THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
Once Mohawked Pete
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
hendos_right_hook
Anfields5thKing
sunthunder
rudeboyben84
11 posters

Lesnar out indefinatley, Nog Staph infection back!!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Lesnar out indefinatley, Nog Staph infection back!! Empty Lesnar out indefinatley, Nog Staph infection back!!

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:00 am

Bad new for the Hw Devision, Lesnar is out, really nadly sick. He collapsed and is in hospital...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16856/dana-white-brock-lesnar-is-not-going-to-be-getting-well-anytime-soon.mma

Nogs Staph infection is back so fight with Cain is off...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16855/nogueira-has-sever-staph-infection-ufc-108-bout-with-velasquez-off.mma

OK so youd think Cain vs Carwin is Logical but Carwin is getting Knee Surgery and wont be fit to go for a while.

It puts Frank Mir in a good situation, He could perhaps scrap the Kongo fight and fight Cain for an interim Title? Its hard to know what to do with the mess now!

One things for sure Strikeforces Hw Scene is looing good in comparison! Laughing
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Lesnar out indefinatley, Nog Staph infection back!! Empty Re: Lesnar out indefinatley, Nog Staph infection back!!

Post  sunthunder Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:11 am

That is quite scary. Especially this part:

"[Lesnar] is in bad shape, and the reality is they don't really know all that's wrong with him," White said. "He owns a bunch of property in Canada. He went up to Canada just to get away from his house, to go up there and just kind of chill out up there.

"He [expletive] dropped. He went down, and he had to go to the hospital. They ran every test on the planet on him, and they ended up finding out something else was wrong with him."

I dislike Lesnar as much as anyone but I really hope he comes out of this ok.

This injury epidemic is insanity.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Lesnar out indefinatley, Nog Staph infection back!! Empty Re: Lesnar out indefinatley, Nog Staph infection back!!

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:22 am

Crazy! Fighers are dropping like Flys! I really hope Brock and Nog are alright. Brock sounds in a bad way.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:40 am

If he really is this sick then he needs to start suing some of the doctors that have been misdiagnosing him!

I still don't think he looked sick in any of his public appearances and i still think there's something odd going on.

Gutted for Cain, biggest fight of his career is off now.

Wonder who'll step up. 108 is gonna be a weak card. Strikeforce's cards are wiping the floor with the UFC ones.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:29 pm

This sounds very worrying, regardless of whether you like him, or like his style, when anybody is in his position you have to feel sorry for them.

My prediction is, with Lesnar and Nog out, and the high possibility of Lesnar relinquishing his title, a fight between Carwin and Velasquez would be the best way forward to crowning an interim champion.

Generally though, this has all been very unlucky for UFC, all these serious injuries and illnesses right when Strikeforce is beginning to challenge them.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Carwin has just had knee surgery and is out until February. Maybe Dos Santos vs Velasquez interim title bout for now, then Nog vs Carwin for number one contender spot?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:48 pm

This is very worrying news for both fighters. We dont know what exactly is wrong with Brock but for Nog having Staph aureus infection in your blood is very serious business.

If the infection is not treated adeaquatly and develops too sepsis and septic shock then it has a very poor prognosis. especially if its MRSA he has.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:11 pm

According to Dave Meltzer, Brock Lesnar's health status is way more serious than had been previously reported. Lesnar went to Canada last week for rest, as he is recovering from Mono, and while there collapsed and was rushed to the hospital. There is a major health issue that he is not letting out, but to kill rumors that may pop up, he does NOT have cancer HIV/AIDS. It is said that Lesnar will not fight for a very long time, if ever again. Dana White will head to Minnesota to meet with Lesnar, and will also try to get him into the Mayo Clinic, or some other top notch medical facility.

It sounds pretty bad, I really hope he recovers. I like Lesner unlike most people and it would be sad if he had to retire so early in his MMA career.

As for Nog, things don't look too good either. Thats two stalp infections inside a year I beleive, that shits screws you up. If it keeps happening he will have to retire, I really hope that doesn't happen. Both of them should take as long as they need to recover, there permanent health is whats important and hopefully we can see both back in the octagon.

As for the HW situation, the HW division was just begining to look promosing again. Ok so those two and Carwin are out for the time being. Duffe is out as well.

That means we have Gonzaga vs Dos Santos and Mir vs Kongo with Velasquez in the mix as well. If Carwin can get back sooner rather than later he should fight Cain and the winner of that fight so take on the winner of JDS/Gonzaga for the title. Nog will hopefully be back after that and he should take on the winner of Mir/Kongo for the next number one contender.

The UFC need to sign some HWs as well, Arvloski is an easy one to sign, he is a good fighter who can draw a crowd. The winner of TUF 10 (probably Nelson or Madsen) can take him on or AA could face Mir and possibly even the forgotten man Cro Cop, if he beats Rothwell. The winner of Buentello/ Struve will also be in the mix. Thats just what one fighter could bring, Dana should probably consider signing Sylvia right about now. Also Randy might have to move back up in weight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:04 pm

I was just going to say, i would expect Randy to move back up if the situation is as bad as they are saying. Randy vs Cain would make sense.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:16 pm

According to Dana "he went to Canada and some bad stuff happened to him. He doesn't want to talk about it".

Would you care to be a bit more vague Mr. White??
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:29 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:According to Dana "he went to Canada and some bad stuff happened to him. He doesn't want to talk about it".

Would you care to be a bit more vague Mr. White??

I've come to expect this from Dana White, I particularly like the 'some bad stuff' part.

I can't imagine Randy against Cain, based on his less than impressive performance last night, he can't be put up against any top contender. Sorry guys, but he's past it big time

Sad
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:15 pm

From what Dana said it sounds like Brock got interfered with by some bigger boys! Laughing
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:From what Dana said it sounds like Brock got interfered with by some bigger boys! Laughing

Hahaha, brilliant
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Have heard that it has been diagnosed as Mono, yet,

He doesn't look too shabby there.

I have a feeling that there is more to this than meets the eye.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Maby he has messed up his HGH/Roids cycle? He coulda told Dana he isnt going to test clean and needs time to clear his system?
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:23 pm

HGH doesnt show on tests does it? and im pretty sure thats what he will be on ....
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:26 pm

I doubt they'd go to such lengths to cover something like that up. Faking a collapse/hospitalisation is a pretty sick thing to do given the concern it generates. Would be easier to just say he had a muscle tear or something if they were covering something up. I think he's legitimately very ill.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Im thinking Liver/Renal problems. WWE had a big problem with wrestlers having Liver problems/ elevated Liver enzyme levels a year or two after Lesnar Left.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:47 pm

I think it is roids related one way or another.

Either he messed up his cycle and wasn't gonna pass a test or it's something to do with his past usage and his kidneys/liver have decided to give up on him.

But what proof is there that he collapsed? or that he's in hospital?

I'm sorry but "he's in some hospital up in North Dakota" just doesn't cover it for me.

What hospital is he in? Some hospital?? Surely Dana would know what hospital. By saying some hospital it means he could be in any hospital meaning that none of the hospitals would even know if he was in another one. So despite them all knowing he's not in THEIR hospital they don't know that he's not in another hospital.

And why is he in a hospital in North Dakota? He lives in Minnesota. His land in Canada is in Alexandria, Ontario and the american states that border Ontario are Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan. And he's from South Dakota so it's not like they brought him home to be close to his mammy! And the last time i checked they have hospitals in Canada.

So what is he doing in "some hospital" in North Dakota?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:52 pm

HGH does show up on tests, but its not like ROids were you have to constantly stay on it. Once its out of the system I think you can go ages between top upps. Lesnar has to be one it..

Albion_Oakley Roids do damage to the Liver and ive heard similar rumour that it could be his Liver packing in...

I dont know what Dana is at, Anfield your on to something because they are very vague about what the fuck is up with him... and where he is!

Whatever it is it sounds like there will be an interim title or he may be stripped of the belt. UFC is in a bad spot now! Who will even fight for the Interim title? Maby Cain vs Carwin (Whenever he recorvers from Surgery) Nog's infection will also have him out for a few months, Id like to see Mir vs Cain... they are both ready to go and who wants to see Kongo fight Mir anyway.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Yeah like I say the WWE had a load of guys testing with ridiculous liver enzyme levels a whiile ago. They put a load of guys on suspensions to get themselves cleaned up, Im wondering If Lesnar kept using whatever they were all using for too long....
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:03 pm

I remember him aving sumething like HGH a while ago but he was cleared because it was a "Supliment Type thing" I think that was the official description! It was very vague!

I really dont think people can achieve his size naturally. The Guy walks around about 20lbs smaller than Bob Sapp!! And that guy eats steriouds and milk in a bowl insted of Cerial in the morning, he even eats steroid crusted steaks for lunch, washed down with a big ol steriod shake! Laughing

Roids in sports were fighers fight twice a year are far too hard to monitor, Id guess there are a hall of a lot more fighers than we know about Juicing.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:10 pm

I dont know about MMA specifically but if you watch WWE, you would be surprised at some of the guys who have tested positive. Umaga for example. Has a body like Mark Hunt and got a drug suspension! Even Rey mysterio, who is 5'2" and 170lb ish, has tested positive.

Now im not saying roids is as prevelant in MMA but Lesnar achieved his size in WWE (he wasnt that big in college) and hasnt exactly got smaller
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:26 pm

I dont know why WWE carer about who takes Roids, Kids love to see HUGE Ultimate Warrior sized guys who can Gorilla press (if you still call it that) Andre the Giant! I say let the Pro Wrestlers Juice to their hearts content! Umaga juicing? Jeuus he must have got the same roids as Baby Fedor! Laughing
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Huummm interesting posts on this topic, everyone knows Lesnar takes something and maybe if he does have to stop we will see a dramatic change in his appearance? I personally think the illness is genuine but have to agree with the statement of him possibly giving up his title, the guy hardly fights on a regular basis and there's guy itching to take his title.

As for Nog you gota feel sorry for him he was just starting to gain momentum and he's had this set back.

I agree with the majority, Cain vs Mir and then winner to fight Carwin.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:44 am