THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
Once Mohawked Pete
rudeboyben84
Sheldan
p4pnumber_1
payneNglory1
Ginginho
Cowboys From Hell
mikeyboybisping
12 posters

Sonnen v Bisping

Poll

How did you score the fight?

[ 3 ]
    Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [21%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 I_vote_lcap64%Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [64%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Empty Re: Sonnen v Bisping

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:54 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:It's not that Filho isn't a very good fighter, it's that he had his head up is ass and it's been stuck there ever since. Biggest waste of talent in MMA today by far IMO.

I know that styles make fights but Bispings take down defense isn't exactly world class. Yes it is one of his stronger aspects but he's been taken down numerous times before and by below average fighters. He was never known for his strength either. The fight also showed IMO that Sonnen has next to no chance against Jones. If he can't handle Bisping's strength what do you think Jones would do to him?

The Maurqaurdt performance was very good but I still think Okami was a better win because no one had ever dominated him like that and Okami is a better fighter than Nate IMO. He was also quite close to being subbed against Nate.

Sonnen annihilated Filho. It was an incredible performance, and given what he did to Filho in the first fight before he left his arm hanging, it had nothing to do with Filho's state of mind. Sonnen just put a beating on him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:55 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:where is the 29-29 option? fairest imo

How is it fair to Sonnen to award him a draw for a fight he clear won?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:42 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:where is the 29-29 option? fairest imo

How is it fair to Sonnen to award him a draw for a fight he clear won?

i dont share the opinion, that he won

mryzsz:

the last round wasnt 10-8 because it wasnt 100% one sided, yes its a clear round but Bisping got some kind of offense too, at the end.

Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:16 am

But the second round was barely edged by Bisping, if at all.

If the first round was 10-10, and the third round 10-9 Sonnen, using those two as benchmarks then the second round was a 10-10 also.

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:30 pm

I don't know what is with all of the controversy here. I believe the judges were correct, apart from the 30-27 score. Yes it was a very close fight, but I can't see how anyone would dispute the decision.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Unlucky doesnt come into question. Most people put this down as Bispings best performance - a loss.

Well Sonnen's best performance of his career was also a loss.

He soundly beat Filho in the best performance of his career.

If this was his best performance of his career then it really does say a lot about his achievements. Good fighter yes, great fighter no. I predict he loses by submission AGAIN Anderson.

Do you have ANY idea how good Filho was? He was the best 185er in the world. Anderson wanted nothing to do with him.

Wait you are claiming Filho was better than Anderson Silva? lol
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:24 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:I don't know what is with all of the controversy here. I believe the judges were correct, apart from the 30-27 score. Yes it was a very close fight, but I can't see how anyone would dispute the decision.

Agree mate, I had it 29-28 Sonnen, although personally if it had gone 29-28 to Bisping I would have been fine with that, very close fight. What annoys me is that people let their pathetic hatred of Bisping get in the way of clear facts. It was a close fight, if you disagree with that then you are an idiot. All this talk of "Sonnen had an off day" is just poor excuses because people on here can't bring themselves to compliment Bisping for something, which I think is hilarious. Like I said in an earlier post, you would think that Bisping has shagged everyone's wives the way people go on about him on here.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:It's not that Filho isn't a very good fighter, it's that he had his head up is ass and it's been stuck there ever since. Biggest waste of talent in MMA today by far IMO.

I know that styles make fights but Bispings take down defense isn't exactly world class. Yes it is one of his stronger aspects but he's been taken down numerous times before and by below average fighters. He was never known for his strength either. The fight also showed IMO that Sonnen has next to no chance against Jones. If he can't handle Bisping's strength what do you think Jones would do to him?

The Maurqaurdt performance was very good but I still think Okami was a better win because no one had ever dominated him like that and Okami is a better fighter than Nate IMO. He was also quite close to being subbed against Nate.

Sonnen annihilated Filho. It was an incredible performance, and given what he did to Filho in the first fight before he left his arm hanging, it had nothing to do with Filho's state of mind. Sonnen just put a beating on him.

Don't know what fight you are talking about because Sonnen didn't annihilate anyone. He took Filho down, who btw was talking to himself, for three rounds, hit him a little and that was it. 30-27 across the boards is not an annihilation. Filho's face was fine after as well. I have to re watch the first fight but I don't remember Sonnen doing much. Either way, Filho was in clearly no mental condition to fight going into the second fight.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:43 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:I don't know what is with all of the controversy here. I believe the judges were correct, apart from the 30-27 score. Yes it was a very close fight, but I can't see how anyone would dispute the decision.

Because the 1st round could really have gone either way. Bisping won the second, Sonnen won the 3rd and 1st was very close. I certainly would not have blamed the judges if Bitchping had got the decision.

Mryzyz the first round was closer than the second round. In other words Bisping won the second round more clearly than Sonnen won the first so if the first was 10-10 that doesn't necessarily mean the second was 10-10 as well. It could actually very well have been a draw.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:53 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Cheers Payne.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:10 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Unlucky doesnt come into question. Most people put this down as Bispings best performance - a loss.

If this was his best performance of his career then it really does say a lot about his achievements. Good fighter yes, great fighter no. I predict he loses by submission AGAIN Anderson.

Do you have ANY idea how good Filho was? He was the best 185er in the world. Anderson wanted nothing to do with him.

Filho at his best would have beaten Anderson.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:11 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Don't know what fight you are talking about because Sonnen didn't annihilate anyone. He took Filho down, who btw was talking to himself, for three rounds, hit him a little and that was it. 30-27 across the boards is not an annihilation. Filho's face was fine after as well. I have to re watch the first fight but I don't remember Sonnen doing much. Either way, Filho was in clearly no mental condition to fight going into the second fight.

Sonnen dominated both fights, with ease. Got caught in the first fight, was perfect in the second fight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:13 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

Because the 1st round could really have gone either way. Bisping won the second, Sonnen won the 3rd and 1st was very close. I certainly would not have blamed the judges if Bitchping had got the decision.

Mryzyz the first round was closer than the second round. In other words Bisping won the second round more clearly than Sonnen won the first so if the first was 10-10 that doesn't necessarily mean the second was 10-10 as well. It could actually very well have been a draw.

The first round wasn't close. Bisping did nothing other than hold Sonnen against the cage. Sonnen outstruck him comfortably and took him down.

Second could have gone either way. Sonnen outstruck him again, and took him down. Bisping did some more holding against the cage but managed to land a couple of decent shots. Could have gone either way but was the only close round.

Sonnen dominated the third.

Was never going to be anything other than a Sonnen win.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:26 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:

Filho at his best would have beaten Anderson.

I've heard it all now. LOL. Filho was good, but no where near Silva's level. Silva at his best vs Filho at his best = Silva win every single time.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:09 am

You clearly have no idea how good Filho was. Doesn't surprise me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 am