THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game

Poll

What Will Rumble Weigh On The Scales?

[ 6 ]
    The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_lcap50%The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 3 ]
    The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_lcap25%The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_lcap17%The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_lcap8%The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_lcap0%The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_lcap0%The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 12
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game Empty The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game

Post  Sheldan Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:54 pm

So just a few weeks ago Rumble was said to be 220 pounds, so it begs the question, just what weight will he be on the scales? He'll obviously be huge come Saturday, but will he be able to get down to 170 for the weigh in?

Let the voting commence! I'll get the ball rolling with 174 pounds.

Last edited by Sheldan on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game Empty Re: The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game

Post  wilksdaman Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:04 pm

The whole weight system us flawed to shit in my opinion.
    The fact that Johnson will weigh probably in excess of 20 pounds more than Hardy on fight night is just silly.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game Empty Re: The Anthony "Rumble" Johnson Weigh In Game

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:35 pm

171 and barely able to stand
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Laughing I'll go for 172
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:41 am

Thinking about I think he will come in at 171 Rumble must know If he balls this weight cut up he will be on very thin ice and definitely released If he loses.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:30 am

UFC Fight Night 24: Johnson insists he'll make weight, Hardy says he doesn't care

Some fighters take it as a sign of disrespect when their opponents miss weight. Fans certainly don't like it, and the promoter isn't amused either.

Athletic commissions not only don't like it, they hit a fighter where it really hurts – the pocketbook.

But one-time title challenger Dan Hardy (23-8 MMA, 4-2 UFC), who meets massive weight-cutter Anthony Johnson (8-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) on Saturday at UFC Fight Night 24, doesn't really care one way or the other.

Johnson can eat all the Burger King, pancakes and cookies he wants as long as he shows up to fight at Saturday's event, which takes place at Seattle's KeyArena and airs live on Spike TV.

"It makes no difference to me," Hardy told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmmajunkie.com). "If he comes in overweight, that shows me a lack of discipline. It also means he's got more than one chin to hit, as well, which is going to work out in my favor."

Johnson may not have a second chin or spare tire around his waist right now, but he certainly wasn't a svelte, ripped fighter about three months ago. The welterweight admitted today that he ballooned up to 231 pounds while sidelined from knee surgery. That number is 11 pounds more than the 50 he cut to make the 171-pound limit for a fight with Yoshiyuki Yoshida at UFC 104.

Or 45 pounds more, anyway.

Johnson missed the UFC 104 cutoff by five pounds and was fined a percentage of his purse. He was so drawn out he needed to be carried to weigh-ins.

Johnson had no problems making weight the next time around when he fought Josh Koscheck at UFC 106, but Hardy thinks the drastic cut sapped him of the will to fight as the fight wore on. Koscheck submitted him late in the second round.

Johnson's team has several times tried to convince him to move to middleweight, if not light heavyweight. However, those efforts have been unsuccessful.

So the big question remains if there will be a problem when Johnson hits the scale Friday.

For his part, "Rumble" insists the concern is far overblown.

"There's a lot of haters out there," Johnson said. "Everybody thinks I'm not going to make weight. I like that. That just keeps me motivated.

"All you haters, I welcome you. Keep doubting me. Keep coming. I need you in my life."

Johnson said he's been working with nutritionist P.R. Cole for this camp and anticipates no issues at Friday's weigh-ins. But with all of Johnson's past problems, Hardy finds it hard to believe there would be another.

And, of course, if there's a miss, Hardy does get a nice little bonus: part of Johnson's check.

"The Outlaw" said he couldn't care less.

"For his best interest, he's got to make weight," he said. "The fans are going to look down at him if he doesn't. Obviously, the UFC won't be happy with him, so the pressure's on him.

"I don't really care. Regardless what happens, I've trained 11 weeks for this fight, and it's going to happen."

Hardy, for one, can't wait to get back into the cage.

"Now, I'm in the hotel," he said. "I know he's here, and I know he's up for the fight. I'm switched on – I'm ready. I'm all Charlie Sheen'd out."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:18 pm