THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+13
manschesthair_utd
pinsman
payneNglory1
Mryzyz
superman_punch
ChelseaQuinsfan
Sheldan
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Cowboys From Hell
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
redmeanie77
2brutal
17 posters

Ufc live versus 3 review

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Ufc live versus 3 review - Page 3 Empty Re: Ufc live versus 3 review

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    2brutal wrote:kampman won

but you are right no rob i was just mad

anfield who rattled your cage know who i will be calling out next cup

You think you're ready to step up to the big leagues little man? This ain't 606 or Sherdog. And don't think that having the kid with the animals fetish agree with you in anyway strenghtens your case.

To whoever said I was "a bit harsh". You haven't seen me be harsh but if 2brutal wants to announce that he doesn't care what anyone thinks then I'm more than happy to inform him of the truth.

Payne, agree with you on Sanchez needing to go back to 155 but in Thiago and Kampmann he's faced two of the biggest WW in the UFC. Kampmann is a former MW. I think he should be at 155 though. With BJ staying at 170, Sanchez has a clear path to the 155 belt. He'd beat Maynard and destroy Edgar. His only match at 155 is Melendez.

Really agree 155 is Wide open for Diego, 170 is Madness and not just because he is small and tubby at 170.

BJ - Beat him
    Fitch - Beat him
    Kos - Beat him

The top end of the Weight class would all beat him again at 170 id say.

Florian is out of the picture now so guys like Siver, Guilard and Guida are contenders a win over one and he would put himself in line for the Edgar vs Maynard winner. Looking at Diaz vs Maynard fight I think Maynard is beatable for Diego but I think Edgar would do some damage on the feet.

Deigo fighting Guilard or Edgar or Siver or even Pearson... theres some great fights that wouldnt fail to get him FOTN bonus! Hope he moves back.
    --------------------------

After watching Bisping and Daley fight id like to throw this out for debate, I reckon Daley would spark Bisping at 185lbs. I dont Bispings Wrestling is good enough to keep Daley down for 15mins and I dont think he could hang with him at all on the feet.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:48 pm

Bisping v Daley?

No
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:59 pm

mikeyboybisping wrote:Bisping v Daley?

No

How you see it going mate? You look at a striker sort of similar to Bisping like Kampmann and see what Daley did to him.

I dont think there are many (If any!) 170 or 185ers who wouldnt stand with him. I know Bispings wrestling has come of a lot but I dont think he could stick to it long enough to stop Daley KOing him.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:20 am

Bisping would be too big for Daley, i'd expect him to hump him for 15mins. Can't see him wanting anything to do with Semtex standing, considering he's just a more versatile version of Hendo.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:37 am

I'd back Hardy to beat Bisping but like Axe said, bisping to hump daley for 15 minutes. Just too big for him and daley's takedown defence and ground game suck.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:39 am

Bisping would need to run, and go for takedowns to be able to get a decision, and that what he usually does sort of well.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:48 am

redmeanie77 wrote:

Bisping would need to run, and go for takedowns to be able to get a decision, and that what he usually does sort of well.

It worked against another heavy hitter in Leben, but he's never been that good. The two times Bispings tried to tap his way to a decision against a reknowned knockout artist he's failed. Smashed around and nearly stopped repeatedly by Wanderlei, and had his block well and truly knocked the f-ck off against Hendo.

Like i said previously, Semtex is just a much more versatile striker compared to those two, and probably just as powerful. If he tried to tickle and run against Daley, he'd find out whey he's known as Semtex, for sure.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Seems like a great card! I was away and my computer is fooked so haven't seen it yet.

Some interesting scores there.

Anyone see the Diabaté fight? 30-25?!

and what about Mizugaki? how did the 30-27 27-30 score come about?!
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:37 pm

efils_god wrote:Seems like a great card! I was away and my computer is fooked so haven't seen it yet.

Some interesting scores there.

Anyone see the Diabaté fight? 30-25?!

and what about Mizugaki? how did the 30-27 27-30 score come about?!

I saw the fight, I think the 30-25 was a bit harsh, Diabate did dominate and hurt Cantwell and many ocassions and should have probably finished the fight. But seeing how some people say that the last round in Fitch-Penn wasn't a 10-8, then there was no way that 2 of those Diabate rounds were 10-8.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:12 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    redmeanie77 wrote:

But not too shabby for a guy taking up such a tough fight in his debut with just 2 weeks notice, eh?

He didnt even have a fight scheduled somewhere else for him to have already been in training camp.

Also maybe judge his submission abilities when he does actually go for submisions Razz

i think he definitley looked the more tired towards the end, so yes... more preparation time would have benefitted him.
    2 ways to win a fight, KO and sub...if you are going to fight on the ground you have to try to pound him out or submit. If we are judging a a fighters submission abilities only when they go for submissions can we say crocop is a great submission fighter?? he has like a 100% success rate in submission attempts in the UFC. clown
    like i said he displayed some nice good ultimate ground control skills ...

Weidman:

“I just told myself if I was going to feel the rib at all, it’s going to be in the fight. I felt healthy, the rib didn’t bother me. With the body shots I felt it, but I pushed right through it.”

“In the corner they were like, ‘You’re doing great standing with the guy.’ I felt his best shots and I wasn’t going anywhere. I hadn’t done sparring or wrestling, so timing was way off, especially in the first round. My first two takedown attempts, I don’t even know if you can call them that. I was throwing a punch and thinking of a takedown at same time. I was all over the place.”

“My last fight before this was three weeks’ notice and Sakara was two weeks’ notice, so I’m looking forward to a full camp and showing off what I can really do out there.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:12 am