THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
6 posters

Crocop could have fought Couture, Rampage or Barry!!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Crocop could have fought Couture, Rampage or Barry!! Empty Crocop could have fought Couture, Rampage or Barry!!

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Couture and Rampage clearly considered themselves above a fight with Crocop, and thats sort of understandable. I love figthers that will fight anyone anywhere.... Pat Barry is just that type of guy...

“He asked me if I wanted to step up and take the fight. I said absolutely. I told them I would fly in the day of the fight and fight him in my jeans. I'd take it no matter what, but we were told I couldn't get a work visa [in time].”

“Of course I'd love to have that fight. If I had more notice that would've been awesome," said Barry. "I [expletive] wanted that fight so bad, bro. I told them ‘y'all don't even have to pay me. Really! All you have to do is send me a plane ticket.’ Either way I win. I haven't trained in three months. I'll fight the dude in my jeans. I would've fought him while I'm fat."

Pat Barry is a fucking legend!!! Id have fought him in my Jeans comments are quality! Barry vs Crocop would have been a really amazing fight to see, Its a shame it didnt work out... Lets just hope Barry Mauls Yvel and we get to see him fight Crocop in the future. Really admire the guy and love his style. Barry although a bit limited is without a doubt one of my favorite fighters now.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Crocop could have fought Couture, Rampage or Barry!! Empty Re: Crocop could have fought Couture, Rampage or Barry!!

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:00 pm

wouldn't read too much into this.
    Barry knew there is no way he would be fighting with this:

Crocop could have fought Couture, Rampage or Barry!! Ept_sports_mma_experts-889687682-1266640725

Rampage was present at the weigh ins. Not sure about Randy but its unrealistic to ask any of the high profil fighters to step into a fight with Mirk on a days notice, unless you triple their pay or something.
    james_hampton
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Crocop could have fought Couture, Rampage or Barry!! Empty Re: Crocop could have fought Couture, Rampage or Barry!!

Post  james_hampton Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Couture earned loads for the last fight and I can't see what he'd have to gain by fighting Crocop, if he wins it was expected and if he loses he desnt have a chance of getting another title shot. Also if Barry can't get a work visa how could any of the other names at such short notice?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:42 pm

There is no way a top fighter would take up a fight on 2 days notice, if this was in the states maybe they would have gotten a lower ranked fighter with no real reputation to defend to take this fight.

Someone like Barry,Russow or Gormley. I dont think Joe Silva really thought they he could get Rampage to fight him on short notice like that.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Rampage vs Cro Cop would have been stupid tbh, it would be a great fight but there is no need to risk Rampage vs Evans (I really fucking want to watch that fight!) and Couture fought recently. Barry would have been a great fight and more than a good test for Cro Cop, I wish Rothwell pussied out earlier. Credit to Barry, he has got a great personality and a real working-class hero. He still needs a ground game though.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Couture and Ramapge are both attending UFC 110 so thats probabally why they were offered the fight. If Couture took about 1 punch in the Coleman fight and it wasnt that long ago he finished the training camp. If he wants to stay active I think he should have taken this fight... Can obviously see why he didnt but its disapointing...

Royce Gracie is there too! He should have asked to fight him openweight! Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Ye it would have been intresting but I think comming out of a tough training camp and not being in the right mindset to fight persuaded him not too. Randy's chilling right now Cool

Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:39 pm

ah i love pat barry he would fight anybody but if he hasnt been training for 3 months cro cop would have mauled him

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:09 pm