THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Hendo vs Belfort 2

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Hendo vs Belfort 2 Empty Hendo vs Belfort 2

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:00 pm

Belfort said he would like to fight Sonnen but if not would like a rematch with Hendo. Hendos tream have said that they would take that fight.

Anyone see this happening? Hendo is still hovering around the top 5 at Lhw, this is a fight I would love to see myself. Hendo and Belfort are two of the men who posess incredible 1 shot stopping power and now a days Hendo loves to fight standing.

Heres hoping this goes ahead. Vitors style plays into Hendos hands in that he always moves forward and is happy to engage toe to toe. Id love to see this happen, Belfort winning would give him a title shot, Hendo winning could do the same at 185 if he was willing to move down. I dont think he leapfrogs Glover at 205 when he doesnt set himself ahead of the pack at all.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Hendo vs Belfort 2 Empty Re: Hendo vs Belfort 2

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Hearing talk of Sonnen not being licenced for this fight against Shogun yet!! If Sonnen isnt able to fight offer the fight to Belfort, who wouldnt want to see Shogun vs Belfort.

Wonder if Lil Nog is cleared to fight, Evans doesnt have an oponent yet and we were supposed to see this fight a while back but Belfort vs Shogun would be a dream fight for me.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:18 am

This will be the most artificial testosterone ever in the octagon at one time Laughing 

Hendo dominated him last time out but that was a long time ago and Dan's style has changed (read: regressed) significantly since then.
    He wrestled Vitor to a decision last time and that will be best chance this time too.
    If Dan wants to stand though, I actually see Vitor finishing him! he has been on a tear recently.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:57 pm

Haha yeah but I love these two TRT'd up legends! Laughing I know what you mean Hendo doesnt really use his wrestling at all these days, very much a stand and trade figher and there is no one more dangerous than Belfort to play that game with. Hendo has been hurt in recent fight, infact most outings these days Ive seen him get clipped and hurt once. Belfort would have to be the favorite this time out not just because of Hendos changed style but because of their age.

Lil Nog would put on a great show aganst him as well. Im really hoping UFC does give Vitor a top 205er next.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:52 pm

i think Dan only has limited cardio now,he's looked fucked after a round or so,just striking,that's why he now gets clipped more often,he's tired and more open after a few minutes.(though to give him credit,his heart will keep him zombieing through till the end).If he went back to wrestling as well,I think he'd struggle to make it to his stool without help at the end of the first.Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm