THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
we are all juan
Detroit Dave
Anfields5thKing
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
9 posters

Belfort vs Bisping, how do you see it going?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Belfort vs Bisping, how do you see it going? Empty Belfort vs Bisping, how do you see it going?

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:47 pm

It seems to be the thinking after a round maby 2 Bisping will run away with the fight. Bisping said Belfort fades as soon as he doesnt get his own way in a fight wich is a fair enough statment, but I can see Belfot getting it done in a round.

He has the same sort of front footed firepower Henderson has, the sort of guy who when he is swinging people get dropped. His attack is pretty predictable and he relies on his go to shots like Henderson. Doing his own thing got Dan the KO, I think it will get Belfort the KO too. Stepping off to the side is the way to deal with Belforts stampeeding attack of straights, Bisping backs up a lot in straight lines with his chin hanging some times. I think Vitor will find it in 5 mins.

Wand was able to lay gloves of Bisping 42 times to Bispings 32, he is a good technical striker no denying it but he gets hit but less Technical sluggers enough. Stann had him in trouble too, His wrestling really helped win him the that one. I dont think he will have the same success with Belfort grappling. Belfot Finished Rumble on the ground and near took Jones arm home with him.

Belfort KO in the 1st.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Belfort vs Bisping, how do you see it going? Empty Re: Belfort vs Bisping, how do you see it going?

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:01 pm

I hope you're right Ben I hate to say It this has Bisping UD written all over It. If Bisping escapes the first Round I feel It's his fight to lose.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Belfort vs Bisping, how do you see it going? Empty Re: Belfort vs Bisping, how do you see it going?

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:21 am

I think its fair enough him getting a shot if he wins, Belfort really is the guy Mw's need to go through to earn a shot, if he doesnt win this he will be the ultimate Gatekeeper in the devision!

Bisping has been about 7 years in the UFC and although he has had his losses in that time Belfort and Stann are great back to back wins as well as doing well enough against Sonnen who was the clear cut number 2 for a while at Mw and in a title shot at Lhw.

If Belfort wins he needs to go after someone he can make a statment against. Id think it fair to give him another crack at Silva if he got a big win like Lombard or Weidman though I dont fancy his chances in either.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:24 am

Belfort to spark him. Bisping should be asleep approximately 3 minutes and 41 seconds into the first round.
    Detroit Dave
    Detroit Dave
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Detroit Dave Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 am

Ummm... why the Bisping hate?
    we are all juan
    we are all juan
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  we are all juan Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:35 am

Vedor Belfort takes this handily, lads.
    The Samurai Life
    The Samurai Life
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  The Samurai Life Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:36 am

Bisbing is going to bight Victor's face off IMO. After Vitor gasses in the 2nd round, Bisping will take the fight home back to the UK.
    we are all juan
    we are all juan
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  we are all juan Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:37 am

Rolling Eyes
    The Samurai Life
    The Samurai Life
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  The Samurai Life Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:41 am

we are all juan wrote: Rolling Eyes

There is no need for that kind of rude behavior sir. Come off it mate.
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Well wasn't expecting a head kick to finish it was fully expecting belfort to punch bispings chin off.Warning signs were their end of the first for bisping clearly feeling belforts power .

Belfort now calling for a rematch with JJ presuming he beats sonnen which imo should do.

As for bisping lost 2 out of 3 now shouts at a title shot clearly over now probably just a stepping stone for likes of lombard ,rockhold etc

the only other fight i watched was gonzaga vs rothwell not impressed with either
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Barboza and Khabib produced a couple of nice 1st round finishes, id love to see them fight each other.

Wasnt expecting Bisping to win, Belforts power was always going to be too much for Bispings chin but I didnt expect it to be a Kick. Bisping really though he was going to win throwing hands with Belfort, he was even moving forward engaging him toe to toe. Bisping needs to stick to Job and Jab.

Come on mate Gabe looked good, his right hand was landing all night and Boxing is usually Gonzagas biggest weakness.

He out wrestled Big Ben who is as the comentators said a hard man to hold down. Showed he is evolving his game. Just to point out he took about the same time to Finish Ben as Cain did. Supprised you didnt think a lot of him.

Big Balls on Vitor going after Jones, Probabally thinks he has a better chance at getting a title shot at him because he didnt even make Anderson break a sweat and I doubt he would 2nd time around.
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:42 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Barboza and Khabib produced a couple of nice 1st round finishes, id love to see them fight each other.

Wasnt expecting Bisping to win, Belforts power was always going to be too much for Bispings chin but I didnt expect it to be a Kick. Bisping really though he was going to win throwing hands with Belfort, he was even moving forward engaging him toe to toe. Bisping needs to stick to Job and Jab.

Come on mate Gabe looked good, his right hand was landing all night and Boxing is usually Gonzagas biggest weakness.

He out wrestled Big Ben who is as the comentators said a hard man to hold down. Showed he is evolving his game. Just to point out he took about the same time to Finish Ben as Cain did. Supprised you didnt think a lot of him.

Big Balls on Vitor going after Jones, Probabally thinks he has a better chance at getting a title shot at him because he didnt even make Anderson break a sweat and I doubt he would 2nd time around.

probably not bispings most inteligent fight plan trying to go toe to toe with a knockout artist especially when bisping has pillow fists.

thought gonzaga looked tired walking back to the corner and rothwells punches looked lackadaisical considering he had been stating about his change in diets and training etc
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Gonzaga worked seriously hard on those TD's he isnt a wrestling machine like Cain who made Rothwells size seem less of an issue, he is a BJJ fighter trying to drag Big Ben down and thats exausting for him id say. 3 TD's against Ben and finishing it where you wanted to get the fight is a good showing even if he was breathing hard. Nelson only managed 1 TD when they fought. I still think Gonzaga could get back to being a contender.

His Boxing still isnt a strong point (and he wasnt dishing out big kicks!) but yeah his Cardio didnt look great agreed on that.

Who you want to see him against next? Rematch with Schaub if he gets past Lavar maby? Maby Dufee vs Gonzaga to see him aginst someone with more KO power than Rothwell, Kongo vs Gonzaga would work too.

Hw's lower ranks have some interesting combinations, at Mid level When Carwin is ready I say let him and Browne fight too.

Who is up for Belfort next? Will he be afte another Lhw fight if he is after Jones insted of Anderson?
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:54 pm

Mark hunt vs gabe gonzaga possibly , duffee also could be an interesting matchup.

Belfort vs jones 2 suits me fine (if he beats sonnen) that he never performed last time??
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm

I can't really take Belfort seriously at light-heavyweight any more, and I don't really want to see him go up against Jones again with the backlog of guys waiting for a title shot.

Mildly interested in a fight with Sonnen, but can't help but feel that'd be a fight which would just end up with everyone bemoaning the reappearence of the Vitor that wilts under pressure.

Actually think I most like the idea of Belfort facing Rockhold. Rockhold is dynamic, active everywhere and I just think Belfort is a good proven commodity to test how good Rockhold is. Also think Belfort needs to be heading in the Rich Franklin direction of taking high profile retirement tour fights, because I can't see Belfort really competing for a belt again.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:34 pm

He called out Jones and you think of the guys ahead of him he would have to wait on,

Sonnen
    Hendo vs Machida winner
    Gus if he beats Mousasi (this may be a Belfot/Bisping case where only 1 gets offered the title becase he didnt leave SF champ or anything and he is a new face in the UFC)
    Glover if he beats Rampage
    Evans if he beats Nog, he is still top ranked although he would have to show something special to make think he diserves another crack at Jones. Too much talk of him going to 185 though I could see it haappening.

Long line of guys at 205,

I rekon Belfort needs to call out Forrest/Shogun/Davis because a win over any of then would put him a right into a number 1 contenders fight.

His next fight better be at 205 if he wants Jones, hope he moves back because IMO him vs Shogun is better than any fight at 185 Rockhold included for entertainment value.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:13 pm

when is Feijão's suspension up?

I'd still like to see Mousasi in that fight.

He'll surely be signed up by the UFC when that's over.

Never mind,just looked it up,1 year ban from May 19th.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Belfort vs Rockhold is a really good shout.

I'd like to see Belfort Mousasi at either 205 or 185 after Gus beats Mousasi.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:51 pm