THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
Paolo_73
sunthunder
George_Louis_Costanza@who
9 posters

Another reason to hate M-1.

Lightweight
    Lightweight

Another reason to hate M-1. Empty Another reason to hate M-1.

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:56 am

God Damn M-1 and their shitty production last nights show was great from an action point of view but compared to the original CBS broadcast the M-1 production was dreadful a dull grainy picture (no doubt due to the leeches using their own hand held cameras and production i imagine) awful commentary from Gary Millen's buddies Jimmy Smith and the other one and not forgetting the M-1 logo dwarfing the Strikeforce Logo on screen no wonder Zuffa didn't want to mix with these leeches clinging on to everything they don't own and claiming full credit essentially the Eric Cartmen (South Park) of MMA (if you have seen the "Fishsticks" episode you'll what i mean)...RANT OVER.

On a side note fingers crossed Strikeforce can secure a UK deal of their own (although it might not be possible with the cards minus Fedor) as i would rather listen to idiots Ranallo and Johnson just so we can have the same quality picture and production the US had.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Another reason to hate M-1. Empty Re: Another reason to hate M-1.

Post  sunthunder Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:34 am

I have to agree with all your points, it almost looked like they used the live internet stream for the bravo broadcast.

Was amazed at the size of the M-1 logo too.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:50 am

My brother and I both remarked at how much it felt like we were watching something from the 1980s, and I was gutted when the dulcet tones of Frank Shamrock were nowhere to be heard...... the two voices I could hear sounded alarmingly like two guys doing their best impressions of Goldberg and Rogan.

Apart from the joy of seeing Fedor walking away from yet another downed opponent, with nothing but a modest pump of the fist in celebration, the high point for me was the sight of the champ coming down the ramp in what looked amazingly like a pair of loose fit Wrangler jeans...
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:17 pm

I watched it on justin.tv and I don't know who was commentating but it sounded exactly like Joe Rogan. It was a shit feed anyway - fucking cut out just before Fedor knocked Rogers out, just before the punch was fucking thrown....

And then I learn Sky was showing it by sheer accident because they don't think to advertise these bloody things. But it would cost me 20 bucks even though it was a day later.... Evil or Very Mad Mad
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:55 pm

yep it was shocking.

No fighter entrances or introductions.(except fedor/rogers)
    None of the fighters corner between rounds.
    No post fight interviews.
    it looked like someone had sneaked their camera into the arena and was trying to filme the fights on that, you could see the back of the cbs cameramen's head during the pre and post fight of the Fedor fight.
    the picture was all grey, and i kept seeing a color spectrum rainbow like effect all over the screen.
    the commentators were boring, but at least the guy called Jimmy was quite knowledgable.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Is this about the showing of it on Bravo?? I missed it.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:37 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Is this about the showing of it on Bravo?? I missed it.

yep. really quite bad, luckily the fights were so good i had almost forgotten about it.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm failing to see how that's M1's fault so.

I reckon Bravo bought the stream from OmniSport than myself, Sun and Payne watched the event on and maybe dubbed their own commentary over it.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:06 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:I'm failing to see how that's M1's fault so.

I reckon Bravo bought the stream from OmniSport than myself, Sun and Payne watched the event on and maybe dubbed their own commentary over it.

i dont know, i think the live broadcast was 3 hrs, the Bravo one was only 2 hours, so i literally saw, the fights and nothing else, no introductions, interviews, nothing! also the logo that was on the screen was only a massive M1 logo and a tiny tiny strikeforce one underneath. Also i know the 2 commentators commentate on the M1 challenge and the m1 affliction card, also Bravo have shown the M1 affliction cards and the M1 challenge, so i reckon we simply got M1's crappy broadcast, whereas the yanks got the quality cbs braodcast.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:23 pm

I didn't see it so i don't know. I did download the live event yesterday and it was a great show. Love Shamrock on commentary.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:30 am

would like to actuall watch the Fedor fight again with Shamrock on comentary.
    Dogbomb
    Dogbomb
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Dogbomb Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:40 am

as much as the quality of the broadcast was poor, it is still a million times better watching it at your leisure on your sofa.

Remember, for more MMA to be picked up by broadcasters like sky and Bravo, they need to get the viewing figures.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:49 pm

It was a poor broad cast but to be hounist im not to bothered about it, I got to see it on TV thats cool enough! sometimes the inbetween stuff gets abit annoying, was glad to just see the fights...

Have to say one of the best events i've seen for a while, every fight was exciting werdum vs silva was the highlight for me and Fedor never lets you down...

Think maybe your all getting a little touchy over nothing, im sure if they get large audiences the broadcasts will improve... hopefully

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:30 pm