THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
6 posters

Nate, Belfort, Anderson and GSP

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nate, Belfort, Anderson and GSP Empty Nate, Belfort, Anderson and GSP

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:17 pm

UFC have really had no luck recently... Rampage vs Evans off, Lesnar vs Carwin off.. even Tito vs Coleman off, as well as Vitor vs Anderson being delayed as well as Shogun vs Machida 2. They really have had some bad luck with main events. Oh and Forgot about Nog vs Cain!!!

Apparently Vitor has said that he will fight at UFC 109 regardless of his opponent. Andersons camp have said that he should be good to go for UFC 109 but really who knows.

UFC need to pull out a good fight to make a big event, Moving Evans vs T.Silva and Tito vs forrest to main event status isnt bad but considering the lost the big fight on both cards im sure they wont do the same numbers.

This is my Idea, Scrap Nate vs Sonnen. Its a fight that makes fuck all sence to me. Sonnen hasnt earned a crack at Nate. My Idea is to have Nate vs Belfort at UFC 109 regardsless. Its a seriously entertaining fight both men put on a show every time they step in to the cage.

Andersons camp go on and on that Nate isnt worthy , Belfort isnt worthy etc.. Well I say Give GSP the Anderson fight. GSP has got his weight up and is walking around at 195lbs (10-15 lbs heavier than normal) and said once he reaches 200lbs he would be ready to make the move to the Mw devision.

So Nate vs Belfort at UFC 109 for the number 1 contender spot
    and GSP vs Anderons Superfight at say UFC 110 because both should be ready to go by then and theres no point in waiting around on GSP to fight Hardy he can do that After the Silva fight.

If Anderson looses no big deal, they have a new "P4p best in the world" If Anderson wins no big deal they can still potray him as the best in the business and GSP doesnt loose face by loosing to a bigger man... he will probabally regain his reputatuon when he squashes Hardy.

Thats my Idea anyway I think UFC couls use a superfight like GSP vs Anderson since a its biggest draws are out of action or out of the UFC!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Nate, Belfort, Anderson and GSP Empty Re: Nate, Belfort, Anderson and GSP

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:44 pm

I agree with everything, except i really caNt imagine GSP-Anderson happening any time soon, GSP has spoken about moving to 185 for a long time now and still hasnt materialised.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:47 pm

True but it was only a couple of days ago that he actually says he has got his weight up. I do think its only a matter of time before it happens and the bigger GSP is the closer it is! I Used to really think GSP would win this one, I just would worry what happens when Anderson lands on him.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:51 pm

I reckon GSP against Silva is a dream fight. You'd have the king of 170lbs who earlier in the year crushed the 155lb champ, fighting the 185lbs king who just crushed a former champion at 205lbs... it makes a mockery of the weight classes!

Georges must surely be getting itchy feet at 170 now, there's nobody left apart from possibly Rumble if he can string a few bigger wins together. He should go to MW permanently and Silva should go to LHW after they fight so they can both start a new tear-up.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:51 pm

But would GSP vs Silva be for the title? I don't think GSP wants the MW title as Nate wants it as well. Nate should fight Belfort, GSP should fight Silva and Hardy should face the winner of Rumble/Kos. I could see GSP beating Silva, if he avoids those shots he will be with a very good shout. I think after Silva throws a kick and gets taken down, his gameplan will go out the window.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:25 pm

I think someone is underestimating Silva, I personally feel Silva would be quite hard to take down due to his style of fighting. Against someone like GSP he'd be in and out so quick and i don't think he'd be using kick as everyone knows that would play into GSP hands, I think he'd go more down the line of elbows, knees and punches, quickly hitting and getting out of there. I to be honest if he connected could you see GSP taking it, I can't I think he'd go down just the same as everyone that gets hit by Anderson if not worse.

On the Belfort topic, this guy just wants to fight, he doesn't really seem to give a toss about the title he just wants the beat people up, and that's whys I like him so much the guy is just a brawler!!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:38 pm

GSP vs silva is a match that i would like to see, im sick of silva being called the p4p king but so far i dont think he has done anything to earn it. what happened to the roumer he was to fight at heavyweight did anyone else hear that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:35 am