THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
redmeanie77
the_king
rudeboyben84
7 posters

Fedor couldnt be more than 215 here...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Fedor couldnt be more than 215 here... Empty Fedor couldnt be more than 215 here...

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Fedor couldnt be more than 215 here... 356452740

From Hendo's Twitter, Fedor looking about 215 at a guess. It would be cool if he was aiming for 206 to Match Hendos weight!

Im seriously hopefull than Fedor will think about cutting to 205. Maby he doesnt want to fight Hendo at Lhw and leave with the belt? Just an Idea. If Fedor subs Hendo like I think he will I reckon Bones vs Fedor would be the most epic fight imaginabe.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fedor couldnt be more than 215 here... Empty Re: Fedor couldnt be more than 215 here...

Post  the_king Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:23 am

i love your enthusiasm ben i wish i had the same, as much as i like fedor i just think his time has been and gone.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Fedor couldnt be more than 215 here... Empty Re: Fedor couldnt be more than 215 here...

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:53 am

I dont know if it has passed him by, He is still a very skilled fighter, sure he got tapped but Hendo has got tapped by lesser opposition than Werdum. And 265bs Bigfoot smothered him but 185lbs Shields smothered Hendo.

I dont see them on different levels at this stage of their careers and Fedor has age, Speed and a better Sub game on his side.

If Fedor wins his last fight on his contract it would be mad to think SF would resign him rather than UFC. And I dont think they let him walk away from the sport on a win like Hendo.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:58 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:I dont know if it has passed him by, He is still a very skilled fighter, sure he got tapped but Hendo has got tapped by lesser opposition than Werdum. And 265bs Bigfoot smothered him but 185lbs Shields smothered Hendo.

I dont see them on different levels at this stage of their careers and Fedor has age, Speed and a better Sub game on his side.

If Fedor wins his last fight on his contract it would be mad to think SF would resign him rather than UFC. And I dont think they let him walk away from the sport on a win like Hendo.

id love to see fedor vs lesnar dunno why i just would.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:04 am

I said on the other thread I reckon he goes to UFC if he wins and Id thought a number 1 contenders fight sounded fair if he beat Hendo.

Lesnar vs Fedor would work as a number 1 contenders fight for sure! I said Mir in the other thread but I reckon everyone would still Love to see Fedor vs Lesnar. Heres hoping.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah i reckon Fedor here looks no heavier than 225lbs here looks slightly better shape aswell a few pounds less than he usually is, Hendo says he's coming in at 206lbs.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Fedor is usually 230 so I reckon he has lost more than 5lbs, it looks a really noticable difference. I reckon Hendo is in Sandals or something because Fedor isnt that much taller than him...

Say Fedor is 220 for arguement sake, its madness then for him to be fighting at Hw after this fight.

Alves used to cut from about that and Rumble cuts from something similar... Bacially there are Welters who would make him look small standing becide him.

I hope he moves to UFC and starts a new run at Lhw. At 205 cutting 10-15lbs is normal for everyone in the devision and the bigger Lhw's are cutting near 30lbs id say.

I reckon without the threat of being smothered by people who vastly out weight him Fedor would demolish most if not all Lhw's. I can see how Bones would beat him but I wouldnt be confident he would. what about the rest? would the number 1 contender Rampage beat him? I cant see that happening. Shogun, Machida, Evans? Id put Fedor as the favorite against them all...

I dont see Fedor being a 215lbs Heavyweight, Im calling him to move to 205 if he weighs under 220lbs for the Hendo fight.

-------------------

Also was funny in that interview where Hendo says that he will probabally weight 204-205lbs come fight time and might have to drink water on the scales to make 206! Laughing What an absolute Legend. Big brass balls on the guy. I cant wait to this fight.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm with Ben on this. Fedor has to be the lightest he's been for years and this can't be a coincidence because normal 230-240 Fedor could still easily make weight for this fight.

The only thing that makes me doubt him moving to 205 in the UFC is the Dana/Russian Dickheads situation.

If for arguements sake he stayed with Strikeforce can anyone see him fighting Mousasi??? I know its highly unlikely him staying with Strikeforce and dropping to 205 (if he wins) but who else is there to fight after all he could already have potentially beaten the lhw champ??!!??

I think Fedors two defeats together with a possible win over Hendo could make some very interesting match ups IF Fedor stays with Zuffa.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:09 pm

Lets look at the possible scenarios and how a sub- 215lb Fedor fits into them:

A: Fedor plans to use this as a springboard to get a fight against Werdum or Overeem in the Heavyweight division.

-this does not fit, he would stay at 225ish if this was the plan.

B: This is Fedors swansong, he plans to retire after this fight.

-this does not fit, as Fedor would walk at 225ish and weigh in at the 220 catchweight, in order to maximise his chance of winning and go out on a high. If Fedor is making an effort to alter his physique when he does not have to for the fight at hand, it must be preparation for future plans

C: Fedor plans to compete in the SF 205lbs division

-But he would have just beat the champ. No one wants to see him fight the guy he just beat again to win the belt. It makes no sense unless Fedor wants to fight Hendo twice in a row.

D: Fedor plans to compete in the UFC 205lbs division

-This actually fits. The fight was originally a 220lbs catchweight, something must have changed since...
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:22 pm

...maybe there have been negotiations between M-1 and the UFC, if e.g. Fedor weighs in at 210 and beats Hendo, he'll be signed to the UFC.

M-1 must realise they're in a weak position and whatever Zuffa gives them is the best they can get financially now. Apparently they were barely breaking even co-promoting with SF. They'd be glad of a $1Mil or so payment on top of Fedors' salary from Zuffa and I think Zuffa would be willing to give them it, so long as no one knew.

It was never money that was the issue, it was the branding.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Fedor would be a destroyer at LHW simple as that, Hendo is still a destroyer at LHW... I would love to see Fedor fight at LHW as I would Cro Cop, because both are at such a disadvantage now with the new breed of heavy weights.

I'd put money on Fedor finishing Bones.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:11 pm

Dan Henderson wrote:

"On Saturday night I am going to have to fight Fedor a lot differently to how Werdum and Silva did, but I will come up with the same result. I expect the majority of the fight to take place on our feet and in the clinch. I’m looking to strike with him as much as possible and to knock him out when the opportunity presents itself. There’s a good chance it will go to the ground, too, and I’m fine with that. I can see myself putting him on his back and punishing him… I’ve always looked at Fedor as a similar fighter to me in many ways, but I consider myself better in most areas. I just feel I do everything a little better than he does. I’m better than him in the clinch, and I feel that my striking is more technical and sharper than his… Fedor’s extremely quick for a heavyweight, but I am no heavyweight – and I am quick for a light-heavyweight. If anybody can match him for speed and explosiveness, I’d like to think that person is me. I’ll be much lighter than Fedor on Saturday, and with that comes speed. Fedor won’t be able to get away with the things he tries on bigger and slower opponents… I don’t know what a win over Fedor does for my legacy – that’s up to the fans and media to decide – but it does a lot for my own pride and motivation. I keep taking these big challenges because I believe I can conquer them, and so long as I can keep proving people wrong, I’ll be sticking around."

http://www.mmaconvert.com/2011/07/25/dan-henderson-feels-he-does-everything-a-little-better-than-fedor-emelianenko/
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Can't wait to see this fight! its so interesting!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 am