THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Shanemc
payneNglory1
6 posters

I'm glad Barry got KO of the night

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

I'm glad Barry got KO of the night Empty I'm glad Barry got KO of the night

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:35 pm

I'm glad Barry got KO of the night Ept_sports_mma_experts-884842735-1257190608

Pat Barry. The heavyweight out of New Orleans, scored Knockout of the Night and Fight of the Night for his victory over Antoni Hardonk. That was good enough for $120,000. Good thing, Barry needed the infusion of cash in the worst way. He confirmed to MMAScrapsRadio that he was completely down on his luck before the fight, agreeing that he had little to eat in Los Angeles the week of the fight.
    "I still had my apartment but if something would've happened and the fight had been canceled, I would've been evicted six days later."

Barry, 30, said he didn't even tell his trainer Duke Roufus for fear that he would think the fighter had the wrong motivation going into the fight. Barry said he didn't ask anyone for money including his mother:
    "I could ask someone but then at the same time, how hard are you going to work for something if everytime you get in trouble somebody catches you? I did something to put myself in this position I have to work my way out of it."

Barry got his $120,000 bonus check last Tuesday. He couldn't believe it. When he went to deposit the check, his truck wouldn't start. Barry got a jump and hit the bank sporting a black eye and pink striped shorts.
    "I go to the bank, I'm sweaty, I've got the black eye, I haven't shaven in two days, I'm strung out because I haven't slept, I have green circles under my eyes so I'm like 'Can I have a deposit slip mam?'. She gives it to me, I fill it out hand it to her. She looks at the deposit slip, then the check, then looks at me and says 'Excuse me I'll be right back.' Then a manager comes out, a guy in a suit and says 'What seems to be the problem?' I was like 'Well I have a black eye, that's the only problem I know this looks really ridiculous.' So he asks me for my ID, I hand him my license an he's like 'Your license says Pat Barry, but this check was written to Patrick Barry.' So I decided to be funny and tell him Pat Barry is in my trunk right now. He didnt laugh. So I told him take your time man do whatever you need to do because I have no where to go and my truck probably wont start when I go outside so you can just do whatever you need to do. An hour later he came back and everything was fine, the check was in my bank account."
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

I'm glad Barry got KO of the night Empty Re: I'm glad Barry got KO of the night

Post  Shanemc Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:14 pm

i really like pat hes seems like a genuionely nice guy and an exciting fighter hope he keeps winning
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:58 pm

Wow! That's crazy. Glad he won and got the bonus. I'd like to see him fight again on the new years card.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Hardonk is a cool guy, after hearing about him beat up muggers I liked him, But Pat Barry is one likeable fighter, I think he trained under Ernesto Hoost. When Hardonk didnt touch gloves I wanted Barry to KO him and he really did! Good story happy to see him get paid!!

It looks like Ben Rothwell and Crocop are fighting at UFC 110 so thats 2 of his next potential opponents out the window. I think he wants a fight with Stefan Struve. I wouldnt mind seeing that but Id rather see him vs Herring. I still rate Heath he was a good fighter back in the day, a title contender and very nearly finished Nog in the UFC. He needs to get over the beating Lesnar gave him. I think that shattered his confidence but If he sorts himself by the time Barry is ready to go again Id love to see it happen.

Any other potential next opponents? Could he fight Kimbo if he beats Houston? Kimbo might not make the cut below to 205, I hear his fights at 215 becuase he has never cut before and they dont think he will handle it. I think Kimbo might be happy to fight a Smaller Heavy like Barry who wouldnt take him down. Barry getting another KO of the night if that ever happens Id say! Laughing
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:18 pm

I like Pat Barry, according to Cage Potato he "served" Dana White on Wednesday...

Pat Barry has this running gag where he "serves" people by stripping down to a pair of Hawaiian-print shorty-shorts and getting into a kung-fu fighting stance. Seriously, this is a real thing that happens:
    I'm glad Barry got KO of the night BARRY-served8

What a mad guy. Laughing
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm glad Barry got KO of the night BARRY-served7

DANA GOT SERVED!!!!

And well done to Barry Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:49 pm