THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
superman_punch
Anfields5thKing
Cowboys From Hell
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
9 posters

Joe Rogan or Fedor

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Joe Rogan or Fedor Empty Joe Rogan or Fedor

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:13 pm

"I think at the highest levels of the game, you can't be rolling around fat at 230 and fighting those guys. We saw that in the Bigfoot Silva fight. Bigfoot Silva, he walks around at 290 pounds. (Fedor) is an amazing athlete and he has put on some incredible fights over the years but, I think, once you get to the highest levels of the game, you can't come in fat and you can't be fighting way above your weight class."

"There are guys at 185 that are bigger than him. Anthony Johnson is way bigger than Fedor, that's reality. He has a bigger in his frame; he walks around heavier than him. Anthony Johnson weighs 230 and he's not fat at 230, he's a big swole up at 230."

"I think Fedor is an amazing talent, an incredible athlete. I really admire his mind and his mindset when he goes to compete. It's really fun to watch, that he's so nonchalant with his big belly and he goes in there fucks people up. But the reality is that's not going to work in the upper echelon in the sport, any more at least."
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Joe Rogan or Fedor Empty Re: Joe Rogan or Fedor

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:15 pm

shit comedian who never fought in MMA...why do people even care about him?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:26 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:shit comedian who never fought in MMA...why do people even care about him?

Well the man does have a point, if there are Welters bigger than Fedor he needs to get with the times.

What other ranked fighers are fat? Barnett and Rogers are the only 2 fighers carrying a few rolls... and Rogers is 265, Barnett 255 neither man is making 205.

So Fedor is really the only fat fighter in MMA that could go on a diet and fight people his own size....

A few of the old Pride boys didnt realise what weight class they should have been in, Wandy caught on and cut to Mw, Shogun and Crocop could and probabally should have dropped a weight class too but Fedor mostly, more so than Crocop...

Fair enough he was winning so had no reason to cut but when fringe top 10 guy dominate him its time to make a change.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Rogan's opinions especially the last few years have been very Zuffa friendly.

I don't mind Rogan at all and he makes some decent points here although I kind of feel he is attempting to big up the current crop of HW's.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:50 pm

IMO Rogan is right about Fedor. He needs to cut weight and fight at 205 or even 185. He would destroy all at those weight classes.

I also think Rogan is a pretty good comedian for what it's worth.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Bang on here is Joe in my opinion. Fedor at 205 is or was cos I don't think he will ever do it would have been dominant. At 185 would be pushing it.

As for his comedic talents I went to see him perform before UFC 75 I think it was, in London. He was on the night before Rampage v Hendo and he was absolutely pumped. Loads of fight fans there too so most of his routine was fighter based and it was brilliant. He hammered Bruce Buffer for been the most orange person in London and the fact he'd never noticed it before in the states but been over here with pasty Brits made him notice how leathery Bruce was.

He also ripped Dana who wasn't there but it was all good fun.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:20 pm

How is this opinion Zuffa-friendly? It's the truth. Everyone and their mother knows that Fedor could and probably should cut to 205, and this has been the case for a very long time!

Give me Fedor- Hendo, Fedor- Mousasi and Fedor- Machida or any other fight that would be determined on SKILL rather than Fedor- Today's HW Division, cos they'd as we've seen be determined solely on SIZE.

Rogan is bang on and is a great comedian actually.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:35 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:How is this opinion Zuffa-friendly?

I'm not particularly on about this comment but Rogan's tone in general Rogan used to be pretty open about all things MMA but lately he has been not so much.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:44 pm

I dont see him as more Pro UFC than he used to be, Its just harder to talk about the fighers outside UFC because MMA is dead in Japan for example so UFC have a bigger strangle hold on the sport.

http://www.cagepotato.com/joe-rogan-fedor-cant-be-rolling-around-fat-at-230-pounds-and-beat-todays-top-heavyweights/

He is bang on MMA has evolved and being in the shape of a top athlete is important.

You just need to look at GSP, One of the biggest guys in his weight class and one of the most physical, Strongers, most explosive, fastest.. these are all factors that win you a fight and is at the most possibly successfull camp...

You look at Fedor, one of the least Physical guys in his weight class and at a camp years behind Jacksonsm thats the reason he is loosing, his techniques arent coming on and people are Physically surpassing him. You only have to look at him and Reem both fight Rogers to see why he needs to cut weight.

You get with the times or get left behind. Fedor hasnt realised being a Physical athlete is now a big part of the sport, in a way I think the same can be said for Shogun who should make 185... Shogun is comparible in size to Marquardt or Sonnen and if he was ripped he could make 185.

Fedors career is probabally over after his SF contract in a fight or 2 because I doubt Zuffa are going to renew it. It will be sad to see his career go out with a whimper thanks to the idiots at M-1
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:04 pm

I don't see any good reason for Fedor not fighting at 205 asap.

He may not like the idea of going through a weight cut, but there's no way it can be worse than having a 285lb man beast sat on him dropping bombs.

C'mon Fedor. A little discomfort in the gym saves a lot of discomfort in the ring.

Hopefully sampling camps not situated in some russian hut for the first time in ever may convince him.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 pm

i agree with rogan, fedor has done some amazing things but he would be better suited to 205.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Rogan is spot on, although i'm not sure Fedor will cut to 205 as he may just not have a chance too. I think he'll fight at heavyweight in July or whenever he is set to come back, then depending on how many fights he has left on his contract (anybody know?) if it isn't that many, and it comes to the time where UFC can negotiate for Fedor, I see M1 Global demanding co-promoting once again, and Fedor will be let go in to the now abyss of the non-Zuffa MMA world.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Sheldan wrote:I see M1 Global demanding co-promoting once again, and Fedor will be let go in to the now abyss of the non-Zuffa MMA world.

You are a fortune teller, that is the most likely scenario unfortunately. Retirement is nigh
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:16 pm

I don't see why M-1 don't just send Fedor to the UFC take a % of his pay. It'll certainly be more than whatever meagre profits they can make putting on their own show or co promoting with bamma.
    Fedor would get more even with M-1 taking 20% or so.
    Fedor would probably get a small PPV% and all.
    Is really that important to have their logo plastered about?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:36 am