THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+12
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
hendos_right_hook
rudeboyben84
the_king
SirSquatAlot
efils_god
Cowboys From Hell
pinsman
Ginginho
Sheldan
The_Axe_Emperor
16 posters

Video games discussion

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Video games discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Video games discussion

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Anyone got UFC 3 then? Really enjoying it, just bummed that Nick Diaz and Alistair Overeem are DLC.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:09 pm

What's DLC?
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Downloadable content. Means you have to be online, and pay extra for them usually.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Yup I've got the game too It's pretty good got Overeem but although I Pre ordere I've had problems with the contenders pack so far. Mad

Not a big step up from the 2010 game the little things have made the game better even the AI is a lot better as I said about the demo the Pride mode is fun as fuck really good to play and the commentry from Bas & Quandros is awesome.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:25 pm

Is it still impossible to win via submission or decision unless you put your heart and soul into it? lol

That was the one thing i hated about 2010, 99% of my fights ended via knockout.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:34 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Is it still impossible to win via submission or decision unless you put your heart and soul into it? lol

That was the one thing i hated about 2010, 99% of my fights ended via knockout.

Yeah there's still very rarely a decision, unless you toy with the guy. Submissions on the other hand are very much possible. I submitted GSP with Anderson on the 3rd difficulty Smile
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Nice mate Smile , but I would wish they'd make it harder to finish a fight! The only way to win a decision is when you set out to do so.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Yeah exactly. EA MMA was good for that, you had to really work for the finish, and decisions were very common. On all the UFC games though you can just be throwing 5/6 punches a minute and you'll still more than likely see a stoppage.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:33 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Nice mate Smile , but I would wish they'd make it harder to finish a fight! The only way to win a decision is when you set out to do so.

Or by selecting Jon Fitch!
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Here you go lads, a link to get a code for Alistair Overeem if you haven't gone him yet.

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/overeemredeem

If anybody has it for Xbox then feel free to add me: Keaymaker.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Anyone waiting on a game called Mass something(attack??) 3, if you intend to get it from GAME or have pre-ordered it from them, they're not getting it in apparently. Something about EA games not being stocked in GAME anymore. Don't really know the details, was talking to my nephew and he was having a moan about it. I'm sure all you gamers know about it already but thought I'd pass it on.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Anyone waiting on a game called Mass something(attack??) 3, if you intend to get it from GAME or have pre-ordered it from them, they're not getting it in apparently. Something about EA games not being stocked in GAME anymore. Don't really know the details, was talking to my nephew and he was having a moan about it. I'm sure all you gamers know about it already but thought I'd pass it on.

They are about to hit the shitter mate they are in a huge financial mess From March onwards Game won't be stcocking EA Games.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Mass effect 3 good game, to be honest up here in the north game is selling games 49.99 everywhere else is like 32.99 .
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:50 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Anyone played the UFC 3 demo yet I think It is a big improvement over the last effort loving the Pride mode which to me me seems far more enjoyable than the standard UFC mode.

I am still playing EA MMA - is it worth upgrading?? I prefer the EA control system over the original UFC game but I have heard that it has improved...
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:39 am

Ginginho wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:Anyone played the UFC 3 demo yet I think It is a big improvement over the last effort loving the Pride mode which to me me seems far more enjoyable than the standard UFC mode.

I am still playing EA MMA - is it worth upgrading?? I prefer the EA control system over the original UFC game but I have heard that it has improved...

Definitely worth upgrading for me the stand up is still the same controls but It's a lot more fluid then 2010. The submission game is a lot better the new system is similar to EA with an on screen circle with red and blue brackets in fact It's a simple mans version of the EA system. It's certainly better to align your bracket on top of your opponents bracket rather than frantically turning the analogue stick clockwise....If that hasn't sold you on It Mark Hunt is in the game. Cool
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:02 am

Cowboys From Hell wrote:
    Ginginho wrote:

Definitely worth upgrading for me the stand up is still the same controls but It's a lot more fluid then 2010. The submission game is a lot better the new system is similar to EA with an on screen circle with red and blue brackets in fact It's a simple mans version of the EA system. It's certainly better to align your bracket on top of your opponents bracket rather than frantically turning the analogue stick clockwise....If that hasn't sold you on It Mark Hunt is in the game. Cool

I just took my made up Mark Hunt to strikeforce gold in EA MMA, getting revenge on Fedor by finishing that americana from the real fight afro Cheers mate - got it now...

Now I need to make me a James Te Huna to kick some bones around - I love fantasy sport Laughing

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:45 pm

I've got a contenders pack available If anyone wants It for UFC Undisputed 3 (Stann, Davis, Miller & Diaz) the only catch is it is a BLUS code (US region) so you need to have the US game to download the code.
    Chimezero
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Chimezero Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:47 am

Anyone wishing to lose hours of the life then look no further than Trials Retribution on xboxlive, highly addictive motorbike platform puzzler, downloaded it last night and the hours just disappear

Also been playing batman: arkham city, its absolutly brilliant great storyline and game play

finally got a gold membership again for the first time in years, if anyone wants to add its chimezero

Anyone still playing Ea MMA? I heard the servers were getting taken down, can any one confirm this is has happend yet?
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sun May 06, 2012 7:43 pm

Didn't know where else to stick this question. UFC 146 is the 1st card I actually want to watch live so much that I am willing to pay Zuffa for the privelidge (granted it ain't as good as it was, but still looks fun)
    Just wondering if it is possible to stream from UFC.com to a PS3? Their website talks about streaming to PC's and Android devices, but no mention of games consoles. If I'm shelling out, I'dlike to watch this one on my TV.
    Also, does the whole event stream from UFC, or do still have to mess about with Facebook, etc for the prelims?
    Cheers Chaps.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun May 06, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm not 100% sure there is mate, I know in the states XBox has an exclusive deal for PPV's and personally I've tried to watch Prelims on my PS3 but nothing happens as the streams run on Microsoft Silverlight. To be honest I don't think there is way way barring jailbreaking your PS3 (I wouldn't reccomend It as I haven't a clue how you do It).
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun May 06, 2012 8:28 pm

What you should do mate is just find a stream on first row sports and then type in the URL into your PS3 browser because it will work, that's what I always use to do with certain events. Only bad thing about having an Xbox is that it doesn't have a internet browser.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sun May 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks Guys
    Sheldan, any chance you could 'idiot proof' that? I'm guessing you mean find that stream on my pc and then type it into my PS3?
    Zuffa are really missing a trick here I think, they want me to watch on a piddly little 3 inch screen on my phone, but I can't watch on my tv??
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun May 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Yep just enter the address on the PS3 browser I'll be honest I forgot about firstrow they must be back up then.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:16 am

Video game publisher THQ has lost its grip on the license to create titles based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Rival publisher Electronic Arts revealed it has reached a deal with the UFC to start developing video games based on the mixed martial arts league during its press event at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles.

"There's no one better at creating authentic sports videogames than EA SPORTS, and we're excited to have a partner who shares our vision of deep, connected and multi-platform global game experiences," said UFC President Dana White in a statement.

The deal is a "multi-year, multi-product partnership" with the UFC, says EA's statement. No word on when the first title under the EA label launches.

Recent titles under the UFC brand had been developed by THQ, most recently 2012's UFC Undisputed 3, which was heralded by critics.

"We've relished our relationship with UFC over the last several years and believe that the UFC gaming brand is in great shape," says THQ CEO Brian Farrell in a statement. "THQ's more focused strategy moving forward meant that transferring the license to EA made sense to all parties."

EA has had experience with mixed martial arts, having launched EA Sports MMA in 2010.

____________________________________________________________________________

Fuck yeah great news. Although UFC Undisputed 3 was a great effort and I personally can't stop playing it, I preferred EA MMA to UFC 2010, and nobody does sports games like EA. Can't wait for this.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Good news indeed I like UFC 3 It's a very good but I always felt the striking feels robotic unlike EA MMA which feels far better but the one thing I never liked with EA MMA was the submission system I ve never liked now If you combine the striking of EA MMA and the submission system of UFC 3 you have a hell of a game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:25 pm