THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

john cena "ufc over the top"

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

john cena "ufc over the top" Empty john cena "ufc over the top"

Post  the_king Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:42 am

WWE RAW star John Cena was interviewed this week by The Boston Globe and said despite its growing popularity, he’s not a fan of UFC and mixed martial arts. “It’s just not something that particularly interests me,’’ Cena said. “UFC is where boxing was years ago, and I was never really into boxing, either.’’

Cena says he prefers pro wrestling because it’s “regulated entertainment that’s safe for anyone to enjoy.’’

As for UFC … “It is what it is. It can be pretty over the top, and it’s not something I’d want my children to watch.’’

Cena also spoke about his new movie “Legendary,” co-starring Patricia Clarkson and Danny Glover. Cena has played action hero tough-guy roles in “The Marine” and “12 Rounds,” but plays a sensitive character in Legendary. “I’m used to dodging bullets and explosions. And this is more of a dramatic piece.’’

Despite making a few movies already, Cena admits he’s still “fairly inexperienced when it comes to cinematic acting’’ but hopes to continue his acting career.”
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

john cena "ufc over the top" Empty Re: john cena "ufc over the top"

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:48 am

the_king wrote:

Cena says he prefers pro wrestling because it’s “regulated entertainment that’s safe for anyone to enjoy.’’

Anyone ever heard of kids being paralysed from trying things they've seen in the UFC on each other?? No?? Me either. Plenty do from WWE style stuff. And how many UFC fighters have needed life-altering surgery? Or died from heart complications due to steroid usage? Or over-dosed on painkillers? Or indeed murdered their families due to brain damage caused by concussions they suffered while partaking in "regulated entertainment that's safe for anyone to enjoy".

John Cena - GIMP.

The guys is supposed to be a good guy yet he gets booed by everyone over the age of 14.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:51 am

he is just a wwe coperate machine for kids to buy merchindise. ufc is over the top, when was the last time we saw fighters in ufc climb over the cage and fight into the crowd using chairs to twat each other with.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:43 am

Vinny Mac told him to say that I bet.

Do yourself and never check out a John Cena movie, he is a laughable actor and his movies are just awful. The Marine is the biggest piece of shit I've ever had the displeasure of seeing and 12 rounds isn't far off. Legendary looks awful as well.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:25 am

The Marine 2 with Ted DiBiase is actually a decent film, much better than the first one with Cena.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Ive got the Marine on blu ray its hilarious

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:20 pm