THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Kenny Florian V Diego Nunes Possible For UFC 131

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Kenny Florian V Diego Nunes Possible For UFC 131 Empty Kenny Florian V Diego Nunes Possible For UFC 131

Post  Sheldan Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Kenny Florian V Diego Nunes is set to take place at UFC 131. Tough fight for Kenny, Nunes is a well rounded fighter and is coming off a win against Mike Brown. He hasn't really shown many chinks in his armour so far in his career, with his only loss being to LC Davis, who used his superior wrestling to take Nunes down on multiple occasions, something Kenny has been victim to as well. With a win here i'd expect Kenny to get Aldo, possibly at the UFC event in Brazil depending on how healthy he is after the fight. But it will be a tough fight for Kenny. It all depends on how drained he is from the weight cut to Featherweight.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Kenny Florian V Diego Nunes Possible For UFC 131 Empty Re: Kenny Florian V Diego Nunes Possible For UFC 131

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:41 pm

I think Kenny's a different class of fighter to Nunes personally,and I think he will take this fight comfortably.(As long as he doesn't suffer to much from the cut obviously)

I'm not underplaying Nunes's skills,I like him as a fighter,but facing and squeaking past fighters like Brown,Toner and Assuncao is a totally different proposition,to facing a guy on Kenny's level IMO.

My prediction will be that Kenny beats him up quite comfortably,standing in the 1st rd and then chokes him out half way through the second.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Kenny Florian V Diego Nunes Possible For UFC 131 Empty Re: Kenny Florian V Diego Nunes Possible For UFC 131

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:15 am

Nunes looked amazing in his last fight, this is not an easy fight for Florian.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:02 am