THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
Albion_Oakley
SirSquatAlot
2brutal
7 posters

How old how long and do you

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

How old how long and do you Empty How old how long and do you

Post  2brutal Sat May 07, 2011 3:27 pm

I think seen as though we spend so much time on here I wondered who the fuck are we actualy talking to so I'll put a few bits if any of you want to please do I'm nosey, if no no probes

John Bradford England 29 police sergeant
    Been watching mma since 2000. Mainly ufc to start but then pride etc, boxing before that,
    I used to be a semi keen bodybuilder no competitions though, I go to the gym a few days a week kick box the punch bags that's about as close to any mma I do, would love to take it up but being 29 working shifts and having a family I think I missed the boat, do any of you guys train or take part in mma

Also ufc in liverpool October anyone going, as long as I can get tickets there's 5 of us going 2 lads from here superman punch and manpage
    SirSquatAlot
    SirSquatAlot
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

How old how long and do you Empty Re: How old how long and do you

Post  SirSquatAlot Sat May 07, 2011 3:45 pm

I'll join in! I'm on here all the time but don't really post enough.

Iain Mitchell, 29, IT Consultant from Glasgow.

Been watching MMA for about 5 or 6 years now. Got into when i accidently caught an episode of the first Ultimate Fighter Series and the fight between Griffin and Bonner peaked my interest. Learnt fast and caught up on Pride and UFC and most other promotions and even the wife watches it with me now!... although she does turn away anytime somebody gets punched?

Started training a couple of years ago at the Hybrid Academy of Martial Arts in Glasgow set-up by Guru George and Mandy Johnson, it's MMA with a self defence/violence twist but it seriously changed my life, much fitter and confident for it and i'll never compete being a bit old for it now but it's nice to feel a bit of Pain!
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sat May 07, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm 30, been watching MMA on and off since around ufc 5 or 6, seriously since about 2005.
    In my youth trained as a pro wrestler then later dabbled very briefly in both karate and Japanese Jujitsu.

Up until 15 months ago I was 19 stones in weight with a very unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle. Now I am a trim (for me Smile 16 stone, gym 6 days a week and training BJJ for the last 7 months. Im competing in my first comp at the end of this month. It is absolutely never too late to start mate, find your local club and get down to a beginners class. If your already going gym it will be easier but nothing ever reminds me how far I have to go like the solid hour of rolling I do every tuesday night Smile
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat May 07, 2011 3:55 pm

My fiancé not a fan of mma and abuses me for being on here too much

If I didn't do what I did for a living I think I would just don't fancy being in a class with some of the lads I may end up locking up, I practice with my mate but we don't know what we are doing just copy from what we see on tv

Top effort with the weight loss mate
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sat May 07, 2011 3:57 pm

One of the lads I train with is a police seargent too mate ! I think perhaps he lives locally and works in the next town over though. Cheers man.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Theres a thread ages ago that has all our personal backround info from the rest of the posters here. But cant find it though.
    SirSquatAlot
    SirSquatAlot
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  SirSquatAlot Sat May 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Theres a guy i train with who's a Defense Lawyer! But it's a nice bunch of lads and lassies at my gym so hopefully no need for him to ever defend any of us!! Smile

gre660wl
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  gre660wl Sat May 07, 2011 9:48 pm

2brutal wrote:I think seen as though we spend so much time on here I wondered who the fuck are we actualy talking to so I'll put a few bits if any of you want to please do I'm nosey, if no no probes

John Bradford England 29 police sergeant
    Been watching mma since 2000. Mainly ufc to start but then pride etc, boxing before that,
    I used to be a semi keen bodybuilder no competitions though, I go to the gym a few days a week kick box the punch bags that's about as close to any mma I do, would love to take it up but being 29 working shifts and having a family I think I missed the boat, do any of you guys train or take part in mma

Also ufc in liverpool October anyone going, as long as I can get tickets there's 5 of us going 2 lads from here superman punch and manpage
    i know a policeman from bradford he called sam johnson an i know he into mma dont suppose you know him? im very good friends with his brother
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat May 07, 2011 10:03 pm

I do indeed know Sam small world eh didn't know he was a fan I'll have a word John toothill is my name mention me 2him
    gre660wl
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  gre660wl Sat May 07, 2011 10:18 pm

2brutal wrote:I do indeed know Sam small world eh didn't know he was a fan I'll have a word John toothill is my name mention me 2him
    ha yea it is a small world like i mentioned i only know him really through his brother, he will know me as grego from his brothers stag doo an weddin last year where sam was best man.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm

George, student from Norwich. Been following MMA since about Ultimate Fighter 3 when it was on Bravo or some equally shitty bloke channel.

As for actual experience, trained karate for 7 years as a young lad, but managed to keep my skills sharp through 6 years of being a fat prop forward so figured I'd start up again. Currently train on the University of East Anglia team, Iceni Warriors Muay Thai and Norwich Kickstop MMA. Probably be fighting soon so feel free to come down to the east coast and watch Smile
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon May 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Jack Gair,
    I have posted on there but I'll do it again for hells sake he he! 25 from Coventry originally been into mma for a fair few years prob about ufc 30 or 40 something, but was into K1 before that (prob say I'm more of a K1 fan than mma).

I dot practice any martial arts but really into my rugby, play for a club called Pinley but been training with Coventry rfc since jan hoping to get signed next season possibly!

Fav fighters are prob overeem, shogun, belfort, fedor... I'm abit of a wrestler hater too!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:33 am