THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
rudeboyben84
the_king
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
8 posters

CroCop could replace Carwin at 125

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

CroCop could replace Carwin at 125 Empty CroCop could replace Carwin at 125

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:36 am

http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/cro-cop-protiv-ufcovog-debeljka-u-sijecnju-spreman-sam-uskociti-ako-treba/520178.aspx

Google translate...

MIRKO could see it in action earlier than expected. According to recent information published by the MMA world's media, until recently, the challenger in the heavyweight Shane Carwin has fallen for the January match against Roy Nelson at UFC 125th Cro Cop was in talks to Index confirmed the order was ready to jump instead of Carwin.

"Today, I only found out when I called journalists Fightersonly magazine to Shane Carwin injured and they asked me would I like to jump. Of course I would. I'm sorry about everything that Carwin injured because it is a very good fighter, but if you need to jump in - here I am, "said Filipovic and adds:

"I really do not know what the plans UFC, but if we come forward, I'll agree. Professional I, this is my job, and to struggle to remain more than two months. That's quite enough for good preparation. I think Nelson would fit and style. "

"Do not underestimate Nelson"

Filipovic about chubby fighter has a high opinion.

"Is not no way to underestimate. Indeed, it is a very good fighter who is good at Stojceva and still is a master of Brazilian jiu-jitsu. It may seem a bit physically inferior. Just, a little chubby, but his looks deceive. It is dangerous hitter and anyone with him would not be easy. This is evident in the fight with Junior dos Santos ", samatra" Croatian police. "

A Cro Cop after a defeat and a knockout of Frank Mir immediately shook his training. He says he has no injury problems and has for some time in full operation.

"I'm very well. I had a couple of days break and I immediately returned to training.'m Practically in full operation and I am ready to throw tomorrow in preparation," said Mirko.

The agreement with the UFC did not want to talk.

"This is my business stuff and I do not want to talk too much about it."

"Lesnar has shown that no MMA fighter"

However, because the Cro Cop leisure used to look for a title fight between Brock Lesnar and Cain Velasquez, which took place last Saturday in Las Vegas.

"I watched on Saturday and the fight was good. Lesnar has fought, but it was evident that technically is not shod fighter. This is normal due to his wrestling past. Kicks him bad, and every time it hit Cain, turning the head. It was on the ground. turned up, he defended the double 'boyfriend', is žmirio. This MMA fighter does not work. literally panicked defending Cain and deservedly took the title "obajšnjava Filipovic and adds:

"Although, of course, and Lesnar is dangerous due to its immense power that possesses. Is not to be underestimated. But I repeat, this is a fighter who is afraid to receive a blow and at times it was strange to watch."

Velasquez will be the first title defense against Mirko's acquaintance Junior Dos Santos.

"It's hard to say who is better. Both are young, practically at the beginning of their careers in full force. Maybe it would give a small advantage Dos Santos, who has long limbs and better in Stojceva. I say, both are hungry for victory, not saturated with this sport and in front them is a great career, "he concluded Cro Cop.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

CroCop could replace Carwin at 125 Empty Re: CroCop could replace Carwin at 125

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:19 am

I don't want to see Mirko vs Nelson. I really don't. Only two fights i want to see Mirko in are Couture and Liddell. The second won't happen. The first should as a retirement fight for both. Perhaps a Cro-Cop vs Couture, Tito vs Chuck double main event card. With all 4 retiring.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:24 am

Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:I don't want to see Mirko vs Nelson. I really don't. Only two fights i want to see Mirko in are Couture and Liddell. The second won't happen. The first should as a retirement fight for both. Perhaps a Cro-Cop vs Couture, Tito vs Chuck double main event card. With all 4 retiring.

That's a great idea and would definitely sell big time. Throw in Big Nog against someone as well and you've got yourself a top card!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:37 am

Can't really think of anyone for Nog to fight to be honest. If Hendo was still in the UFC I'd suggest him. Hendo would take it as a HW fight and come in around 210 or so. It would be their rubber match. Struggling to think of another legend who should call it a day and would be close to Nog in terms of weight class. Hughes is the other one but obviously much too small.

Unless;

Cro-Cop vs Couture
    Big Nog vs Liddell
    Little Nog vs Ortiz

Pride vs UFC - Legends Laid To Rest!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:48 am

CroCop- Couture = Legends of MMA whose best days are behind them but aren't quite irrelevant yet.

Big Nog- Liddell = Legends who are way past their best and can no longer take a punch.

Lil Nog- Ortiz = Veterans who aren't going to be a champ ever again but can still hang with the best.

They are three seriously fun fights!

Add to that, the much more unrealistic but still fun fights (only using fighters who IMO are close to retirement);

Anderson Silva vs. Rampage Jackson (Rampage being on team UFC)

Takanori Gomi vs. BJ Penn

And i'm really struggling to think of a PRIDE WW to fight Hughes!!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:00 am

is it just me or does cro cop only take fights now on short notice. iv never seen him have a planned opponent for ages he just takes over from injured heavy bouts.its like the ufc are only using him as a stand in.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:03 am

isnt cro cop serving a medicle suspension until april 2011??
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:24 am

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic has received a 180 day suspension and an indefinite suspension pending clearance of a CT-head scan.

Could be back Feburary. They would have to make the fight at UFC 126 or 127
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:55 pm

CroCop - Nogueira II is the only fight I care to watch CroCop fight, then they could both retire. At this point I think Roy could KO CroCop and I think Id cry if that happened Sad
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:04 pm

im not sre weather i enjoy watching cro cop fight now, its a shame i used to really enjoy watching him in pride. his fall from grace seemed to be around the gonzaga loss.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Mark Hunt anyone?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:14 pm

ill be suprised if hunt fights in ufc again.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:42 pm

If UFC are not planning on doing Brock-Mir 3. Then i think Mir will replace Carwin to face Roy Nelson. Which would be a very interesting fight.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:14 pm

CroCop could replace Carwin at 125 Crocop

maybe his drop in form is due to being exhausted from reading erm magazines.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:06 pm

the_king wrote:CroCop could replace Carwin at 125 Crocop

maybe his drop in form is due to being exhausted from reading erm magazines.

Embarassed
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Maybe Timmeh is coming back to the UFC as a replacement for Carwin. Laughing

He has just recently left this comment on Twitter

"Spike has got me on all night tonight, wonder y "

http://twitter.com/timsylviamma
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:51 am

Timmeh is probably still a top 10 HW when he's in shape. It's funny that he left the UFC because they wouldn't give him Lesnar-type money. He'll be coming back on much less than he left on I'd imagine.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 5:10 am