THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+11
Sheldan
1972-casual
2brutal
redmeanie77
Jud_Danger
rudeboyben84
Cowboys From Hell
Once Mohawked Pete
Anfields5thKing
efils_god
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
15 posters

Bisping targets Mayhem KO

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Bisping targets Mayhem KO Empty Bisping targets Mayhem KO

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:57 pm

Just read this on the Sky Sports home page..........Though everyone might want a chuckle!!!!

Apparently Skybet have The Cunt as a 4/9 favourite, what planet are they on??

Middleweight contender Michel Bisping has warned Jason 'Mayhem' Miller that he will be seeking a knock-out victory in the main event of the Ultimate Fighter (TUF) finale on Saturday.

The pair took charge of two teams of aspiring MMA fighters during TUF series on FX, with no love lost between the pair during a number of fractious episodes on the show.

SKY BET ODDS

Michael Bisping is 4/9 favourite to beat Jason Miller on Saturday.
    Their team members will slug it out to be named the winner of the series on the undercard, but all the attention is on the main event as Bisping aims to move closer to a shot at middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

He exclusively told skysports.com: "I am very confident I can stop him. I have been sparring with big guys and my power has improved.

"I'm looking to put this guy away. He's talked a lot of **** and I want to show him up and punish him for what he's said."

Miller has only been stopped inside the distance once in his career, but former TUF winner Bisping - who has 13 KO victories to his name - is confident that his stand-up talents will overwhelm his opponent.

He added: "I think I have a clear advantage in the boxing department. Miller can kick a bit, but his boxing and his hands aren't very good.

"I have a clear advantage there and I am going to utilise my boxing. That said, I think I am a better wrestler, I am bigger and stronger as well and fitter, so generally I have him beaten in all areas.

"He has good jiu-jitsu, but I have addressed that in training and done a lot of ground work. Hand on heart, I truly believe I have him beaten in all areas."

Pressure

Miller attempted to ratchet up the pressure on the UK's top fighter this week by suggesting that he has a spy in the Bisping camp, a claim laughed off by the Manchester fighter.

He added: "It's absolute nonsense. I've had a small, but dedicated, quality camp with a lot of good guys.

"It is a sign that he is trying to unsettle my camp and accuse a few people [of leaking information]. He thought I might fly off the handle when I heard and start accusing people or whatnot, but I just laughed. That's absolute b*******."

Bisping is on a three-fight winning streak in the UFC and sees Miller as another opportunity to cement his title credentials.

Nottingham welterweight Dan Hardy received the first-ever title shot for a UK fighter in the UFC, but Bisping reckons he can become the first British champion in UFC history.

He said: "I am definitely working hard towards [a title shot]. I deserve a title shot soon and I have been around the UFC a long time and I have only been stopped once in my career and I learnt a lot from that.

"I believe I am almost there. I don't think a win over Miller gets me a title shot, but with another win it will establish me as one of the top contenders in the middleweight division."
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Bisping targets Mayhem KO Empty Re: Bisping targets Mayhem KO

Post  efils_god Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Unlikely to get a KO, but i think bisping could get a UD here. Can MAyhem really get him down when Rashad and Hamill struggled?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:29 am

Rashad took him down easy enough when he wanted to.

Bisping has pillows for hands, Mayhem has a good chin. Only ever been KO'd by soccer kicks. No chance he KO's him. Bisping is coming in to jab and jog.

And if Bisping thinks he's a better wrestler or better on the ground, he's fucking deluded.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:49 am

I guess so, but Rashad is a much bigger, better wrestler than mayhem. That said, Bisping is never KO'ing him, and if Mayhem gets it down, he's got a great chance. If he can't get it down though, all i can see is a Bisping UD, with him nipping in with shit punches, scoring a few points then running away.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:03 am

Again, delusional is not the fucking word, I'm sure I don't need to list ALL the top quality fighters that Bitchping has KO'd throughout his career.

This fight will only go one way, Bitchping throwing the jab from the back foot as he runs around the cage, eventually one or the other will get pinned to the cage, Mayhem takes him down and subs him.

JUst checked Ladbrokes odds, Mayhem 8/5 outsider? I think I'll have some of that like.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:33 am

Bisping targets Mayhem KO 1b68df75-7cbc-488f-9b61-37857d408bd9

Oh Bisping, This is funnier than it should be because he genuinely believes all the things he says, God I hope Mayhem strangles him to sleep.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Remember he said he was gonna out-wrestle Hendo?? cheers
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:54 pm

efils_god wrote:Remember he said he was gonna out-wrestle Hendo?? cheers

...and he was going to KO him! Embarassed
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Maymen called Bispings Style Jab and Jog. I though Anfield coined that saying! He also described it as Strike and Bike! lol.

He just said Bispings only gameplan is to hit and run, Mayhem is a front footed figher so he said Bisping wont be able to avoid him for a round let along 5 rounds.

Mayhem may not be a better Wrestler than Hamill but Id class him as a different level of grappler. Mayhem hung with Jacare and Shields on the ground. Bisping will be a peice of piss in comparison.

All you have to do to beat Bisping standing is have the balls to wade through the powder puff strikes and land you own. Hendo showed this and Wand showed this (even if it took him 3 rounds to catch him and put him down)

Mayhem wont get outclassed on the feet, Bisping will get outclassed on the ground. I see Bisping as an underdog. I might stick a few quid on Mayhem as an underdog.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Oh yeah forgot it was a 5 rounder!! How's Mayhems gas tank if it goes past 3?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Well he looked in pretty good shape against Shields that was a very gruelling fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Yeah we know Mayhem has a solid 5 rounds of fighting in him, we dont know if Bisping can jog backwards for 5 mins.
    Jud_Danger
    Jud_Danger
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Jud_Danger Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Im always really patriotic in every sport imaginable....but i find it so fucking hard to cheer Bisping, the bloke is a fuckin joke!!!

Any decent competition n the kid stiffs up, Vs Hendo, literally!!!!!

Mayhem 3rd rnd sub for me!!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:59 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Maymen called Bispings Style Jab and Jog. I though Anfield coined that saying! He also described it as Strike and Bike! lol.

The horrible fucker stealing my saying! I do like Strike and Bike so I think i'll steal that!
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:51 am

Winner gets Chael apparently! Actually almost makes me want Bisping to win just to see the following demolition.....!
    Jud_Danger
    Jud_Danger
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Jud_Danger Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:01 am

efils_god wrote:Winner gets Chael apparently! Actually almost makes me want Bisping to win just to see the following demolition.....!

I do like the sound of this ^^^^^^^
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:05 pm

I'm completely torn.

On the one hand, Mayhem is one of my favourite fighters and I'd love to see him win against Bisping but Chael would mow right through him.

On the other hand, Bisping is my least favourite fighter and I'd love to see Sonnen murder him for 25 minutes or until he cries STOP!

I think I'm going to go with:

Mayhem snaps Bispings arm in half. Then suffers a small injury so he can't fight Sonnen.

Sonnen then goes and walks through average Mark Munoz and finally gets his title shot when Anderson stops ducking him and pretending to be hurt.

All the while Mayhem chalks off another couple of wins and earns a title shot.

Sonnen would destroy him in that title shot, but at least he'd get a good big payday.

After beating Mayhem, Sonnen offers Bisping a shot at the belt, and mauls him like a grizzly bear with a chicken carcass for 25 minutes.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:10 pm

War Bisping Laughing

Sonnen-Bisping on FOX 2 would be epic. And is perfect fight for us fans with Anderson not wanting to fight Sonnen.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:04 am

Can't imagine they'd put Sonnen vs Bisping on the same card as Evans vs Davis. Sonnen vs Bisping has to headline. The People's World Champ opens for nobody! haha
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:05 pm

rekon bisping gets a late tko rd 4 or 5
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Can't imagine they'd put Sonnen vs Bisping on the same card as Evans vs Davis. Sonnen vs Bisping has to headline. The People's World Champ opens for nobody! haha

Perhaps, although Sonnen-Munoz was rumoured to be scheduled for this show, plus having those 2 no.1 contender fights on Fox card would make business sense IMO, might get more buys for the PPV title fights for the winner if the Fox fights are really great and more casual viewers see them.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:22 pm

I think Bisping out jabs Mayhem for the first couple of rounds before deciding to take it to the ground where he is the boss. Bisping ends up doing what he wants before finishing Mayhem with a Twister or Anaconda choke.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Sonnen is probabally going to be praying Bisping wins, Mayhem is a terrible fight for him. Sonnen beat him near 10 years ago, I havnt seen the fight but with Mayhem being so hard to finish, so good at subs and can keep pace with almost anyone makes him a dangerous fight for Sonnen.

Bisping on the other hand wouldnt have a hope of "Strike and Bike" as miller called it against Sonnen, He is tough enough to throw caution to the wind and swing at Anderson while charging in on the front foot. He has the power to Drop Bisping and can probabally land TD's at will and flatten Bisping. I cant imagine a senatio in my head where Bisping beats him.

Sonnen is a terrible fight for Bisping but Mayhem isnt. Mayhem isnt a TD artist and I dont doubt that if Mayhem has trouble taking him down tonight that Bisping could take rounds on the scorecards keeping it standing. I reckon Mayhem is taking home a Sub in the late rounds but I see Bisping taking a few rounds with some counterpunching.

Anyone a link to Sonnens fight with Mayhem?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:31 am

1972-casual wrote:I think Bisping out jabs Mayhem for the first couple of rounds before deciding to take it to the ground where he is the boss. Bisping ends up doing what he wants before finishing Mayhem with a Twister or Anaconda choke.

Have you been drinking? Bisping outgrapple Mayhem? Utter bolox.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:24 am

I gotta assume that was in jest.....otherwise you are insane!

Turns out Chael Is fighting Munoz!! Oh well....

Who next for Mayhem and Bisping?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm