THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+12
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
hendos_right_hook
rudeboyben84
the_king
SirSquatAlot
efils_god
Cowboys From Hell
pinsman
Ginginho
Sheldan
The_Axe_Emperor
16 posters

Video games discussion

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Video games discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Video games discussion

Post  Sheldan Wed May 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Modern Warfare 3 gameplay trailer.

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:18 am

UPDATE: The official UFC Undisputed 3 website is now live, and brings new details on the game. They are below.

"UFC Undisputed 3, takes you inside the Octagon, delivering intense UFC action focused on brutal toe-to-toe combat, impressive visual presentation, increased accessibility and raw fight emotion.

"UFC Undisputed 3 ups the intensity with the addition of PRIDE Mode, a brand new submission system, new ways to finish the fight and increased accessibility through both traditional and simplified gameplay controls that, along with significanlt enhanced visuals, new camera positions and personalized fighter entrances, let you step right inside the Octagon.

"UFC Undisputed 3 also lets you take the fight to your friends with a significantly improved online feature set, including new and updated offerings, delivering the most competitive and engaging MMA experience to date.

PRIDE MODE: The no-holds-barred Japanese MMA league brings with it brutal soccer-style kicks, head stomps and ground knees to the head.

FINISH THE FIGHT: Take your opponents down with punishing new moves, a brand new submission system and increased focus on presentation.

FROM BROADCAST TO CAGE-SIDE: Experience the intensity of UFC with new camera positions, compelling fighter entrances, improved facial animations and a gritty, high contrast appearance.

GAMEPLAY ACCESSIBILITY: Get right inside the Octagon with simplified gameplay control options, brutalizing opponents after stepping into the cage for the first time.

EXTRAORDINARY ROSTER: More than 150 of the most intense UFC fighters, including the addition of Featherweight and Bantamweight divisions.

EXTENSIVE ONLINE OFFERING: A significantly revamped online experience, including both new and updated features, rounds out the best competitive fighting experience to date for the franchise.

ORIGINAL STORY: THQ has announced UFC Undisputed 3, set for release on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in early 2012.

New features include Pride matches, based on the Pride Fighting Championship. Here, matches are more brutal, set outdoors and with relaxed rules.

The striking and grappling systems have received a makeover, reports GameSpot. A simulation match variant is designed to replicate the in-ring dynamic.

For those who have found the series a tad too complicated, THQ has implemented a more user-friendly, simpler control scheme. This is optional.

Undisputed 3's early 2012 release comes as no surprise.

THQ made no secret of its plan to axe its policy of releasing a UFC game every year after the last game in the mixed martial arts simulation series sold fewer copies than expected.

Between April and June 2010 THQ shipped around 2.7 million units of UFC Undisputed 2010, down from the 3.5 million copies of UFC 2009 Undisputed. In August 2010 core games boss Danny Bilson told Eurogamer the next UFC game would enjoy a longer development cycle than UFC 2010, released in May 2010, did. "The mission on UFC 3, the next game, is to make everybody who's ever bought the first or second game, have to buy the third one," he said. "We don't believe it's a churn it out game every 12 months. We just don't."

The first screenshots are below.

Video games discussion - Page 2 Ss_preview_preview_screen_1.jpg

Video games discussion - Page 2 Ss_preview_preview_screen_2.jpg

Video games discussion - Page 2 Ss_preview_preview_screen_3.jpg
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Dont think ill but a THQ MMA game, EA was good and if they where making UFC games it would be amazing but THQ suck...

Maby if they use all the SF fighters as well as the UFC roster id think about buying it.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:41 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Dont think ill but a THQ MMA game, EA was good and if they where making UFC games it would be amazing but THQ suck...

Maby if they use all the SF fighters as well as the UFC roster id think about buying it.

From the looks of it they have taken a lot of the things that EA Sports MMA did and tried to use them in this new game. I agree that EA Sports MMA was a better game, but for the simple fact of the fighters being used on the UFC game are not available on any other game then i'll get it. It would be like buying FIFA and not being able to use any of the Premier League teams.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:31 pm

They better have Minowaman on the roster He was Pride fuck the rest Minowaman is the best Very Happy

Looks good so far hope they have Rutten and Quadros for the Pride side of the game.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:01 pm

i was beginning to wonder if we were getting a ufc game soon iv seen a one for ps move and xbox kinnect called ufc personal trainer but it looks shit.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:50 pm

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:22 am

dont get brink its totally shit.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Allright lads just wondering if any of you are playing Skyrim?
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:40 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Allright lads just wondering if any of you are playing Skyrim?

Indeed i am! PRetty awesome game despite some bugs. It is so massive that i can forigve them though! Smile

You?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:50 am

efils_god wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Allright lads just wondering if any of you are playing Skyrim?

Indeed i am! PRetty awesome game despite some bugs. It is so massive that i can forigve them though! Smile

You?

Yeah mate im loving it. Up to level 22 with my Character, hopefully got a 4 day weekend coming up here and my Missus is off on business so going to clock up a few hours of Skyrim!

What type of Character are you using?

Killed many dragons?

I got a tip of get a fee house in winterhold if you want?

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:52 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    efils_god wrote:

You?

Yeah mate im loving it. Up to level 22 with my Character, hopefully got a 4 day weekend coming up here and my Missus is off on business so going to clock up a few hours of Skyrim!

Killed many dragons?

I'm around level 27 i think. The game is great fun and some of the stories are excellent. I've met about probably 6-7 dragons, but haven't really been playing the main quest much. My character is mostly a mage-type character using conjuration and destruction. You?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:20 am

efils_god wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:
    efils_god wrote:

You?

Killed many dragons?

I'm around level 27 i think. The game is great fun and some of the stories are excellent. I've met about probably 6-7 dragons, but haven't really been playing the main quest much. My character is mostly a mage-type character using conjuration and destruction. You?

I havnt been playing the main quest too much either, the game is so big I get side tracked too often!

Im using Sword Shield or Bow for long range, being a Nord with really high smithing so making some cool heavy magic armour and things, Id love to see the game with Magic though, I pick up things like staff of Zombies and want to see it... But I think Id rather focus on a few things than be an all rounder.

My wee Bro is playing it as a sneaky character, looks great craic too.

I do want to be an Orc in ligh armour with an Axe in each hand too!

Have you got a sidekick following you about? You know you can turn into a werewolf in the game?
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Yeah magic is alot of fun, but for sure i'll focus on it only in this play through then try a fighter, then a thief later! The great thing about magic and especially conjuration is you can conjure really strong swords to fight with, so you don't need to haul loads of stuff around with you, just your magic robes and you conjure the rest!!

Yeah i am a werewolf, it's actually a main part of one of the side quest lines (won't wpoil it unless you want to know)

I had Lydia as a sidekick but she died! Haven't had another since but i know it's pretty easy to get one if you know how.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:00 pm

Cracking mate, Think im going to do the werewolf one this week, havnt paid too much attention to those companions but I heard it is one of them you need to talk to.

I played the oblivion and the combat is so much improved in this one, actually having to line up your shield and time a block and the variation or power strikes etc.. keeps the combat fun.

My mate just gave me a heads up not to kill a dragon in the town or their body does weird things and wont do away! Have you bought a house in winterholm or you wanna know how to get one without paying the 5,000? Ive a wee tip/cheat to get it free someone showed me.

Ive some Nord sidekick I picked up after clearing his ancestors tombe but Im ditching him, I reckon the more he kills things for me the less experience I get and its weird that when you have a horse you just have to run on without him. My only problem is I find it hard to Kill Giants in close combar! when I dont have someone distracting them!

You using double handed spells? Any cool Necromancy ones? I like the Idea of using a creepy looking dark elf or something and getting good as things like raise dead or the likes. Do you choose a type of Magic? I havnt paid too much attention to it, Saw some Mage blast me with a massive bolt of ice that actually went through my charagter and stuck in me! Killed me in 2 hits... and im not even on the hardest mode!!
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:15 pm

I already have a house there, which was expensive!! Smile

I am using dual-wield magic yeah. Usually though i have alot of success summoning some sort of atronach (fire, ice, storm), then switching to a summoned sword in one hand, and destruction magic in the other (like the ice spike you saw, those are fun!!).

You should give it a go next time it'll be a totally different experience!

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Not got it yet but have read reviews/watched trailers etc and it looks brilliant. I'm a MASSIVE Fallout fan though, is it similar?
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:13 pm

It's made by the same guys who did fallout 3, so alot of the game mechanics are similar.

Major differences are no guns, and lots of magic etc, and set in a land of dungeons and dragons. But if you liked fallout 3 you'll love this.

On another note did you play Fallout New Vegas? It got mixed reviews but i'm gonna check it out.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Fallout is Shite in comparison from someone who has played both. Im more a fan or post apocolyptic setting than Orcs and Elves type fantasy but for which one is a more fun game to play Skyrim blows fallout out of the water.

Its the same sort of RPG, leveling up, getting better weapons, open world etc.. but Skyrim rim almost mixes an action game with the RGP elements.

Fallout you couldnt play 3rd person, it looker terrible and the action as a 1st person shooter was nearly unplayable, you had to use VATS (which really was just click head or body shot) and the computer played out the action for you.

In Skyrim you can get into a propper sword fight, blocking, moving, various attacks etc.. and play it in 1st or 3rd person (with Executions like Fallout VATS kills that happen sometimes when you deliver the killing blow)

If thats not your style you can use a bow and arrow character, sneak about and pick your opponents off, you can sneak through shaddows and slit peoples throats from behind....

Your Character choice and how you play the game is a lot more open but the main thing is that its a lot more fun to play. Id recomend it highly if you like Fallout and fancy a more fun version!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Cheers mate, sounds like my kinda game Smile

And yeah, ironically I was up late last night/this morning finishing off my Fallout New Vegas story mode Laughing got it last Christmas and I only just completed it a couple of hours ago! Brilliant game mate, as good as if not better than Fallout 3.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Yeah i agree Ben, the gameplay is alot more varied that Fallout 3. If you want to slash and bash you can, or sneak up to people and slit their throats, or use destruction magic to kill people, or conjure fire-breathing enemies to help you, or cast spells on enemies so they kill each other etc etc etc!!

I also prefer the post-apocalyptic idea, but Skyrim is a better game overall. Only natural since it's by the same guys but 4 or so years after fallout 3 (they weren't as involved in new vegas i think?).

All things considered the next fallout should be epic!
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:35 pm

efils_god wrote:Yeah i agree Ben, the gameplay is alot more varied that Fallout 3. If you want to slash and bash you can, or sneak up to people and slit their throats, or use destruction magic to kill people, or conjure fire-breathing enemies to help you, or cast spells on enemies so they kill each other etc etc etc!!

I also prefer the post-apocalyptic idea, but Skyrim is a better game overall. Only natural since it's by the same guys but 4 or so years after fallout 3 (they weren't as involved in new vegas i think?).

All things considered the next fallout should be epic!

Thanks guys - think I have found my son's christmas present now - sounds like a great game (skyrim that is) - any other recommendations?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Can't go wrong with Assassins Creed, Ging Smile
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 pm

Anyone played the UFC 3 demo yet I think It is a big improvement over the last effort loving the Pride mode which to me me seems far more enjoyable than the standard UFC mode.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:14 pm

I agree, I'm really enjoying the new mode. I also like how you can change the settings to 'competition' and put the stamina on 'simulation' and it vastly reduces flash KO's and makes the fights much more realistic.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:49 pm