THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
Ronwah
Moose Stuff For Money...
9 posters

Jon Jones on Silva v Vera

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Jon Jones on Silva v Vera Empty Jon Jones on Silva v Vera

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Wow that slapping was so disrespectful.. id love to give him a slap in the face...

Dominating someone in a fight is 1 thing, looking to simply humiliate them is another..

Traditional martial artist always seemed to show honor and respect..

Anyways what's done is done, I'm headed to the gym to make sure nothing like that ever happens to me.

http://twitter.com/jonnybones
    Ronwah
    Ronwah
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Jon Jones on Silva v Vera Empty Re: Jon Jones on Silva v Vera

Post  Ronwah Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Even the most respectful guys in MMA have engaged in a bit of show boating in the past. Randy Couture, Sakuraba, Krazy Horse - ok maybe not Krazy Horse Wink
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Ronwah wrote:Even the most respectful guys in MMA have engaged in a bit of show boating in the past. Randy Couture, Sakuraba, Krazy Horse - ok maybe not Krazy Horse Wink

My mind completely fails to even imagine Fedor showboating Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Fedor once raised his fist in celebration.

Afterwards he apologised for showing such emotion........
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:53 pm

I like how Goldie game us the usual "great show of class from Silva" at the end of the fight.
    Thiago Silva is one of those fighters I just dislike for some reason but I suppose this is why. I don't mind Vera, he beat Randy then ran into a future champ in Bones but I definatly wanted him to win this one.
    Any one think he'll get cut now??
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:17 pm

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:I like how Goldie game us the usual "great show of class from Silva" at the end of the fight.
    Thiago Silva is one of those fighters I just dislike for some reason but I suppose this is why. I don't mind Vera, he beat Randy then ran into a future champ in Bones but I definatly wanted him to win this one.

more than likely i hope he gets one more shot still think he could be a very good fighter i cant see many at 205 outstriking him and his fights are always exciting hope he doesnt get cut
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Shanemc wrote:
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:I like how Goldie game us the usual "great show of class from Silva" at the end of the fight.

more than likely i hope he gets one more shot still think he could be a very good fighter i cant see many at 205 outstriking him and his fights are always exciting hope he doesnt get cut

you really think that?

i would tend to disagree, off the top of my head, the randy fight was terrible, the thiago fight he got out grappled the entire 15 minutes, only exciting at the beginning of each round.
    Soszynski fight was boring to be honest...neither had the other person in any kind of bad situation.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Yep i agree Chesty, he's been in more dull fights than good ones.

Tim Sylvia was another boring Vera fight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Vera is one of the biggest wastes of talent in all of MMA. The guy has unbelievable striking, great wrestling and he's decent on the ground. But he wastes it.

Vera pre contract dispute was the most exciting prospect in MMA. Since his return he's an average fighter.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:34 pm

dont think he will get cut maybe be given 1 more chance. look at tito and bonner and how many chances jardine was given.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Tito - One of the 5 biggest draws in UFC history
    Bonnar - Along with Griffen helped save the UFC.
    Jardine - Jackson camp has to be kept sweet. Too many valuable fighters to risk a fallout.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:20 pm

I hate to see peolple calling for fighters to get cut,but I have to admitt I have zero interest left in watching Vera on a main UFC card,for me he is now just be taking up the space of someone that's hearts in it and that really wants to be there.

Either drop him to the undercards of a few fight nights against some lower ranked strikers like Diabate (but it will be hard to justify a guy on 60+k a fight there)or drop him to some small shows and let him hopefully start kicking ass and refind that spark,then i'm more than happy to see him back in the Octagon at some stage,but I don't want to watch someone half arse it on a PPV event.

Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:29 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Shanemc wrote:

you really think that?

i would tend to disagree, off the top of my head, the randy fight was terrible, the thiago fight he got out grappled the entire 15 minutes, only exciting at the beginning of each round.
    Soszynski fight was boring to be honest...neither had the other person in any kind of bad situation.

well i always liked him so maybe i found them exciting because of that you really cant blame him for the randy and silva fights being boring he was the guy wanting to fight and being aggresive just got beating by 2 good game plans even though i thought he beat randy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:49 am