THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+10
payneNglory1
Mryzyz
Cowboys From Hell
KalDog
redmeanie77
2brutal
1972-casual
rudeboyben84
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
14 posters

Jon Jones - "I'm Alistair Overeem with better wrestling and better jiu-jitsu"

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Jon Jones - "I'm Alistair Overeem with better wrestling and better jiu-jitsu" - Page 2 Empty Re: Jon Jones - "I'm Alistair Overeem with better wrestling and better jiu-jitsu"

Post  efils_god Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:52 pm

pinsman wrote:Well for a start Anderson has fought and LHW many times and also showed an interest at fighting HW although the UFC aren't about to throw their most prized fighter in again guys twice his size. If Anderson wanted the LHW belts he could get it easily!

Randy did great in his exploits HW and LHW if were guna go into it like that though I feel Randy fought some weak opponents for some of his titles! But he did it a HW so I don't know what your getting at there mate?

And lastly why the hell would Cain fight at LHW when he kicks everyones ass at HW? The HW division like in boxing is the most exciting and talked about division in the world... and Jones should be there with his size.

I feel like you chatting some garbage yourself sonny jim...

Fine maybe not the best examples, but i think it's out of order to say Jones is a pussy and can't be one of the best just cos he is one of the bigger guys in his weight class.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Jon Jones - "I'm Alistair Overeem with better wrestling and better jiu-jitsu" - Page 2 Empty Re: Jon Jones - "I'm Alistair Overeem with better wrestling and better jiu-jitsu"

Post  pinsman Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:07 pm

ok ok! ill take back the pussy comment... Just the way he was comparing himself to overeem annoyed me thats all.

I just feel everyones swinging off this guys nuts already and hes not really beaten anyone yet... If im hounist I think Forrest Griffin would give Jones a good run for his money, Anderson would def beat him, evans may beat him, Machida would be a possible winner... Everyones talking like this guy is the next Fedor, he's been FAST TRACKED!!!
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Agree wi sheldan again here I sound like his no 1 fan tonight, but disagree re 2 3 years maybe 4 years lots of tough fights out there to clean up at lhw, not sure how anyone can say that jones would get destroyed by Anderson or anyone else fighting at lhw or below, I agree there are still a lot of questions re bones but give him credit he has practically embarrassed everyone he has fought
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:31 pm

pinsman wrote:ok ok! ill take back the pussy comment... Just the way he was comparing himself to overeem annoyed me thats all.

I just feel everyones swinging off this guys nuts already and hes not really beaten anyone yet... If im hounist I think Forrest Griffin would give Jones a good run for his money, Anderson would def beat him, evans may beat him, Machida would be a possible winner... Everyones talking like this guy is the next Fedor, he's been FAST TRACKED!!!

Yeah i'll also admit his over-confidence/cockiness did get to me a bit before the fight, but he has so far backed it up so we'll just have to wait and see how far he can go.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:26 pm

pinsman wrote:ok ok! ill take back the pussy comment... Just the way he was comparing himself to overeem annoyed me thats all.

I just feel everyones swinging off this guys nuts already and hes not really beaten anyone yet...If im hounist I think Forrest Griffin would give Jones a good run for his money, Anderson would def beat him, evans may beat him, Machida would be a possible winner... Everyones talking like this guy is the next Fedor, he's been FAST TRACKED!!!

I don't want to knock Reem as I think he could become a great HW and I do like him alot but come on,those comments are about as hypocritical as it can get,and deffinitely from the mouth of a huge nuthugger,your getting upset over the exact same things you are doing.

Jones has beat a higher caliber of LHW's than Reem has beat HW's,would you agree?
    I would also say that Reem has just as many threats towards him at HW as Bones has at LHW at the Moment,probably more.

you get annoyed and had an attack towards Jones because he responds to something Shogun says,about him having the advantage over Jones because he has already fought big guys in the past like diabate and Reem.

When he responded he didn't even say anything that was negative towards Reem,that's just you moaning because someone dared compare themselves to someone who's nuts you have an obvious tight grip on.

"And when he says he's fought Overeem? Me and Overeem have similarities in being tall. I think I'm taller than Overeem. I know that my arms are longer. I think my strength could match to Overeem to where Overeem was in that point in his career. I look at myself as an Overeem with better wrestling,(true)and better jiu-jitsu,(debatable) and (a) more unpredictable style.(completely true)

Then you go on with the next comment "I just feel everyones swinging off this guys nuts already and hes not really beaten anyone yet"

Who exactly are these great HW's that Reem has beaten,for you to be doing your best Tarzan impressions from his nutsack?

It sounds to me that you are more guilty of thinking that Reem is the next Fedor,than anything I've heard comparing Jones to him.

Jon Jones is the champ and the #1 LHW in the world,but he has still got alot of wins to get against top level competition before he can be put in the same category as some of the greats of the sport like Fedor,chuck,Wandi,shogun,Hughes etc

I think he's great but he's not a great yet.

Reem has yet to beat anyone in MMA's HW division,to be seriously called a champ yet,never mind being the #1 in the division.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:40 pm

I am a reem nut hugger ill admit it! Overeem has some good fights lined up for him over the coming year and if he gets through them then there is no denying his stature... Im mainly a big fan of Overeem away from MMA now though to be fair i'm more of a K1 fan than an MMA fan and prefer to see him doing well there! Overeem is an established fighter now he has been around for years!

My main argument is yes Jones may be a talent that will come good... but people saying no one can beat him is laughable hes been around for five frecking minutes!!! Hes got a really long way to go yet... and if he becomes a super star and dominant I will take back everything I have said.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:45 pm

pinsman wrote:but people saying no one can beat him is laughable hes been around for five frecking minutes!!!

I haven't seen anybody on here say that nobody can beat him, and if anybody has then they're foolish, nobody is unbeatable in this sport.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Nothing wrong being a nuthugger,everyone has favorites,some are just a bit more passionate about them than others.

I just found it funny,that the thing you were doing was what was upsetting you about another fighter.

people who say that anyone is unbeatable in MMA,shouldn't really be paid that much attention too.

I hope Reem wins the strikeforce Tourney and wish him well in his future,but as of yet he has done nothing to get excited about in the division,he already has losses against two guys that are in the Tourney and he's fighting one of them next,so we will see,how his HW record looks after that and maybe a bigfoot win hopefully..
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:53 pm

No ones directly said it but people are saying theres no one in the division that they think that can beat him...

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:24 pm

I think there's a difference between saying no-one can beat him, and saying you don't think those guys would beat him.

Look at it this way, obviously any of the top guys could beat him or any other on their day. That goes for Machida, Shogun, Rampage etc etc.

But if i was doing the predictor, for example, i'd pick Bones over each of them right now. That doesn't mean i think he's unbeatable, or that they couldn't beat him. I'd just pick him to beat them more often than not.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:06 pm