THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

UFC124- John Makdessi !!

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC124- John Makdessi !! Empty UFC124- John Makdessi !!

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:25 pm

http://www.mmashare.info/serious-mma-videos-f35/pat-audinwood-vs-john-makdessi-t33161.html

Im a fan, he undefeated, won gold at taekwondo junior olympics, then went to Shotokan karate and got his blackbelt, then went to kickboxing where he was 22-0.

“I never really liked the karate stuff because it was a point system,” he said. “I was always more of a full-contact guy, so I went into kickboxing and did some competitions and I changed to a more developed kickboxer.”

“I was always watching K-1 and I was a big fan,” he said. “I was following Mirko Cro Cop when he was doing K-1 and I fell in love with all those guys – Andy Hug, Ernesto Hoost.”

“I was a big fan of the UFC,” he said, “and a true martial artist should know more than one discipline. I was still doing kickboxing, but on the side, like secretly, I went to the gym in Montreal, and I was learning the ground game and wrestling. I was doing Muay Thai and boxing as well. It was all new to me.”

My inspiration was Cro Cop. When I was starting in MMA, I saw Cro Cop fighting in mixed martial arts back in PRIDE. I believe we’re a little similar in the sense that he also was a kickboxer who then went to MMA, and I always looked up to guys like that. At the end of the day, you can’t be perfect in everything, but it just clicked for me, and fighting is fighting. I just needed to be smart, train smart, and understand the game. So far I’ve been blessed. I’ve been fighting guys more experienced than me and I’ve been winning the fights.”

He turned pro in September of 2008, and has put together a spotless 7-0 record with six knockouts. In his most recent bout against WEC vet Bendy Casimir.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC124- John Makdessi !! Empty Re: UFC124- John Makdessi !!

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Cheers for the vid mate.

His fighting style is so similar to that of Cung Le.

EDIT: Here's two gifs of what i mean.

UFC124- John Makdessi !! Sp93rb

UFC124- John Makdessi !! 264gnjb
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Bump.

Makdessi is fighting TUF fighter Watson, at UFC 129. If his takedown defence is up to par this should be an incredible showcase stand up by Makdessi.

Goodluck.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm