THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Santiago heading to Strikeforce or UFC.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Santiago heading to Strikeforce or UFC. Empty Santiago heading to Strikeforce or UFC.

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:04 pm

From MMAFighting.com

Santiago heading to Strikeforce or UFC. Susumu24

Sengoku middleweight champion Jorge Santiago has been granted his release by the organization, MMA Fighting has learned from sources close to the promotion.

Santiago's manager Malki Kawa of Authentic Sports Management wouldn't confirm or deny that Santiago is now a free agent when reached for comment, but additional sources say Santiago is looking to sign imminently with a major North American promotion.

The 23-8 fighter won the Sengoku middleweight title in January 2009, defeating Kazuo Misaki via technical submission. In August, he defeated Misaki again in a fight many consider to be the best of 2010.

The American Top Team member made his promotional debut in May 2008. He has also competed for Strikeforce and the UFC. In fact, he won a Strikeforce middleweight grand prix in 2007.

When a fan told Santiago on Twitter that they wanted to see him fight Strikeforce fighters "Jacare" Sousa, "Mayhem" Miller and Robbie Lawler, he replied, "I hope that happen too bro....Let's see it."

Good to see Santiago finally retuning to the States He is easily one of the most exciting fighters in MMA and always goes for broke on the other hand this is a huge blow to Sengokuand maybe a sign that the Promotion is down scaling or in the process of winding down. Sad
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Santiago heading to Strikeforce or UFC. Empty Re: Santiago heading to Strikeforce or UFC.

Post  Shanemc Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:15 pm

i think this is good news some good fights in either promotion for him
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Santiago heading to Strikeforce or UFC. Empty Re: Santiago heading to Strikeforce or UFC.

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:05 pm

apart from very suspect chin he is a real talent.
    he already won the strikeforce middleweight tournament, i can defo see strikeforce looking to sign him and add depth to the division.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:25 am

SF would be good, cos then we might get to see him in KSW too (a la Lindland) and have Santiago-Khalidov III Twisted Evil
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:17 pm

IamFluffykins wrote:SF would be good, cos then we might get to see him in KSW too (a la Lindland) and have Santiago-Khalidov III Twisted Evil

It would be nice to see a trilogy the 2nd fight was pretty close It would be a great fight for Strikeforce, I'm still amazed Lindland is taking the Khalidov fight.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:31 pm

if mamed fights like he did with ryuta-khalidov I guess it's winnable for Lindland but yeah he's probably just going to get KOd again. I heard Tom Watson wanted that fight, thatd probably have been more competitive.

Wouldnt mind it too much if Santiago signed with Bellator for a "super fight" with Lombard

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:43 am