THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Machidas managment turn down Gus fight, waiting on title shot.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Machidas managment turn down Gus fight, waiting on title shot. Empty Machidas managment turn down Gus fight, waiting on title shot.

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:20 am

Thats fair enough, Machida has beat Hendo and Bader to get his rematch with Jones and he is the only guy people seem interested in rematching him.

Gus might have to wait a while on a fight but I think a number 1 contenders fight with Glover would be cool to see if he beats Te Huna.

I honestly give Machida a half decent shot at beating Bones in a rematch, Id put him as the underdog for sure but at the heavier weight one strike can end a fight in the blink of an eye and Machida is quicker than Bones.

Davis should make noise about a rematch with Gus if he gets by Magalesh.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Machidas managment turn down Gus fight, waiting on title shot. Empty Re: Machidas managment turn down Gus fight, waiting on title shot.

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:29 pm

I don't think that will go down to well with Dana, As for Gus maybe Golver If he puts away Te-Huna next month.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Machidas managment turn down Gus fight, waiting on title shot. Empty Re: Machidas managment turn down Gus fight, waiting on title shot.

Post  Mryzyz Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:01 pm

But what if he doesn't get offered a title shot?

There are plenty of other 205lbers who could be given the shot instead, who haven't already lost to Jones and who haven't annoyed the UFC by turning down fights.

Of all the LHWs, I still give Machida the best shot at beating Jones, but if say Lil' Nog beats Shogun (which he will), I would say that makes him the most deserving contender, especially considering he hasn't had a crack at Jones yet.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:39 pm