THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+13
manschesthair_utd
pinsman
payneNglory1
Mryzyz
superman_punch
ChelseaQuinsfan
Sheldan
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Cowboys From Hell
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
redmeanie77
2brutal
17 posters

Ufc live versus 3 review

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Ufc live versus 3 review Empty Ufc live versus 3 review

Post  2brutal Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am

What a card some amazing fights and finishes,

However I was Robbed kampan won that fight no doubt about is shocking decision.

That moan aside a great fight and Sanchez showed amazing will to win and hats off to him for another amazing comeback win, even if it did knock me out of the cup and down the league.

Diego the dream bar Sanchez should be his nickname I would say he was as fat in that fight as he was in the middleweight sere is 1 tuf final against florian, when you look fatter than bj at welterweight you know it's time to have a look at yourself.

Munoz big power cb was in no fit state fair stoppage his eyes were all over the place,

Great debut for weidman he did not look out of place in the stand up against a former pro boxer and his wrestling was very strong after round 1

Bowles was impressive and a Touch of class telling the ref that damacio was snoring in his ear.

Nice finish from pokrajac
    And ko from roller after being rocked big time in round 1 was impressive to say the least

Not seen the rest yet

But as scripted by most stoppages for yang and diabetes and sub from palhares

Once again awesome card and once again kampman won that fight
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Ufc live versus 3 review Empty Re: Ufc live versus 3 review

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:46 am

I thought Diego won rd 2 and 3, but i still think he should drop down to LW as he looked to be carrying alot of fat around. The fans were the real winners of this though as that fight was incredible.

Munoz looked good, though CB is a threat to anyone with not as accomplished wrestling credentials as Munoz.

Weidman takes a huge step forward, he acepts a fight with a very tough opponent on 2 weeks notice and dominates him for 3 rounds, and gives him a real beating for 15 mins. Im not too worried by him not finishing as he would have been at 100% at all for this fight. He's going to do very well im sure. Was also impressive to see that he could hang in there standing up with Sakara and even got the better of Sakara at many times in striking.

Bowles gets a good sub after weathering early storm, Roller pulled a rabbit out of the hat, Joe Daddy lost again and will probably be cut.

Palhares subbed Branch with a kneebar, affraid This guy is an absolute with submissions, Branch is a high level blackbelt, i hope we see him and Maia next or hopefully Bisping. He will literaly tear his leg off.

I didnt see Diabate fight, but 30-25??? I got to see it.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:24 pm

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Can you watch the prelims on facebook now or only live?

Want to see some of the other fights also anyone no where we can see pal hares knee bar he loves it
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:11 pm

You can still watch them on facebook now mate; https://www.facebook.com/UFC?sk=app_4949752878

Sanchez- Kampmann fight was incredible, like a technical version of Garcia- Jung! bounce
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Ta Nucky

Good call re the Korean zombie fight

Kampman won that fight I don't care what you all say
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:57 pm

The main event of the UFC on Versus 3 Fight Card, which took place on Thursday, March 3rd at Louisville, Kentucky's KFC Yum! Center, was a welterweight bout between Diego "Dream" Sanchez and Martin "Hitman" Kampmann.

Sanchez entered the Octagon with an angry look etched on his face while Kampmann appeared relaxed and ready to fight.

When the fight began Kampmann scored first, dropping Sanchez with a strong punch. The rest of the round belonged to Kampmann as well, as he thwarted all five of Sanchez's takedown attempts.

By the end of the round, the Compustrike stats revealed that Kampmann had landed 30 strikes to Sanchez's eight. The discrepancy in striking totals was also visible on the face of Sanchez which was bloodied and starting to bruise as the first round ended.

During the first round Kampmann used precision striking to score his points. He was put off his game in the second round when he engaged Sanchez in a straight up slugfest. Sanchez was able to rock Kampmann and briefly buckle his knees, but in the end Kampmann again landed more strikes than Sanchez, 33 to 18 and stuffed all seven of Sanchez's takedown attempts.

The third round was much like the second with Kampmann engaging in Sanchez's brawling style, but again Kampmann got the best of the exchanges, landing 34 strikes to Sanchez's 19. Sanchez was finally able to sink a takedown in the third round, but Kampmann's time on the ground was brief.

How did you score it?

Sanchez wins
    25.9%
    Kampmann wins
    69.0%
    Draw
    5.2%
    Total votes: 58
    If the numbers were not enough to show that Kampmann had won the fight a look at the fighter's faces told the tale. Sanchez stood in the center of the Octagon with blood running down his chest from the cuts on his battered face. How he could see through his swollen eyes was a mystery.

When the unamious decision (29-28) was awarded to Sanchez the crowd voiced their displeasure, booing the decison.

All told the Compustrike stats looked like this:

Kampmann:

Strikes landed: 97

Power strikes landed: 50

Takedowns stopped: 14

Sanchez:

Strikes landed: 45

Power strikes landed: 39

Takedowns completed: 1

Was Sanchez the recipient of a "Leonard Garcia Win," when a fighter goes in, swings wildly and fails to connect but impresses the judges with the appearance of doing damage?

For his part, Kampmann told Joe Rogan that he too thought he won the fight, and then added that he was fairly sure he broke his right hand during the third round.

This was the second controversial decision that Kampmann has been on the losing end of. He dropped a split decision to Jake Shields at UFC 121.

One person who felt that Sanchez won the fight was Dana White, who posted the following on twitter, "Diego won that fight for sure! Wow!!!"
    Dana gets it wrong again
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:51 pm

2brutal wrote:Ta Nucky

Nor does anyone care what you say. He lost the fight. Wasn't a controversial decision. Kampmann won round 1. Sanchez 2 and 3.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Pretty good show made some money thanks to the Main card Results Smile

Watching The Kampmann vs Sanchez fight I can see why It was given to Sanchez due to his agression and constant preasure but It was pretty obvious Kampmann was landing the far cleaner and meaningful shots which surely should mean more in terms of judging the fight I had Kampmann winning 29-28 but the 2nd round was a toss up certainly no robbery It was a close fight.
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:40 pm

No wonder another Jackson camp fighter won a decsion this guy has been training them.

Ufc live versus 3 review Hypnotoad

Jackson camp getting some gifts recently.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:

Nor does anyone care what you say. He lost the fight. Wasn't a controversial decision. Kampmann won round 1. Sanchez 2 and 3.

Bit harsh, he's entitled to his opinion, I had the fight 29-28 for Sanchez but it was a close fight, if it had gone to Kampmann I wouldn't have been suprised. Sanchez was pushing the pace and was the more aggresive of the two but Kampmann stuffed 14 out of 15 takedown attempts and landed the much crisper shots. Both CompuStrike and FightMetric gave Kampmann the fight as well, so you can't say that Sanchez won the fight outright, it was very close.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Bit harsh, he's entitled to his opinion, I had the fight 29-28 for Sanchez but it was a close fight, if it had gone to Kampmann I wouldn't have been suprised. Sanchez was pushing the pace and was the more aggresive of the two but Kampmann stuffed 14 out of 15 takedown attempts and landed the much crisper shots. Both CompuStrike and FightMetric gave Kampmann the fight as well, so you can't say that Sanchez won the fight outright, it was very close.

Bit Harsh? This is Anfield in a good mood, you can expect a lot harsher if you piss him off too much, trust me, I know from personal experience Laughing

I agree with the rest though. Very close fight.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:50 pm

kampman won

but you are right no rob i was just mad

anfield who rattled your cage know who i will be calling out next cup
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:07 pm

I thought it was a great card one of the most exciting events of recent times.

The main event was great and Diego's face was a straight up train wreck. He looked like John merrick had fallen face first into his tomato soup when they were reading out the decision. It was such a close fight in certain aspects but others like is shown via computerstrike shows one clear winner and that was kampman.

Either way it was a war. Impressed with weidman as sakara is a tough welcome to the ufc.

Sorry anfield5thking for the probable spelling mistake in your name but also for my cup heroics. I'm on a tear at the moment until they get the drug testers round after my sleep over with James Irvin and Chael Sonnen I'm bound to have absorbed some of there PEDS. Overeem couldn't make it he already had a prior Engagement.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Kampmann won. It wasn't even close.

The only way you could score this fight to Sanchez is if it was a takedown contest. If so, 1-0 Sanchez.

Otherwise, Kampmann landed more strikes in every round, hurt Diego more in every round, outgrappled him in every round and did a hell of a lot more damage in every round.

Even in the brief moments Kampmann was backed up against the cage, Kampmann was outlanding Sanchez and doing the most damage.

This was reminiscent of Garcia-Pham. The judges couldn't tell thd difference between walking forward, punching your opponents elbows and missing with the occasional wild shot, whilst eating simple straights over and over and getting bust up but being generally 'agressive'...

and winning the fight.

Instant rematch. Even if you disagree and think Sanchez won(and are somehow using a braille computer)... why not have another 3 rounds of that?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:21 pm

The judges really dont get as good a view as we do on our HD tv screens. They are not allowed monitors and they all sit next to each other on one side of the cage, with their heads raised up looking through the cage.

It really isnt a great view at all, how often do you see Dana in the backround watching the fight in his montior rather than watching through the cage?

Add in the fact the crowd go ballistic when a fighter like Sanchez moves forward throwing wild hatmakers that judges barely see can land or not........ it definatly influences their judging.

Kampmann did tag Diego alot when he was coming forward with good clean fast strikes but Diego never really looked hurt at all, and took these shots while still coming forward. Kampmann on the other hand looked hurt a few times when Diego landed, and his legs did nearly give out from underneath him in the 2nd round and possibly also the 3rd.

A good example of this was in the 3rd round, when Diego was coming forward swinging wildly, and all of a sudden out of no where his face turned turned into a bloodbath, you dont actually see how it happened in the exchanges, i think it had to do with Diego just being an absolute beast in amount of punishment he can take.

After watching the fight again, and looking at the stats, its clear that Kampmann landed more strikes and caused more damage, and should be very unlucky to come away with loss.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:25 pm

Great night of fights,thoroughly enjoyed the whole card.

Feel like a lucky lad this mourning though,to be holding a lead over 2brutal.(great group of predictions 2brutal mate)

I only got 2 fights wrong,and am lucky to still be in contention this rd.

I picked Sanchez for the UD win and was over the moon when he actually got it,,but feel he was lucky to get the decision to be honest.

I can see why the judges would give Diego the decision,so don't feel it was a complete robbery,he was the one pushing the fight and forcing the action in rds 2 and 3,landed a few bid shots and got the takedown(eventually)but to be honest I don't think that's what should of won the fight,I think Kampmanns cleaner more accurate strikes should of meant more to the judges than Diegos wild pressure,but hey ho,a great fight and I got 40 much needed pts for it Laughing.

This is why I feel very lucky to be holding a lead over 2brutal,that was 40 pts I had over him,but still only managed to finish the night with a 5 pt lead,would of been dead and buried and out of the cup,if diego hadn't got that decision.

Instead of the defending champ getting maybe a buy or an easy start to this years cup,Gins trying to put me through the ringer(look if you want others to claim the prizes,just say so mate Razz ),2nd and 3rd place back to back in the 1st two rds of the cup Suspect Razz

anyway my run down on the fights

Couldn't get the Facebook fights to work on my lap top,so didn't see them,but with Diabate scoring a 30-25,I definitely need to watch that fight.

Damacio - Bowles fight didn't last long but was great while it lasted,Page set the pace by coming straight at Bowles,throwing some wild bombs and hard leg shots,but Bowles handled the pressure great by using slick movement and replying with a few good shots of his own,then when Page threw another big kick,bowles caught it,landed a clean straight punch and followed Page down to the matt,where he sunk in a lovely guillotine choke.
    A high paced,fun 3 and a half minutes of action,with a great performance and finish from Bowles.

The Pokrajac - Brown fight started slow,with Brown clinching everytime it looked like they were going to trade,couldn't really blame him though,because everytime they did start to trade,it soon became clear to me that Pokrajac was going to hurt him in that game,and that's exactly what happened,Pokrajac soon lands a big kick to the head of Brown that he partially blocks,but you could see he was still stunned from it,Pokrajac landed another big clean shot and then came that fucking vicious knee to the head of brown,that was a nasty shot,Pokrajac started raining down bombs but the rd ended,but it didn't matter,brown was done by that knee and couldn't get up to get back to his corner.

Good solid performance by Pokrajac against a poor Brown,that was a knee that any fighter would be proud of,but I'm not sold on him really,and can't think of many UFC LHW's that I'd back him against to be honest.

Weildman is a star,extremely impressed with that debut.
    It was obvious his wrestling was going to be good,but it was his composure he showed that impressed me,he never once panicked or tried to force something that wasn't there,he fought with a cool head and showed to me that he has the smarts of a fighter with 10 times the experience he has.
    He also wasn't completely out of his league in a striking battle with a seasoned striker,infact many a time he actually got the better of some exchanges,then when Weidman finally managed to get the fight where he wanted it,on the ground in the second,well it was nearly all one way traffic for the rest of the fight and weidman started making a mess of sakara's face,that one elbow in the second was nasty,it opened up a big cut(thought it was great when sakara wiped his head on the refs shirt and said come on lets get on with it Laughing )
    Even though I thought sakara lost every rd,the last two convincingly,I was still impressed with him and thought he did more than his part in making this a really good fight to watch.
    I'd like Sakara to get that Jorge fight next and put a beating on him.

CB looked really good to start their fight,infact once he grabbed Munoz's neck,I thought he was going to cinch in the choke quickly,but munoz did a good job of grabbing his wrists straight away.
    That was a lovely straight shot from Munoz,the boy sure packs some power,I thought at first the stoppage was quick,but to be fair,Rogan was right,CB's eyes where staring into nowhere in the replay,he was definitely out.

I did not see Roller winning the Tavares fight after the first rd,Tavares looked like he was toying with his pray and was just stalking Roller in the first rd,especially after he rocked Roller early on.
    Tavares looked like he was still in control at the start of the second,I thought it was just a matter of time before he caught Roller again and then fucking wham,out of nowhere,Roller throws a pawing left hand out,immediately followed by a devastating right bomb straight down the pipe and bingo tavares is out,Roller landed a few finishing shots while tavares was on his back,but they were unneeded,Tavares was KTFO from that right.
    Brilliant shock value KO.

Alot of debate on the main event,but like I said earlier,if I was judging it,I think I would of awarded the fight to Kampmann for his cleaner,more accurate striking,but I can see why some judges would of awarded the last two rds to Diego,because he was the one pushing the action,he looked quite successful in some of the exchanges,he missed most of his shots in them but the judges surely saw Kampmann stumble twice,when one did land and he finally completed a takedown,so those things i bet had a big influence on how the judges scored those last two rds.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:26 pm

I need to watch this fight... and the KNEE BAR!
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:32 pm

finaly i was starting to think i was going blind good shout mryzyz i agree 100 %
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Just to add,I still want to see Diego go back to 155,he looked flabby around the mid section last night,he reminded me of a an out of shape Fernando Vargas.
    I know he needs the added weight to help out his wrestling at 170,but it's clear he's still to small to compete with the top end 170 wrestlers in this division,Kampmanns is around a top end 170 guy no doubt,but he's not a huge one and he's not even a wrestler and Diego didn't look close to even budging Kampmann on some of those takedown attempts.

I still believe he can be a beast at 155,with a good chance at winning the title,but I can't see him ever getting near the top of the 170 division.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:49 pm

2brutal wrote:kampman won

but you are right no rob i was just mad

anfield who rattled your cage know who i will be calling out next cup

You think you're ready to step up to the big leagues little man? This ain't 606 or Sherdog. And don't think that having the kid with the animals fetish agree with you in anyway strenghtens your case.

To whoever said I was "a bit harsh". You haven't seen me be harsh but if 2brutal wants to announce that he doesn't care what anyone thinks then I'm more than happy to inform him of the truth.

Payne, agree with you on Sanchez needing to go back to 155 but in Thiago and Kampmann he's faced two of the biggest WW in the UFC. Kampmann is a former MW. I think he should be at 155 though. With BJ staying at 170, Sanchez has a clear path to the 155 belt. He'd beat Maynard and destroy Edgar. His only match at 155 is Melendez.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Diego won the fight....Kampmann was defending against Diego for most of the fight, and i think Overall the striking was close.
    Agression counts also so i score the fight for Diego...add in the fact that he ended the fight well, which is much more important than the start.

Munoz looked great in striking, and he escaped the grappling battle with Dolloway well...nice to see him get a more rounded attack then just groud and pound fighter.

Not at all impressed by Weidman, considering his hype he really struggled to get a non-wrestling journeyman in Sakara to the ground.
    Once on the ground he was not close to knocking him out or submitting him.
    His striking looked very slow and weak compared to Sakara (who i admit is fast and powerful striker rabbit )

still i think his smothering skills are good, he will have a long and illustriously boring career in the UFC.

Pokrajac is a journey man who beat a guy i never heard of, looked good...dont care about a potential tito fight.

Nice to see Bowles win...feel bad for Tavares he was looking great.

forgot there were online fights too Sad
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:54 pm

But not too shabby for a guy taking up such a tough fight in his debut with just 2 weeks notice, eh?

He didnt even have a fight scheduled somewhere else for him to have already been in training camp.

Also maybe judge his submission abilities when he does actually go for submisions Razz
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Joe Daddy to get cut?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:03 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

But not too shabby for a guy taking up such a tough fight in his debut with just 2 weeks notice, eh?

He didnt even have a fight scheduled somewhere else for him to have already been in training camp.

Also maybe judge his submission abilities when he does actually go for submisions Razz

i think he definitley looked the more tired towards the end, so yes... more preparation time would have benefitted him.
    2 ways to win a fight, KO and sub...if you are going to fight on the ground you have to try to pound him out or submit. If we are judging a a fighters submission abilities only when they go for submissions can we say crocop is a great submission fighter?? he has like a 100% success rate in submission attempts in the UFC. clown
    like i said he displayed some nice good ultimate ground control skills ...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:42 pm