THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Nog out, Sonnen unable to replace him. Machida/Davis at 163

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nog out, Sonnen unable to replace him. Machida/Davis at 163 Empty Nog out, Sonnen unable to replace him. Machida/Davis at 163

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Well bad news for those following it, Nog was injured (minor back injury I understand) it shouldnt keep him out long but he isnt ready to fight Shogun.

Sonnen being Sonnen offered to fill in. I really love Sonnen for this he has stepped in and fought Jones as a replacement and now offered to fight Shogun, no matter what I admire that in him, fearless do him justice.

Sonnen had visa issues so he cant fill in and Shogun is off the card now and will fight on a card soon.

In the Lhw devision its been decided that Gus will fight Jones and Machida will be fighting Davis at UFC 163.

So the way the devision will pan out should be

Bones vs Gus
    Machida vs Davis - Machida gets shot if he wins
    Hendo vs Evans - Glover gets the winner for next shot.

Shogun is ready to fight soon so either the fight with Nog goes ahead or him and Sonnen will fight.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Nog out, Sonnen unable to replace him. Machida/Davis at 163 Empty Re: Nog out, Sonnen unable to replace him. Machida/Davis at 163

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:02 pm

Really disappointed Lil Nog Shogun II got canned for Sonnen vs Shogun at the FOX 1 card.

Don't get me wrong Sonnen vs Shogun is an intriguing fight but I'd be surprised If Sonnen beats Shogun even at this stage of his career I think Shogun is too savvy on the ground for Sonnen and on the feet I think he will most likely clip Chael at some stage.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nog out, Sonnen unable to replace him. Machida/Davis at 163 Empty Re: Nog out, Sonnen unable to replace him. Machida/Davis at 163

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Really don't understand how Gus against gets the fight before Machida. Machida clearly deserves it more.

Sonnen is a real fighter, fights anyone anytime. Never turns down a fight.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:32 pm

I agree Anfield the only reason I can think Gus gets the next shot is a way to re-pay the Swedish fans with a Title fight after what happened in April.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:51 pm

Hendo beat Shogun, Machida beat him so right now its Machida > Hendo > Shogun... you could instert Guy in at Hendo's level for the win over Shogun but thats it. Machida is the clear number 1 contender.

Well im not too worries, Machida will make short work of Davis. Davis isnt in the same ballpark standing and few men are able to close Machida down and take him down.

I honestly believe Machida can and will KO Jones before Jones leaves the Lhw devision.

Sonnen has my respect, TRT or not, "Gangster" or not, a fighter who will fight anyone any time is a fighter I like.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:52 pm