THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
efils_god
kavik2
Mryzyz
Anfields5thKing
8 posters

Another Un-deserved Title Shot Handed Out by Dana to one of his boys.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Another Un-deserved Title Shot Handed Out by Dana to one of his boys. Empty Another Un-deserved Title Shot Handed Out by Dana to one of his boys.

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:57 am

Eric Koch is OUT of UFC 153 and now Jose Aldo will be fighting Frankie Edgar. With a stunning record of No wins, No losses and No Draws in his career total of NO fights at 145, it's clear to see why Frankie got this shot. Because Dana is actually his dad.

Farcical.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Another Un-deserved Title Shot Handed Out by Dana to one of his boys. Empty Re: Another Un-deserved Title Shot Handed Out by Dana to one of his boys.

Post  Mryzyz Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:03 am

When I put on my tin-foil hat, I start to think Koch isn't even injured.

In the space of a week, the UFC has given title shots to a fighter who hasn't fought in the division in which he is challenging for the title in years, and another fighter who has never fought in the division he is challenging for the title in.

Compare that to the stack of legitimate contenders on the shelf at 155 and 170, it really is a farce.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Another Un-deserved Title Shot Handed Out by Dana to one of his boys. Empty Re: Another Un-deserved Title Shot Handed Out by Dana to one of his boys.

Post  kavik2 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:37 am

he shoudlnt be getting the shot - however I am looking forward to that fight much more than Bones vs Belfort.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:37 am

Who would you give it to though? Does Chan Sung Jung have a fight scheduled?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:44 am

Realistically It's the only option with Jung injured I suppose there is Lamas but this fight sells It self It is hate so sound like a cliche It's a super fight.

That being said I do agree with the sentiment of Anfield's argument with Frankie being one of his boys
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:48 pm

Koch is injured, Zombie is injured, seems like the smart thing to do. I don't have any problem with Edgar getting the title shot.

I assume Anfield that you also thought it was a farce when B.J. Penn (one of your favourite fighters) got a welterweight title shot against Matt Hughes at UFC 46, despite never fighting at welterweight, and also not winning his last two UFC title shots at lightweight.

I also assume you thought it was a farce when Chael Sonnen (another of your favourite fighters) was given the opportunity to face Jon Jones for the light heavyweight title, despite being 0-1 as a light heavyweight in the UFC.

I didn't have any problem with either of the three, but I assumed that in order to remain consistent, your opinion about Edgar (a fighter you hate) getting a shot will be the same as when it happened with Penn and Sonnen.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:22 pm

Is Ricardo Lamas also injured?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:38 pm

He had a rib injury heading into the Hioki fight which he was healing, not sure how he is now.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:54 pm

Hmm... starting to look like this really is the only fight that makes sense.

There's a lot riding on this for Edgar. If he gets beat convincingly it isn't clear where he would really go from there.

If he does lose, it would also mean he would have fought 7 consecutive title fights, whilst only winning 3 (one of those wins being a BS decision) which must make Edgar just about the luckiest fighter in UFC history.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:19 pm

In terms of who deserves the title shot, Edgar obviously doesn't deserve it ahead of other featherweights. But in my opinion, why the hell did Koch deserve the title shot? His biggest win is Jonathan Brookins. If I'm Dana White I obviously give the title shot to Edgar.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:14 am

Sheldan wrote:Koch is injured, Zombie is injured, seems like the smart thing to do. I don't have any problem with Edgar getting the title shot.

I assume Anfield that you also thought it was a farce when B.J. Penn (one of your favourite fighters) got a welterweight title shot against Matt Hughes at UFC 46, despite never fighting at welterweight, and also not winning his last two UFC title shots at lightweight.

I also assume you thought it was a farce when Chael Sonnen (another of your favourite fighters) was given the opportunity to face Jon Jones for the light heavyweight title, despite being 0-1 as a light heavyweight in the UFC.

I didn't have any problem with either of the three, but I assumed that in order to remain consistent, your opinion about Edgar (a fighter you hate) getting a shot will be the same as when it happened with Penn and Sonnen.

BJ's not one of my favourite fighters and there's no comparison with the WW division at that time and the FW division now. There were about 8 WW's signed to the UFC at the time.

Sonnen was offered the fight on 8 days notice. This event is 6 weeks away. Sonnen was offered the fight to save the card. Not the same situation at all.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Im actually ok with this, Edgar is coming off a close title loss, he was champ in the devision above so a title shot at a lower weight when the number 1 contender(s) is injured is perfectly reasonable to me.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Best possible fight in the weight class considering KZ is injured. Fight of the year contender

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:42 pm