THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
ChelseaQuinsfan
KingFedor
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
i-am-the-law
pinsman
MMA
11 posters

Fedor - Best In MMA ?

Poll

Is Fedor the best MMA fighter past and present?

[ 8 ]
    Fedor - Best In MMA ? I_vote_lcap73%Fedor - Best In MMA ? I_vote_rcap [73%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Fedor - Best In MMA ? I_vote_lcap27%Fedor - Best In MMA ? I_vote_rcap [27%] 

Total Votes: 11
    MMA
    MMA
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Fedor - Best In MMA ? Empty Fedor - Best In MMA ?

Post  MMA Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:25 pm

Just thinking about a comment I just read.

The comment basically states that Fedor is the best fighter in MMA.

I'm not disputing that, I do know that Fedor has some wicked mad skills.

I was just wondering though would Fedor still be as great if for eg he was a WW? Or If he wasnt in HW?

Would he beat people like Jake Sheilds, Anderson Silva Or GSP? If the answer is no he wouldnt beat them all then he really isnt the best in MMA.

Discuss :-)
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fedor - Best In MMA ? Empty Re: Fedor - Best In MMA ?

Post  pinsman Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:28 pm

Hes the best cause he fights at the most important weight class and hardest... and yeh he'd beat AS, GSP ect
    i-am-the-law
    i-am-the-law
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  i-am-the-law Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Fedor has no weakness, he can sub anybody and he has a punch like a donkey kick. he is undefeated for a reason, he is top of the food chain. simple as.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:24 pm

Would Fedor beat Jake Shields??

Did i log onto Sherdog by mistake???
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Anyone who clicked No has had their account suspened for not knowing shit about MMA! Laughing
    KingFedor
    KingFedor
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  KingFedor Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:32 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Would Fedor beat Jake Shields??

Did i log onto Sherdog by mistake???

lol!
    KingFedor
    KingFedor
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  KingFedor Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:33 pm

There is nothing to discuss.

I have this name for a reason. Very Happy
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:20 pm

Best of all time? Yes

Best right now? No

But come on, Im not exactly a Fedor fan but he would destroy the shit out of the very one dimensional Shields. Come on Fedor bested Nog on the ground, the area which presumably would be Shields only chance and Fedor is better there.

Shields should not be mentioned in the same breath as GSP, Fedor or Silva. I think Fitch, Alves, Kos and Diaz would easily beat Shields, watch Mayhem kick his ass soon.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:32 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Best of all time? Yes

Best right now? No

But come on, Im not exactly a Fedor fan but he would destroy the shit out of the very one dimensional Shields. Come on Fedor bested Nog on the ground, the area which presumably would be Shields only chance and Fedor is better there.

Shields should not be mentioned in the same breath as GSP, Fedor or Silva. I think Fitch, Alves, Kos and Diaz would easily beat Shields, watch Mayhem kick his ass soon.

explain! you think GSP could beat Fedor? or the other top p4pers Anderson Silva or Shogun?
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Fedor fears Kalib Starnes.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:51 pm

without doubt hes the best there is the best there was the best that ever will be Smile
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:18 pm

explain! you think GSP could beat Fedor? or the other top p4pers Anderson Silva or Shogun?

What do you mean? GSP is a WW, Fedor is a HW, Silva is a LHW/MW and Shogun is a LHW, why would he fight them? Do I think P4P is he a better fighter? I think he is better than Shogun by far, easily. Shogun is not a P4P top fighter. Not even top 5. I think he is above Silva as well, I can see him above Fedor as well but since it is Fedor I don't mind which one is top. Either GSP or Fedor, Silva or Machida 3rd, BJ after that.

1.GSP
    #.Fedor
    3.Silva
    #.Machida
    5.BJ Penn
    6.MTB
    7.Hendo
    8.Shogun

Listen I love Shogun, he is one of my fav fighters and I think he can beat Machida in the rematch. I wouldn't put him as favourite but for me its 55-45. But there first fight is done, finished and Shogun lost. That was a very hard fight to judge but watch it 5 times and you can easily see a Machida win. First glance I though Shogun won 48-47 but turn off Rogan and its a big help towards Machida. Shogun should not be in a P4P debate, he is nowhere near the level of the other fighters.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:00 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:explain! you think GSP could beat Fedor? or the other top p4pers Anderson Silva or Shogun?

What do you mean? GSP is a WW, Fedor is a HW, Silva is a LHW/MW and Shogun is a LHW, why would he fight them? Do I think P4P is he a better fighter? I think he is better than Shogun by far, easily. Shogun is not a P4P top fighter. Not even top 5. I think he is above Silva as well, I can see him above Fedor as well but since it is Fedor I don't mind which one is top. Either GSP or Fedor, Silva or Machida 3rd, BJ after that.

1.GSP
    #.Fedor
    3.Silva
    #.Machida
    5.BJ Penn
    6.MTB
    7.Hendo
    8.Shogun

Listen I love Shogun, he is one of my fav fighters and I think he can beat Machida in the rematch. I wouldn't put him as favourite but for me its 55-45. But there first fight is done, finished and Shogun lost. That was a very hard fight to judge but watch it 5 times and you can easily see a Machida win. First glance I though Shogun won 48-47 but turn off Rogan and its a big help towards Machida. Shogun should not be in a P4P debate, he is nowhere near the level of the other fighters.

true that, he is clearly a level above Machida Wink

anyway my understanding of this post was not a p4p question but a "who is the better fighter" question, i.e. i think Fedor would be favourite against any other fighter on the planet.
    Yes its obvious as gsp is a welterweight, but i think thats what the original poster was getting at.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Ok my bad I misunderstood the post. What like a MMA fight or a street fight? afro
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:56 pm

Moose Stuff For Money... wrote:Fedor fears Kalib Starnes.

agreed, he's clearly not a fan of long runs!
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:41 am

The thing that I think makes Fedor the best ever is that he doesn't cut weight.

If that means he has to compete as a heavyweight, then so be it. He relies on his skill and intelligence to win fights rather than being just bigger and stronger than his opponent.

The only thing I reckon you can hold against him at the moment is that he hasn't fought much lately, only twice in past couple of years maybe. Hope the lack of ring action doesn't affect him this weekend!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Doubt the lay off will have effected him, ROgers isnt anything special I reckon. HE only offeres Huge Size and power...

Choi Offered that too.. and Choi may be crap now after the weight loss and surgery but he was a monster back when Fedor fought him, he beat plenty of K-1 guys around that time and Id say back then he was more of a threat of the feet than Rogers. As well as better on the feet he obviously was a lot bigger, Nearer to 400lbs than 300lbs back then.

Again what does Rogers offer than Semmy Schilt didnt? Schilt wasnt ranked top 10 in MMA but Rogers is top 10 after beating Arlovski... I think Schilt could have beat Arlovski as easily, It was a fight on the feet and Schilt has beat a lot better strikers than Arlovski... Again a better striker who is bigger than Rogers.

Sylvia also offered the same level of threat a big 265er who KO'd Arlovski, and Sylvia is similarly ranked to what Rogers is now....

Fedor has beat plenty of big hard hitting strikers in his time, Rogers doesnt bring anything new to the table I thinlk. Id love to see him give Rogers a beating like he did goodridge
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Rogers is getting way too cocky for achieving next to nothing. Hope Fedor brings him down a few pegs after he kicks his ass. Fedor is better everywhere, including stand-up but I think its in his best intrest to just take the fight to the ground where he has a Massive advantage because well, Rogers has shown little ground skills. This fight will be to easy, Rogers is only there because he is a decent draw.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm