 pm

Can I have a tiny little gloat?
    Cool
    I just feel that Bj hasn't the hunger he used to? I also heard him quoted as saying that even if he lost he'd still live in Hawaii (don't know if that's true or not), which made me think he might not be as committed as he could be.

Won't comment further, as I haven't seen the fight only red report.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:03 pm

BJ just didnt seem to have a clue what to do with Edgars style and speed. The amount of times Frankie got in and out and left BJ swinging free air was impressive. Not only that but Edgar had BJ guessing all the time, constant feignts, constant angle changes and was just very unpredictable.

Coupled with some very impressive leg kicks, and some mighty takedowns, BJ was just outclassed last night.

Even when BJ got the takedown and got Frankie's back he wasnt able to control him for long and could do anything really...

Maynard did well last night and cant wait for the rematch with Edgar.

But full credit to Frankie last night, he was amazing.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:30 pm

yeah frankie just seemed to be 2 moves ahaed of BJ all fight,quicker,more powerfull,more accurate,you name it Frankie was better.

BJ got schooled for 5 rds.

Good prediction ppozma

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 pm