THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
thebadgersbits
Bulldog67
p4pnumber_1
Sheldan
Anfields5thKing
9 posters

Diaz fails test for Marijuana

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Diaz fails test for Marijuana  Empty Diaz fails test for Marijuana

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:26 pm

http://www.mmaweekly.com/nick-diaz-tests-positive-following-ufc-143

So Nick got high, and then Carlos Condit ran away from him for 5 rounds. I suppose you take the bad with the good. Be interesting to see how Dana reacts and what sort of ban he gets. Joe Rogan should have some interesting things to say as well. Considering Rogan turns up for work high as fuck every day, can't see Dana being in a strong position to run his mouth much about Diaz.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Diaz fails test for Marijuana  Empty Re: Diaz fails test for Marijuana

Post  Sheldan Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Looks like the right man won then.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:33 pm

Not really. Would have been far more interesting if Diaz had won to see what the UFC would do.

If Diaz has a medical license to smoke marijuana, which he does, then it really should be on the list of banned substances. it in no possible way helps you train or fight better.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Well the UFC wouldn't have been able to do anything, the Nevada State Athletic Commision would have changed the result of the fight to a no contest, Diaz would have likely been given a 6 month ban as this is his second failed test in Nevada, and we would be without a interim welterweight champion.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:38 pm

So instead we have another WW champ who comes to win on points and nobody wants to watch and a retired Nick Diaz.

Can't say that worked out too well.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Condit has 26 finishes in 28 fights and now he is a fighter who comes to win on points? Not really sure how that one works out.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:46 am

Can't say i'm surprised. Im a big Diaz fan, but this is extremely stupid and unprofessional of him. Suppose i'm gonna have to rely on Nate to bring home the gold! I prefer Nate anyway.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:31 pm

its basically - wow, the sun came up
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Sheldan wrote:Condit has 26 finishes in 28 fights and now he is a fighter who comes to win on points? Not really sure how that one works out.

26 finishes in 33 fights and over half were against fighters who would be doing well to be described as cans.

He came to beat Diaz on points and spend 25 minutes leg kicking and running.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:07 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:Condit has 26 finishes in 28 fights and now he is a fighter who comes to win on points? Not really sure how that one works out.

26 finishes in 33 fights and over half were against fighters who would be doing well to be described as cans.

I agree that he came to beat Diaz on points, but can you blame him?

Also, to label Condit a point scorer is ridiculous. Personally, I think it's disrespectful to call any professional fighter a can, but what about these knockouts of Hardy, Kim, MacDonald. Are these all "cans"? Condit isn't a point scorer like GSP is.
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:35 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Also, to label Condit a point scorer is ridiculous. Personally, I think it's disrespectful to call any professional fighter a can, but what about these knockouts of Hardy, Kim, MacDonald. Are these all "cans"? Condit isn't a point scorer like GSP is.

why cant you blame him??
    I can fight was crap and cant say i am looking forward to the gsp fight , was expecting more from condit to be honest.
    Does make me chuckle tho that a pro fighter has been on the weed and not the peds !!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:02 pm

I reckon he gets 6 months, Thats enough time for him and Condit to do their rematch and GSP get the winner still.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:24 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:I reckon he gets 6 months, Thats enough time for him and Condit to do their rematch and GSP get the winner still.

I'm not so sure on this one like, I've got a feeling this could be a longer ban TBH. Especially seeing as he failed a previous test. I can see Diaz packing it in for the boxing, I hope I'm wrong though.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:I reckon he gets 6 months, Thats enough time for him and Condit to do their rematch and GSP get the winner still.

I'm not so sure on this one like, I've got a feeling this could be a longer ban TBH. Especially seeing as he failed a previous test. I can see Diaz packing it in for the boxing, I hope I'm wrong though.

NSAC tend to be tough on repeat offenders.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:41 am

This is why in Diaz's contract they made an option to throw him back to SF. There was always a chance this was going to happen and he'd fail the test again. No way he's getting anywhere near the title in forseeable future.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:50 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

It may be disrespectful, but it is true.

Hardy and Kim are middle of the road fighters who are never going to win anything important, aren't top 10 and aren't ever likely to be(in Hardy's case, never again but his place in the top 10 was laughable to begin with.)

Condit talked himself up as a warrior who came to fight, came to move forward and try to finish, and then spent 25 minutes running away.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:45 am