THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Joe Rogan biased

paul815
    paul815
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Joe Rogan biased Empty Joe Rogan biased

Post  paul815 Sat May 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Just watched the brad pickett/ demetrious johnson fight from wec 48, and couldnt believe how biased joe rogan was. pickett was throwing him round like a ragdoll, and all rogan could drool about was how quick johnson was, and how well he escaped the ground n pound. anyone else noticed this?
    Additional Generic
    Additional Generic
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Joe Rogan biased Empty Re: Joe Rogan biased

Post  Additional Generic Sat May 01, 2010 10:34 pm

Joe Rogan is always biased in his commentary. Another example is the Machida v Shogun fight last year. To listen to him you'd think Machida didn't land any strikes at all. I was wondering at the time if I was watching a different fight. I think that has a lot to do with people thinking Shogun won the fight.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat May 01, 2010 10:44 pm

He's a fan and deffinately shows bias towards certain fighters but overall I'd say he is one of the fairest commentators.

He has nothing on Frank Shamrock when it comes to being biased when calling fights nor the K1 commentary team who were practicly up dancing when Overeem lost.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun May 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Shamrock is a pure dick when it comes to commentry, especially when Shields or Le fight.

The K1 team was The Voice and two other guys. Normally the Voice is a fanatastic commentater and pretty down the middle, he wasn't bias towards K1 or anything but Overeem was a dick before the fight and basically shat on K1 in general. The finish was very satisfying for him and most K1 fans.

Quite possibly the most satisfying finishes I've ever seen in ANY sport. On par with Anfield's satisfaction when Hendo KOed Bisping. Only problem was that it was early, even though Hari was about to floor him. I wanted to see that Evil or Very Mad Damn K1 ref.

The reaction from the commentaters is comical though Laughing

Joe has a bad habbit of getting carried away, even look at the Stann vs Davis fight. If you listened to him the first minute you would have though Stann was dismantling Davis and look how that turned out. Overall though I really enjoy him as a commentater and he is a hilarious fucker.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun May 02, 2010 8:36 pm

i forgot how huge Badr is! he outsizes Ubereem clearly!

that stoppage was way early, i think its a small testament to Overeems improved chin (and perhaps the detriment that cutting weight can have on your chin?) actually that he ate a Hari headkick without going down and he was fine a few seconds later, whereas 3.5 years earlier Mauricio Shogun KTFO him from inside his guard.

I am a big fan of anyone who faces Badr Hari, he is an asshole.
    the first fight with Overeem was much more impressive knockout.

GP final 09 was a phenominal event, probably the best k1 event i ever have seen.

best part was Schilt monstering Hari and you could tell the commentators were pissed Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun May 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Thats Ubereem on Roids as well, Hari is huge.

Hari is a huge dick but I like him as a fighter, always exciting to watch. If he sorted his personality out, I think he would be much more successful though.

The stoppage was certainly early but Hari was about to put him to sleep, K1 refs do have a habbit of stopping the fight before someone gets hurt.

The commentaters would have been ALOT more pissed off if it was Overoid who beat Hari.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:51 pm