The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Contract info on Gil, Mo etc.. How long they are trapped in Strikeforce

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Contract info on Gil, Mo etc.. How long they are trapped in Strikeforce

Post  rudeboyben84 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:35 pm

Gegard Mousasi: 2 figths left on contract (or 2 year deal signed april 2012)

King Mo : Contract expires Feburary 2012, next fight will be last under current SF contract.

Gilbert Melendez: 4 fights

---------

Anyone else got any contract info on the top stars?

Last edited by rudeboyben84 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Re: Contract info on Gil, Mo etc.. How long they are trapped in Strikeforce

Post  efils_god on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Melendez said on a chat interview thingy on mmafighting yesterday that he had 4 fights left on his Strikeforce contract....

but does that mean these must be finished before he moves to UFC seeing as Zuffa own both....?
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Nice one mate ill update Gil's Contract info. Im going to try and find as much as I can.

From what I understand the Diaz situation isnt going to happen again. Your right Zuffa could pull the contracts and swap them but it sounds like this isnt going to happen.

Once a figthers contract ends he can negotiate with anyone (so will likely go to UFC)

Bad news Gil is stuck there for 4 fights, maby mid 2013 before he is in the UFC but good news on Mo. Lets hope they dont try and talk him into staying in SF

Was Sergei cut? Whats the story with GG/Zuffa now?
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Seems pretty stupid to me to keep Melendez in strikeforce, when he is legitametely one of the top 3 (if not top?) LWs in the world. As discueed, i think strikeforce can wtay alive and work if it is a sort of platform for UFC. Like Strikeforce challengers has been for SF i guess. But the best guys should be in the UFC, there is no point in keeping the best apart. Dana always talks about making the fights people want to see, and people want to see Gil vs. the LW champ after the Edgar-Bendo fight.

He is too good to be in the 'second rate' organisation, especially when both are owned by the same company!
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Diaz had a bunch of fights left on his contract and got moved over so it's not true that they are "trapped" or "stuck" in Strikeforce.

Strikeforce gave these fighters a platform to perform on when they were being ignored by the UFC so utter bullshit to talk about "how long they are trapped in Strikeforce".
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:18 pm

I think Dana has said that what happened with Diaz won't be happening again though.

We all know Dana can say one thing and do another though i suppose....
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Diaz had a bunch of fights left on his contract and got moved over so it's not true that they are "trapped" or "stuck" in Strikeforce.

Strikeforce gave these fighters a platform to perform on when they were being ignored by the UFC so utter bullshit to talk about "how long they are trapped in Strikeforce".

Trapped in Strikeforce as in the number 1 or 2 ranked guy in the world with 0 ranked opponents to fight. Trapped as in UFC are making him see out his contract as oppose to pulling him out of SF to the UFC before its up like Diaz etc..

Dont get me wrong I used to love SF and I understand it was the place to go if you werent in the UFC. But I mean its shit that as part of this new TV deal they have been told no pulling fighters out of SF till they see out their contracts...

Melendez has 3 fights left after the weekend id say, I reckon they can line up a few decent fights but the bottom line is the top ranked SF guys will only be coming to UFC after their contracts are finished.

Thats really the point of the thread.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:44 pm

I think the obvious thing what will happen to Gil is Zuffa will be bringing over a few names over like the Florian's & Guida's of the world names who will probably never be top dog in the UFC.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:16 pm