THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Alvarez and Edgar spar togeather

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Alvarez and Edgar spar togeather Empty Alvarez and Edgar spar togeather

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Alvarez and Edgar spar togeather Almeida_blog-3

Alvarez and Edgar spar togeather Almeida_blog-5

Alvarez and Edgar spar togeather Almeida_blog-6

Alvarez and Edgar spar togeather Almeida_blog-2

"We say that me & Frankie are both No. 1 in the world. There’s no conflict of interest. We have different goals. Frankie wants to be No. 1 in his promotion, the UFC. I want to be No. 1 in the world outside of the UFC. No. 1 out of all the other promotions. So we have no conflicting goals. We’re taking ourselves and separating ourselves from the pack. You’re going to have a whole lot of 155-pounders at one level, and we’re pushing each other to separate ourselves from the rest of them. As long as I’m not in UFC and going for the gold, and he’s not outside of the UFC, there’s no conflict of interest at all… I wouldn’t have a problem fighting Frankie, and I don’t think Frankie would have a problem fighting me. We fight each other every week, make each other better every week. If it came down to it and Dana [White] said, ‘Frankie we need you to fight this guy’, do I think Frankie would do it? I think Frankie would be for it and I’d be for it as long as the money was there. But I’m never going to say, ‘Frankie, I want your spot, I want your job.’ And I hope he never says that to me. There’s a ton of other guys out there for me to prove myself against."

Wow id love to see these two fight each other. Alvarez really is wasting his time in Bellator, they dont have the fgiths to offer him. I love the Bellator tournaments but I think they really dont have good fights for their champs.

Id love to know how people would see this fight going down? Both are very similar in style, I think Eddie is bigger and stronger and I think he packs more of a punch, Edgar is quicker and I think has the better chin, Although Maynard floored him about 4 times in their fight just off hand I think Eddie gets rocked most fights he is in! So standing I think it would be fairly even, Frankie has better wresting but Eddies subs are better...

A real close fight I reckon, I almost dont want to pick Alvarez because Edgar is so under rated still, I think its a pickem fight that Edgar is more likely to win if it doesnt go the distance and Edgar wins if it goes to the judges.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Alvarez and Edgar spar togeather Empty Re: Alvarez and Edgar spar togeather

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Alvarez looks huge next to Almeida & Edgar.

Would love to see Alvarez fight Edgar or any other Top LW a shame he is in Bellator just like Lombard there is no real Big Fights for him saying that Michael Channdler could give him fits If he wins the Tournament.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Edgar does not look like he belongs in the same weight class at all to Alvares, Frankie could really make 135lb if he had to.

Whats Alvares going to do now though? Who's he going to fight??
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Alvarez is one of a number of LW's who are better and above Edgar in the division.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:24 am