THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
great_ginger_10
rudeboyben84
ChelseaQuinsfan
Shanemc
Hank Scorpio
Ginginho
12 posters

Why do you hate your most hated fighters?

Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Why do you hate your most hated fighters? Empty Why do you hate your most hated fighters?

Post  Ginginho Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:32 pm

I follow your fullas chats on 606 and it was the first place I would go to for MMA news thanks mainly to ben whose calendar kicks arse!!

I sense a lot of hate or intense dislike for some fighters, Bisping, A Silva, Sylvia being some of the names.

Do you hate these guys because of them and their personalities, or because of how they fight or even how they are portrayed in the media? Are there any that you just hate for no apparent reason?

Cheers
    Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Why do you hate your most hated fighters? Empty Re: Why do you hate your most hated fighters?

Post  Hank Scorpio Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Why would you dislike anyone, it's a combo of things i suppose. Not a huge fan of Bisping(don't hate the lad or anything) because I always felt he rates himself much higher than he is and is very outspoke and cheeky, it's not cause he's English and i'm Irish - in fact at UFC 93 in Dublin The Count was sitting ringside with his son and got a huge pop from the mainly Irish crowd which surprised me. A Silva was not his personality but just not showing what he's capable of, that Thales Leites fight drove me mad - his lack of killer instinct really pissed me off(because we all know he has it) see Griffin fight for an example of this. Tim Sylvia is just an all round arsehole, he's the type of fighter that when he loses he goes on about how he's injured and not 100%, lets call him Tim "The Excuse" Sylvia, also never liked the way he fought or his personality.
    Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Why do you hate your most hated fighters? Empty Re: Why do you hate your most hated fighters?

Post  Hank Scorpio Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Oh and welcome to the board mate.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Cheers mate

I know what you mean about Bisping. I liked him on TUF, he came across as a cocky bugger but still showed respect to his opponents. He seems to have lost that respect which makes his cockiness seem like arrogance. But then you rely a lot on the media to base opinions of people on so is it just how they portray him?

I don't like Lesnar cos 1) he seems like an ignorant dick 2) I don't enjoy his fighting style and 3) that tattoo!!!!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:29 pm

i dont like brock just because the way he acted at the end of the heath herring and frank mir fights and he has a cock on his chest that doesnt help his cause
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:11 pm

For some reason I dislike Henderson, I respect him as a fighter but I think he is way too cocky. He thinks very highly of himself look at his last five fights for evidence. The way he gloated about the second shot on Bisping was disrespectful. I dislike Syliva because his fights always suck unless he gets his ass kicked. Demarcas Johnson from the TUF 9 season also pisses me off, he has a poor attitude. I don't like Bisping as a fighter and his attitude isn't the best, but he generally seems like an ok guy.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:18 pm

I still cant believe that you hate Hendo! He is usually such a classy guy. I dont remember him mouthing off to any other opponents but Bisping. He is a very respectfull guy usually. I think part of the mouthing off etc.. was just for show. Hendo is a really quiet guy usually and I think if he had the option to just get in the cage and fight with no build up or smack talk he would..

Bisping comes across as a prick, Ive met him and he was good enough to shake my hand and get a photo with my wee brother. But he came across so so badly agaisnt Matt Hamill... Both in the house for bullying him for being Deaf and his tasteless attitude after such a bad win in England... he didnt show a pick of respect to Hamill for beating him up. Bisping is probabally up there for dislikeable personality

My two most hated fighters would be Thales Leites and Kalib Starnes for sure, there are people who bust their balls to make it in MMA, people whos dream it is to fight in MMA these guys did technically fight in UFC but that Backpeddling for a round to save his skin or Leites flopping to the ground isnt acceptable to me. Does the $40,000 or whatever bouns for KO or Sub or fight of the night mean nothing? If I had the chance to earn 40K for a flashy KO I would be in there swinging as wild as Wanderlei... Wild hooks, fuck it, all or nothing, Chin in the air wreckless agression!!! KO or be KO'd.... These guys showed no interest in fighting in a fight they were loosing, Absolutly no Heart... and thats something I dont like in a fighter.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Hate is a strong word, I don't hate many people, if any. However I wasn't even talking about the Bisping fight, I found him arrogant in the Franklin pre-hype show. Franklin was like "we're going to go out an beat the hell out of each other" and Hendo was like "well, im going to be beating the hell out of him". He was then like im going to beat the shit out of him. Franklin responded very well and got a laugh out of me. Maybe its because im a huge Franklin fan but Hendo just looks to arrogant at times. I dislike BJ's personality as well, because he has always been arrogant and the excuses he pulls after he losses. Despite Goldberg trying to persuade us otherwise, he is not a classy guy. Again, maybe its because im a GSP fan.

But I 100% agree about Starnes, and to a lesser extent Leites. Both put in disgusting performances, Starnes has always been a bitch. He quit on the TUF show as well.
    Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Hank Scorpio Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:43 pm

Agree on Starnes, was a disgraceful show in his home country, he was scared shitless and should not have been in there. Leites needs to fock off back to full JJ as he also seems to be too scared of taking a shot(maybe just from ASilva). I don't mind a fighter being overly arrogant, take Mir for example, he's very arrogant, but he's so good at being the cocky fucker its hilarious
    great_ginger_10
    great_ginger_10
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  great_ginger_10 Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:22 am

I really dislike Tim Sylvia. Its a combination of being a tool personality wise, his awkward appearance when fighting, how much he overrates himself and the boring fights he puts on. I did feel bad for him when Hughes stabbed him in the back though. He had supported him for years and spoke up for him all through the Sera trash talk and then he gets torn apart in his book.
    Henderson went down in my estimations after the late hit on Bisping saying he knew what he was doing. Don't dislike him, just don't like him really.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Some people are very harsh on Leites.

Bad gameplanning, trying to draw Silva into his domain and failing, he knew he had no chance to KO Silva, he has never KOd anyone, only 1 cut stoppage and 1 corner stoppage, he really had very little chance unless he got Silva on the ground, so thats what he tries to do, Ive seen it a dozen times, i was watching a fight the other day Kharitonov vs Werdum was very similar, but no-one "hates" Werdum for it, i thnk its just because he "made" a very exciting fighter very boring, but he didnt make it happen it was 6 dozen of one and 72 of the other. Hes fairly young an inexperienced so i'm sure he'l come back a better fighter.

14 wins with 11 finishes isnt a boring fighter.

on the subject, i dont hate anyone, but anderson silva annoys me the way some of his "antics in the ring" are called "respectful" make a mockery of the sport what is respectful is giving 100%.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:23 pm

Manchesthair

I think its more of a poor execution of the right gameplan. Thing is, he kept dropping to his back, he should have attempted takedown after takedown. No one expected him to stand up with Silva but no one expected that either. Also, he didn't risk it, in round 4 and 5 when he was clearly losing, he should have risked it, stood up with Silva and maybe get the lucky Serra punch and become the UFC MW champion. He wasn't fighting an MMA match, he was doing a BJJ contest.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:12 pm

Well personally, i HATE Michael Bisping. The reason is, he is a cunt, i mean count, no wait. I mean cunt.

I think Tim Sylvia is good for comic relief but he's clearly a deranged muppet. Anyone who charges for autographs is a dickhead IMO.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:20 pm

the 2nd funniest pic you will see today:

Why do you hate your most hated fighters? Tim-sylvia-in-a-wheelchair

the funniest

Why do you hate your most hated fighters? PdSTSOP0017
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:47 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I just spat water all over the place when i saw those!!!

Fuck me, Timmeh looks MASSIVE!
    Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Hank Scorpio Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Laughing
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:47 pm

I can't stand Gray Maynard. Every fight I've seen him in has been almost identical as he bores his way to a decision win (I haven't seen his double ko draw with Rob Emerson). Hope Huerta destroys him.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:05 pm

For me i dislike Sanchez mainly beacuse he acts like a dick and bangs Ali Sonoma, Anderson Silva mainly because of the UFC hyping him up as the P4P best ahead of GSP which IMO is insulting and the disrespect he shown towards Cote & Leites not forgetting the sheroggers love for him but they have nothing on Frank Mir i just really dislike him i think TUF 8 shown me what i felt all along he is an arrogant dick
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:35 pm

As most people know BJ Penn really grinds my gears.... One of MMA's greats for sure, but just a total weapon.

I hate Cheick Kongo purely because of that incessant chest-bang-followed-by-pointing-at-sky move that he does on his way into the ring. If he wasn't black I'd swear he'd been learning Nazi salutes up at the Wolfs Lair......

I don't mind if I never hear another Vitor Belfort post-fight sermon, but I like the way he's rediscovering his hand speed.

Lesnar made my shit list as soon as he came into the UFC, and everything he's said or done ever since has moved him further and further up it.

I also inexplicably hate Mario Yamasaki.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:49 pm

I hate Cheick Kongo purely because of that incessant chest-bang-followed-by-pointing-at-sky move that he does on his way into the ring.

-----------------------

That is scandolously annoying
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:39 pm

I like Mario he's one of my favourite referees, and in the middle of boring fights i like to ponder whether he's japanese or italian!

Dont hate Kongo but hes on my mental dislike list since he kneed crocop and Al-turk in the cajones.

I like BJ aswell, some guys can get away with stuff and still be in my like list.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:51 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:I like Mario he's one of my favourite referees, and in the middle of boring fights i like to ponder whether he's japanese or italian!

Dont hate Kongo but hes on my mental dislike list since he kneed crocop and Al-turk in the cajones.

I like BJ aswell, some guys can get away with stuff and still be in my like list.

So you and me agree on loads then chesthair Very Happy !

I've often pondered the Italian/Japanese conundrum as well....
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:04 pm

For me i dislike Sanchez mainly beacuse he acts like a dick and bangs Ali Sonoma, Anderson Silva mainly because of the UFC hyping him up as the P4P best ahead of GSP which IMO is insulting and the disrespect he shown towards Cote & Leites not forgetting the sheroggers love for him but they have nothing on Frank Mir i just really dislike him i think TUF 8 shown me what i felt all along he is an arrogant dick

So which one do you dislike, Sanchez, Mir or both?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:06 pm

ok i googled mario yamasaki and i got a surprise, turns out hes brazilian with some japanese heritage, is a 3rd degree blackbelt in BJJ and trained to be a classical pianist. rendeer
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 am

Nice one chesthair, from the source of all knowledge known as wikipedia:

"At one point Mario was studying to be a classical piano player, but his father convinced him to become a fighter."

I can picture the scene, a young Mario playing scales at the Steinway, concerned mother looking on forlornly in the distance....

<sobs into the arms of Mr Yamasaki> "I'm so worried that Mario's fingers will become callussed, I just can't bear to watch it sometimes"...

<Mr Yamasaki offers a comforting embrace> "I know, I know, I lie awake at night too thinking about the possibilities of slight lower back problems from that stool"

"I'll talk to him in the morning about trying that local cagefighting school...."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:34 am