THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
manschesthair_utd
the_king
6 posters

Is Lesnar heading back to WWE?

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Is Lesnar heading back to WWE? Empty Is Lesnar heading back to WWE?

Post  the_king Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Rumors are swirling around the Internet this morning about the future of former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar after a "confrontation" between Lesnar and World Wrestling Entertainment superstar The Undertaker was capttured on tape.

As you can see in the video, MMAFighting.com reporter Ariel Helwani caught up with The Undertaker right after the fight, and in the middle of the interview Lesnar, who was leaving the cageside area, walked by The Undertaker. Taker proceeded to give Lesnar the evil eye and ask "do you wanna do it?"

Lesnar walked off, and Helwani tried to continue the interview, asking Undertaker what he just said to Lesnar. "It's kind of a personal thing," Undertaker responded.

Helwani pressed him further, asking if they were "cool" and he responded again "it's personal."

On his podcast last night, Yahoo! Sports MMA reporter and pioneer wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer reported that Vince McMahon is attempting to put together a match between The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar for the next Wrestlemania. "What I can tell you is there is no deal for that match, but (The WWE) do want that match," Meltzer reported.

"Obviously Brock has been contacted," Meltzer continued.

Melzter says that Lesnar would not be able to do the match with his current UFC contract.

When asked by Helwani about the confrontation, UFC President Dana White said he knew nothing about it and had not heard that WWE was interested in bringing Lesnar back. White told Helwani that he found it hard to believe that Lesnar would be interested in going back to WWE.

White told reporters at the press conference that he and Lesnar had been fighting a lot over the past month.

Lesnar signed with the WWE right out of college. He walked away from a long-term contract, estimated to be worth $1 million a year, in 2004. After failing to make the Minnesota Vikings after a tryout in 2005, Lesnar briefly considered for a return to WWE but eventually withdrew from negotiations. Lesnar then sued the WWE in an attempt to be released from the 10-year no-compete agreement he signed with WWE to secure his release. Eventually both sides settled out of court, paving the way for Lesnar to enter the UFC
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Is Lesnar heading back to WWE? Empty Re: Is Lesnar heading back to WWE?

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:57 pm

does anyone else think deep down he is still in WWE mode and this is whats costing him fights??

i mean take the first Mir fight...he was doing so well until the attempted sharpshooter, and against Cain he was hanging in there until he decided to do a spineroonie!!! ala Booker T. afro
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:09 pm

Is WWE still big business? Not trying to be controvertial, just never taken much of an interest. I've heard of the Undertaker, would there be the cash to draw Lesnar back to it?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:45 pm

He's never been enough of a draw in the WWE to make the sort of money he would want to go back to the WWE schedule.John Cena makes about 3 million dollars a year as the WWE's biggest drawing star right now and performs 150 to 200 nights a year. Lesnar prob makes close to 2 million a year for 2 to 3 fights.

I think if Lesnar went back to wrestling it would be to TNA because of the lighter work schedule.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:He's never been enough of a draw in the WWE to make the sort of money he would want to go back to the WWE schedule.John Cena makes about 3 million dollars a year as the WWE's biggest drawing star right now and performs 150 to 200 nights a year. Lesnar prob makes close to 2 million a year for 2 to 3 fights.

I think if Lesnar went back to wrestling it would be to TNA because of the lighter work schedule.

i think if he did chose to go back to wwe now they would market him in a totally different way.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:00 pm

'taker was a bit douchey in that video actually.

Who do you think would win in a scrap between those two?

Has 'taker got any wrestling credentials? I know he has a mean gogo!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:44 pm

the_king wrote:
    Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:He's never been enough of a draw in the WWE to make the sort of money he would want to go back to the WWE schedule.John Cena makes about 3 million dollars a year as the WWE's biggest drawing star right now and performs 150 to 200 nights a year. Lesnar prob makes close to 2 million a year for 2 to 3 fights.

i think if he did chose to go back to wwe now they would market him in a totally different way.

Impossible to do it. You can't market a non-gimmick. Lesnar can't be anyone other than Lesnar.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:57 pm

they would market him as the toughest guy on the planet and have him knock people out kinda like what wcw did with tank. i dont think it would happen though.

axe taker was a boxer in his early days but he is like 46 now and has a fucked up body lesnar would maul him but so would even yval lol.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:07 am

Tank was known as a tough man who could knock people out BUT he wasn't well known among the WWE fans or indeed mainstream sports. Brock is different. They can't market him any other way than by just having him be himself. You can't market a non-gimmick. It's always been that way.

If the Undertaker did box, it's over 25 years since he last did. He's been a pro wrestler since 1984 when he was 19.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 am

true i see what your saying with lesnar. i never thought of it like that, yeah i watched a bio on taker he was a boxer before pro wrestling.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:19 am

Imagine his reach! He could just sit behind his jab all day long! haha!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:21 am

i bet he was pretty decent in his time, i bet taker wish he was 20 years younger as he says he loves mma.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:39 am

As an update to our reports from earlier today, F4WOnline.com reports that World Wrestling Entertainment has made an offer to Brock Lesnar to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania. If Lesnar decides he wants to do it, (and that is a big if), then WWE would have to work with UFC on setting up some kind of deal that would allow him to compete. The offer was kept secret from many within the company.
    Regarding Lesnar's future, he isn't saying anything publicly of what his intentions may be. He didn't attend the post-show press conference last night because he was stitched up, and did not want to ruin Velasquez's moment. He would most likely be offered Frank Mir as his next fight.

http://www.twnpnews.com/messages2/31120.php
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:40 am

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:44 am

total shit if he leaves ufc for wwe. i thinkhe should deffo fight mir again.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:59 am

I fail to see the point in another fight against Mir. The last fight was as one-sided as Cain v Brock. If Brock is to stay in MMA, he has to be put in against fighters that are going to help him evolve, otherwise, he should retire and go back to pro-wrestling.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:33 pm

Brock-Mir makes no sense at this point. A loss for either would be a disaster for their career.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:05 am