THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
efils_god
1972-casual
Sheldan
Cowboys From Hell
p4pnumber_1
9 posters

UFC on Fuel 2 : Discussion thread

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC on Fuel 2 : Discussion thread Empty UFC on Fuel 2 : Discussion thread

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:48 pm

May as well start this thread now, so we can post any related news about this event.

First of all, Denis Siver came in a pound over weight for his 145 debut. He has an hour to lose it. Looks like 145 isnt as easy a cut as Siver was quoting earlier this week.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

UFC on Fuel 2 : Discussion thread Empty Re: UFC on Fuel 2 : Discussion thread

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Heard about the Siver weight cut and instantly changed my pick really solid card tomorrow night looking forward to It.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 pm

He made weight eventually, looking forward to this card, some really good fights on it.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:11 am

Is this on TV at all?
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:48 am

I can't wait, what a novelty to be able to watch a card live at a normal time!!

And on French TV too! The only problem is the commentators who are beyond clueless. Honestly it makes you pine for Goldbergs nuggets of wisdom....

What time are the FB prelims starting?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:11 pm

1972-casual wrote:Is this on TV at all?

ESPN Tape Delay 10:15pm or UFC.tv.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Facebook prelims probably around 7.30-8 pm i guess.

Some of the fights on this card are better than UFC 145 card which is PPV!! Cant wait
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:19 pm

I think It's live from 5:30pm on Facebook and 8pm on UFC.Tv.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Cheers lads. Foolishly I was looking at 3am.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:14 am

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Heard about the Siver weight cut and instantly changed my pick really solid card tomorrow night looking forward to It.

haha! Bet you're happy with that decision now.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:03 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:Heard about the Siver weight cut and instantly changed my pick really solid card tomorrow night looking forward to It.

haha! Bet you're happy with that decision now.

I instantly regret my decision. Laughing

On a side note I'm pissed ESPN cut the Pickett Page fight I was looking forward to that fight and especially in glorious HD. Mad
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:25 pm

What's everyones thoughts of Gustafsson?

I thought he was reasonably impressive but not really quite at the point of pushing for a title shot just yet. For as much as he was landing much more than Silva, I thought he perhaps ought to have been landing more really effective hard shots.

He makes use of his reach but not in the way Jones does. Jones keeps a steady stream of hard offense that really establishes a distance between him and his opponents, but Gustafsson relies more on timing his opposition coming forward and landing on the backfoot as he circles out. I'd like to see him sitting down on his straight shots a bit more to really keep his opponents on the outside and allow himself to stay in the middle of the cage.

He was a bit open at times as well, leaves his chin hanging out, got clipped a few more times by Silva than he should have. Fighters not keeping their hands up in MMA always irks me because apart for the exceptions of guys who keep low guards like Anderson, Machida, Fedor, anyone who keeps their hands up consistently is always much harder to hit.

At some point he's a really compelling match up against Jones because he's a much more fluid puncher, and he can perhaps make Jones come after him and exploint some of the holes in Jones' game. But it's only academic unless he can stop the takedown, and there are still a few other light heavyweights I can see him losing to. I think he'd lose at this point to Rashad, Davis, Machida. He's certainly capable of beating guys like Bader, Nogueira, Shogun, I think a fight like that is appropriate now.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:38 pm

I think Gustafsson is no where near a Title shot which the UFC was pushing (as well as comparing hi to Jones during the broadcast that was annoying as hell) last night I think he needs to fight another good wrestler to see where he is at as It was only 2 years ago Phil Davis rag dolled him around at 112.
    I would like to see him fight Bader next both are good runs and we should see how much improvement Gustafsson has made in the grappling department.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:44 pm

I agree with Cowboy I think he should face Bader next, although it wouldn't surprise me if he gets Machida.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:20 pm

how about Rampage?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:10 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:how about Rampage?

He's fighting Shogun on the last fight of his contract when he recovers from his knee injury.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 pm