THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
Sheldan
Moose Stuff For Money...
8 posters

Bisping v Mayhem: Ultimate Fighter 14?

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bisping v Mayhem: Ultimate Fighter 14? Empty Bisping v Mayhem: Ultimate Fighter 14?

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri May 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Middleweights Michael Bisping and Jason "Mayhem" Miller will serve as coaches on the upcoming 14th season of "The Ultimate Fighter."

UFC president Dana White today confirmed the assignments with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). MMA.tv initially reported the selections.

The season begins filming in June and debuts on Spike TV in September.

Bisping (21-3 MMA, 11-3 UFC) and Miller (24-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will meet in a season-ending fight at an event to be determined.

For the time in series history, "TUF 14" is expected to feature bantamweight and featherweight fighters. A 28-man, 32-slot tournament will be used. After an elimination round of fights, an official cast of 14 fighters will be determined. Two opening-round losers then will get second life as wild-card picks who fight for the eighth spot in the quarterfinal bracket.

Bisping, who won "TUF 3" and coached on "TUF 9," and Miller, who recently left Strikeforce and signed with the UFC, take the spots that were rumored to be going to a variety of fighters. Dominick Cruz, Urijah Faber, Chael Sonnen, Brian Stann, Georges St-Pierre, Nick Diaz and others all had been speculated as possibilities.

Sonnen, in fact, had the spot opposite Bisping. But unable to get a second's ("cornerman") license due to his fight ongoing fight following a recent California State Athletic Commission, Sonnen instead was replaced by Miller. (Bisping said he was "gutted" by the decision.)

Miller, in fact, is slated to fight Aaron Simpson at July's UFC 132 event, though that fight is expected to be scratched.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/23764/report-the-ultimate-fighter-14-coaches-michael-bisping-and-mayhem-miller.mma
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bisping v Mayhem: Ultimate Fighter 14? Empty Re: Bisping v Mayhem: Ultimate Fighter 14?

Post  Sheldan Fri May 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Haha I've just posted the same article at basically the same time.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bisping v Mayhem: Ultimate Fighter 14? Empty Re: Bisping v Mayhem: Ultimate Fighter 14?

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri May 27, 2011 10:11 pm

You were two minutes too late Sheldan. Laughing
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri May 27, 2011 10:15 pm

I worked out how to delete it Smile ... Anyway as I was saying on the other post:

First of all I'd just like to say fair play to Anfield, he was adamant that these two would be the coaches and even correctly said that Mayhem's July fight with Aaron Simpson would be scraped. As far as the coaches go, I'd have much rather had Bisping and Sonnen, but Mayhem will do his best to wind up Bisping. It is a winnable fight for Bisping though, but only if he jabs and runs like usual, which I doubt Mayhem will let him do, should be interesting.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 28, 2011 12:57 am

I wanted Sonnen vs Bisping but this will definitely do nicely. We could yet see Sonnen, he's trained with Miller a bunch at Team Quest California under Dan Henderson and could probably serve as an assistant. Sonnen as wrestling coach would mean Sonnen and Miller vs Bisping, which will only end one way, Michael Bisping crying!

The most exciting part about this is two weight classes, and more specifically, the fact that it's bantamweights and featherweights!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 28, 2011 5:01 pm

I wonder if Mayhem vs Bisping will still be a number 1 contenders match? If So Mayhem has landed on his feet matchmaking wise again! Most TUF coaches have title shots or number 1 contenders matches at the end of the season...

Fighting for a number 1 contenders fight seems a little premature (For both men I suppose) but like I said I reckon he has landed on his feet here, I would be supprised if he coudnt take down and choke out Bisping within 15mins.

Reckon it will make for good TV, Ive stopped watching this season of TUF because JDS and Lesnar are pretty dull to watch, But Mayhem winding up Bisping will be awsome, I really have my doubts to Bispings ability to jab and run for 15mins against such a high paced workhorse like Miller. Cant wait to see Mayhem choke him out! cheers
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat May 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Bisping wins he gets title shot no title shot for mayhem that's my take on it, should be fun

Let's hope next tuf there are decent fighters this last one the standard has been shocking
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat May 28, 2011 6:34 pm

its getting exciting each time a new tuf is announced to find out who the coaches will be.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun May 29, 2011 12:19 am

Never really watched many of Miller's fights tbh, whats his fight style? From what i've seen he's a jack of all trades much like Bisping?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 29, 2011 12:51 am

Mayhem's a very good grappler. Probably the hardest guy in the world to submit. Regularly gives his back to BJJ blackbelts and doesn't get tapped!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun May 29, 2011 12:55 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Mayhem's a very good grappler. Probably the hardest guy in the world to submit. Regularly gives his back to BJJ blackbelts and doesn't get tapped!

Ohhhh, so giving his back to BJJ blackbelts is his fight style? Should be an easy win then!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun May 29, 2011 8:31 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Mayhem's a very good grappler. Probably the hardest guy in the world to submit. Regularly gives his back to BJJ blackbelts and doesn't get tapped!

Ohhhh, so giving his back to BJJ blackbelts is his fight style? Should be an easy win then!

lol interesting fighting style, i dont think bisping will get a title shot if he wins hed say hes not ready or something,
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:20 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:04 am