THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+13
manschesthair_utd
pinsman
payneNglory1
Mryzyz
superman_punch
ChelseaQuinsfan
Sheldan
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Cowboys From Hell
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
redmeanie77
2brutal
17 posters

Ufc live versus 3 review

superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Ufc live versus 3 review - Page 2 Empty Re: Ufc live versus 3 review

Post  superman_punch Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Joe daddy surely to be heading for the exit, there's always the chance he could stack on some weight and face Batista in BAMMA.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Sanchez - Cotto ?????
    Ufc live versus 3 review - Page 2 Method=get&rs=164&q=75&x=7&y=1&w=661&h=461&ro=0&s=diego-sanchez

Sanchez - Cotto ?????
    Ufc live versus 3 review - Page 2 Cotto576368

sorry got a picture of Cotto and Vargas wrapped around my neck,started looking for a fat vargas,then I was looking for a picture of vargas,from when Del a Hoya messed him up and that Cotto one came up and I thought that was a closer looking picture to the Diego one,so used that but still had vargas in my head Rolling Eyes

so then the mid rift of an out of shape Vargas and the battered face of cotto

Hows tricks Anfield ?

Yeah Kampmann was a MW,but I still don't think he's one of the biggest WW's in the division is he,i could be wrong.

And with Diego's last two wins,it's took two very unlikely nearly miraculous comebacks to get them though,(and to be fair they are not exactly your GSP's,Fitch,Sheilds,Alves's and we have seen how he did against BJ and Kos in the past)not taking anything away from Diego,he had the heart and will to do it,so i'm not trying to discredit those wins,but all the same,Thiago was dominating him in the 1st rd and then gassed and from last nights fight,I think if Kampmann would of circled more and kept his back off the cage,he'd of had quite an easy night,Diego won last night but I'd back Kampmann in a rematch after watching that.

Last edited by payneNglory1 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got vargas and cotto wrapped around my neck)
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Diego did look a bit tubby, he's a title challenger at welterweight but I'd rather see him at lightweight. I'd back him to beat either Edgar or Maynard.

I'm a big fan of Diego and have got a lot of time for Kampmann as well so I was looking forward to this fight. Needless to say it didn't dissapoint. Kampmann clearly won the first and for the first minute and a half or so of the second it didn't look like Diego could get into the fight. However, when Diego upped the pressure and cut Kampmann above his eye the fight changed. Personally I scored two and three in Diego's favour as his aggresion dictated the pattern of the rest of the fight. His flurries moved Kampmann out from the centre of the octagon and backed him up against the fence where Diego was able to land his better shots.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Payne that second picture is of Miguel Cotto.

I think Diego would give Fitch and Kos a much better fight if they met again but he'd need to be in better shape. I think Alves would beat him and GSP and Penn are both going to beat him any time but I think he can do well in the division.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:30 pm

I don't understand how being aggressive wins you a fight in which yout get beat up and shown to be inferior in every aspect.

Somebody, please explain.

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:45 pm

Mryzyz wrote:I don't understand how being aggressive wins you a fight in which yout get beat up and shown to be inferior in every aspect.

Somebody, please explain.

it doesnt. if you read my post i said the striking was close overall...aggression was the difference.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:24 am

payne good article, and thanks was a close one,good luck in the cup

anfield you do amuse me little man thats good i am little ive been dieting ask superman punch so thanks for noticing

and big leagues ive been watching mma for along time just because i only started posting on here recently doesnt mean anything do you not think there are people who have more knowledge on the sport than any of us who do not even chat on these things,

and bbc was the only site us government workers could use at work

anyway im sure we will hook up in the next cup draw and we will see who tops who in the league come end of the season.

ps mryzyz cracks me up so go easy on him as well

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Government employee.

Get back to work and stop wasting peoples taxes posting on MMA websites.

And yes, little man, this is the big leagues. We operate a strict no retard policy. There are people who know loads about MMA that don't post on MMA boards. But do they know more than chesty, ben, payne, myself and the other armbar members?. I don't think there's many people around that can match the collective knowledge possessed on this site.

I can go easy on you, or on pigeon boy. Your choice.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:42 pm

we have lunch breaks my friends

i was going to use the obvious joke of how are you on here if there is a no retard policy but ooops

Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:56 pm

I can't find any formal mention of this 'no retard' policy. And if there was one it would have to be 'no retards' anyhow.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:01 pm

2brutal you're in over your head here mate, you can be the Bitchping of the armbar if you wan't, Anfield can be Hendo, or Vitor, or Sonnen, or any other top ranked MW drunken

I find it sad you're all still not giving Frankie Edgar the credit he deserves. Diego would not 'run through him' as some of you have put it, not at all. He'd either pick Diego apart like he did to BJ and Maynard, or outgrapple him like he did to, erm... BJ, oh and Maynard.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:05 pm

BJ beat him the first time and Maynard beat him easily. 48-44 given the beatdown in the first round. Edgar is the luckiest man in MMA. How the UFC can claim to be the organization with all the top fighters when a guy who's not even top 5 in the division holds their belt is beyond me. Sanchez would destroy him.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Just once could you please leave all your blinded views behind and have a discussion when you actually don't badmouth or belittle a fighters achievements.

The first BJ fight was close, close enough to go either but Edgar got the nod. Not luck, just the way it goes, both men deserved a win that night.

The second fight he absolutely destroyed him.

The Maynard fight he got caught and pounded on for all of about 4 minutes, that he survived that one round, never mind keep the next four rounds competitive is incredible, let alone actually winning some of them in many peoples eyes.

He deserves respect, and you just seem to struggle respecting any fighter. I can understand if we were speaking about Bisping, but a respectful, hardworking guy like Edgar deserves better mate, come on.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Name me any fighter and I will give you an Anfield style rant about how he is rubbish and will get obliterated by so and so.

If you don't need to use sound logic, or can just state assumptions as though they are facts, it is remarkably easy.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Careful Axe...

After seeing the fight against Maynard, I think Edgar showed he was the better fighter honestly. He was rocked once badly in the first round and didn't fully recover for the rest of the round. But after that he won 3 of the next 4 rounds even after not being 100%. Had Maynard dropped Edgar that early into the first round, I think Edgar would have been the clear winner.

And I'm not sure why the first BJ fight was a robbery in your eyes. Especially when you think Machida beat Shogun and Sanchez beat Kampmann. What I mean by that is that they were similar fights IMO. BJ, Shogun and Kampmann all might have landed more strikes, but in the judges eyes there opponents landed the more telling shots. Edgar did a lot more damage than BJ did and landed much better shots. I think it was a very close fight that could have gone either way. Just like Machida vs Shogun I. One fighter has to win, it was Edgar and Machida given the edge. Why is Edgar lucky and Machida not?

I'm not sure why you dislike Edgar so much, he seems like a good, hard working guy and he deserves respect for fighting at LW despite being a natural FW.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Great event! Did anyone get a video the the Palahres fight? I dont think Kampmann was robbed, honestly either man getting a 29-28 and I dont think either could complain it was a pretty close fight... I didnt like the look at the state of his face arguement! Laughing

Honestly you have to remember that the judges dont get a clear a view as us at home so when Diego was windmilling into him with Combos that hit the arms and gloves its hard for them to see whats landing cleanly so they do tend to score wreckless agression.

Munoz is a bad ass he really turned CB's lights out, stoppage was 100% fair I reckon, he could be a contender with Wrestling that level and that sort of KO power, hope he gets a higher ranked opponent next time out.

Bowles might be the next contender after beating Page again, If Torres wins at 128 I would love to see them in a number 1 contenders fight.

Diabaté is a beast and a real likeable fighter, Joe rogan just came across as blood thirsty willing on so many fighters to finish, He said something like the snake needed to put himself in danger to get the finish! I dont get why! Good showing, Id love to see him fight someone like T.Silva or Vera if Vera comes back to the UFC. Anyone who would stand with him, he would give Rampage all sorts of trouble standing I reckon.

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Vera v Diabete would be quality.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:24 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Careful Axe...

After seeing the fight against Maynard, I think Edgar showed he was the better fighter honestly. He was rocked once badly in the first round and didn't fully recover for the rest of the round. But after that he won 3 of the next 4 rounds even after not being 100%. Had Maynard dropped Edgar that early into the first round, I think Edgar would have been the clear winner.

And I'm not sure why the first BJ fight was a robbery in your eyes. Especially when you think Machida beat Shogun and Sanchez beat Kampmann. What I mean by that is that they were similar fights IMO. BJ, Shogun and Kampmann all might have landed more strikes, but in the judges eyes there opponents landed the more telling shots. Edgar did a lot more damage than BJ did and landed much better shots. I think it was a very close fight that could have gone either way. Just like Machida vs Shogun I. One fighter has to win, it was Edgar and Machida given the edge. Why is Edgar lucky and Machida not?

I'm not sure why you dislike Edgar so much, he seems like a good, hard working guy and he deserves respect for fighting at LW despite being a natural FW.

Machida had one close fight which he was giving the decision in. Edgar lost clearly twice but was gifted a win and a draw.

Sanchez was given a close decision that could have gone either way, but again that's not what happened with Edgar.

Edgar did, as Axe says, win a couple of rounds. He won 2 rounds. Out of 5. So he lost on rounds and since the first was at 10-6, or at best for Edgar a 10-7, it shouldn't have been close. Even if you give Edgar 3 rounds he still lost. Maynard showed he's the better fighter and he'll show it again in the rematch.

Penn landed the bigger and better shots against Edgar. Penn cuts and swells easier than Edgar. That doesn't prove anything. Chael Sonnen beat the shit out of Anderson Silva in their fight, but after it he looked far worse. Same goes for Sonnen vs Nate. Some people cut and swell easy, some don't. Penn having a bit of swelling doesn't change the fact he won the fight.

Edgar's a hard working guy. Who cares. He's been gifted his title and gifted two decisions in fights he lost. I'm not saying he's a dickhead. I'm saying he's hugely over-rated and not one of the top 5 LW's in the world. Maynard is going to smash him in the rematch. Then he can drop to FW and get kicked to pieces by Aldo.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Mryzyz wrote:Name me any fighter and I will give you an Anfield style rant about how he is rubbish and will get obliterated by so and so.

If you don't need to use sound logic, or can just state assumptions as though they are facts, it is remarkably easy.

Shouldn't you be off wanking over a video of two frogs sitting on a lillipad?
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:23 pm

No. I have no obligation or volition. You have obviously committed some gross error of judgement.
    How embarrassing for you. I'll let it pass, water under the bridge, I hope you stop and think a bit longer in future.
    And it is spelled 'lillypad', just so you know.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:51 pm

no sign of the palhares fight anywhere
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:53 pm

Fuck off back to Youtube. I hear there's a new series of videos being released on the mating rituals of pigeons. Should be fascinating for you.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:10 pm

Where the hell would you hear something like that?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Wouldn't you like to know sicko!
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:37 pm

Yes. Yes I would. Where exactly were you and what were you doing when you heard about 'a new series of videos being released on the mating rituals of pigeons'?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:39 am