THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
redmeanie77
Anfields5thKing
payneNglory1
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
9 posters

This ones for Anfield... Machida on Dana White

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

This ones for Anfield... Machida on Dana White Empty This ones for Anfield... Machida on Dana White

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:46 am

“Thank you all for the support. I think I’ve won, but I have to respect the judges work. Making mistakes or not, there were trained to be there, so I can’t judge them. My father has always taught me since I was little on my Karate competitions, that there were unfair outcomes: ‘Son, you can’t blame the judges, the responsibility of winning or losing is all yours. You have to be the best so they can’t say otherwise. They can give the win for either one of you, if they want to.’”

“I was glad with my performance, with my preparation. My team did a great job. Its outcome wasn’t anyone’s fault. If it happens, it was the way it was supposed to happen, I have to learn something from it. As for my boss, I won’t waste any time talking about him. As he said: he’s the president, he can do whatever he wants to. Who am I to argue with someone who talks like that and thinks he’s always right?”

A bit of a fuck you Dana White from Machida. Machida has really only been beaten once and gets denied a rematch with Ramapge? He has gotta be pissed at the UFC and youve had a feeling he might walk out for a while...

I dont care if they are coming off losses id love to see Machida vs Fedor as much as ever! Dana and Blackhouse seem to have a rocky relationship dont they?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

This ones for Anfield... Machida on Dana White Empty Re: This ones for Anfield... Machida on Dana White

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:01 am

Machida's been treated like shit by Dana since the first Shogun fight. I think quite a few fighters would have walked out at this stage.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

This ones for Anfield... Machida on Dana White Empty Re: This ones for Anfield... Machida on Dana White

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:09 am

Machida could walk right into a Fedor fight, He said he was open to going to Hw for a lesnar fight. Machida is the man Id most want to jump ship from UFC.

Even at Lhw Hendo vs Machida is something id like to see happen.

Its shit for Machida take Shogun got screwed by the judges a big and got a rematch, Machida gets screwed and gets told no rematch?

That and Dana didnt say it could have gone either way etc.. he just said he had Rampage winning, end of...

Maby I should be doing a poll of UFC fighters walking! Laughing
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:17 am

Dana and Black house don't seem to have the best relationship do they,what was it that Anderson had a dig aimed at dana a while back,something along the lines of "anyone with a mouth can talk"
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:26 am

There's great fights for Machida in SF.

Hendo, Babalu, Mo, Mousasi, Jacare(at 195 maybe) and Fedor are all fights that make sense.

He should walk from the UFC, i've never seen a fighter of his calibre be treated so poorly.

Dana needs to be very careful with home he handles the BlackHouse situation. 2 of his top 5 HW's are BlackHouse. 2 of his top 6 LHW's, his top MW and his best fighter under 170 lbs. If BlackHouse decided not to deal with Dana anymore it could potentially ruin the UFC. Imagine if JDS beats Cain and then 3 Blackhouse fighters held titles and all decided to walk out. I don't care who they've got left, you don't lose 3 champions and still claim to have the best of the best. Even if Anderson and Machida were the ones that left, makes any claims about having all the best fighters laughable.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:27 am

I dont see what Dana has done wrong with Machida personally.

"Its shit for Machida take Shogun got screwed by the judges a big and got a rematch, Machida gets screwed and gets told no rematch?"

Machida-Shogun was for a title fight, and more people thought Rampage won against Machida than who thought M.achida won at UFC 104. There was intense pressure for a rematch after 104. Thousands of fans on twitter, on MMA forums everywhere demanded a rematch. Dana twitter was going into meltdown aswell. I followed it at that time. Having a rematch was the best business move.

Machida-Rampage was not a title fight, it was not even a no.1 contender fight, it was just a fight where fighter was given a loss by the judges in which he and many other watching thought he won. No point in a rematch, no one wants to see them play cat and mouse for 15 mins again.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:34 am

immediataly after the fight rampage said he would do a rematch and machida wanted one. now rampage is saying he does not want a rematch so i dunno what is going on. personally im not bothered if there is a rematch or not.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:51 am

i think the online polls showed after the fights that around 95% of fans thought shogun won the first fight against Machida, and 50% thought Machida beat Rampage...

but anyway, i don't think Machida is as valuable in Dana's eyes as his other top fighters, thats why he doesnt get treaten as respectfully.

Machida vs Mousasi ? What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Brown Pride wrote:I dont see what Dana has done wrong with Machida personally.

"Its shit for Machida take Shogun got screwed by the judges a big and got a rematch, Machida gets screwed and gets told no rematch?"

Machida-Shogun was for a title fight, and more people thought Rampage won against Machida than who thought M.achida won at UFC 104. There was intense pressure for a rematch after 104. Thousands of fans on twitter, on MMA forums everywhere demanded a rematch. Dana twitter was going into meltdown aswell. I followed it at that time. Having a rematch was the best business move.

Machida-Rampage was not a title fight, it was not even a no.1 contender fight, it was just a fight where fighter was given a loss by the judges in which he and many other watching thought he won. No point in a rematch, no one wants to see them play cat and mouse for 15 mins again.

Machida beat Shogun and was made face him again straight away because Dana wanted the belt away from BlackHouse and decided that Shogun was the only one with a chance to beat him. Also, Shogun was the posterboy for all the Pride fans who put twitter and forums "into meltdown". And Dana need to show his bosses that the Pride purchase wasn't a complete flop. Deciding to stage a fight based on twitter and internet forums is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Shogun didn't deserve his title shot, lost, and then was given another one.

Machida was denied a rematch for his belt, then beat Rampage quite easily, and gets denied a rematch.

Your right, Dana has been fair.

"More people thought Rampage beat Machida than thought Machida won at UFC 104"

Not true, at all. More UFC fanboys who live on Dana's every word might have voted on Sherdog's poll but that represents a small fraction of the people that watched both fights.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:48 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Brown Pride wrote:I dont see what Dana has done wrong with Machida personally.

Machida beat Shogun and was made face him again straight away
    because Dana wanted the belt away from BlackHouse and decided that Shogun was the only one with a chance to beat him. Also, Shogun was the posterboy for all the Pride fans who put twitter and forums "into meltdown". And Dana need to show his bosses that the Pride purchase wasn't a complete flop. Deciding to stage a fight based on twitter and internet forums is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Shogun didn't deserve his title shot, lost, and then was given another one.

Machida was denied a rematch for his belt, then beat Rampage quite easily, and gets denied a rematch.

Your right, Dana has been fair.

"More people thought Rampage beat Machida than thought Machida won at UFC 104"

Not true, at all. More UFC fanboys who live on Dana's every word might have voted on Sherdog's poll but that represents a small fraction of the people that watched both fights.

And was knocked the fuck out.

Anfield take off the tin foil hat once in a while.

And yeah, a lot more people felt Shogun won the first fight with Machida. The figure on Sherdogs poll was over 90% the day after.

With the state of MMA judging, if you had a set a precedent for immediate rematches following any questionable decision, we'd see constant rematches. There have been far worse decisions than Rampage vs Machida this year, if you want to look for some judicial retribution. Jung vs Garcia was a worse decision. JZ vs Thomson was worse. And Machida hasn't even really fallen far down the ladder anyway. He's two good wins from a title shot when you factor in the shallow light heavyweight division.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:23 pm

Machida easily won the fight, there's been no worse decision in a major fight this year. JZ-Thompson was a bad decision but was a much closer fight than Machida-Rampage, as was Garcia-Zombie. Both of which could have gone either way.

Just because you and your little buddies on Sherdog got together and voted doesn't mean anything. Sherdog does not represent all MMA fans. It might represent the opinion of you and a bunch of fanboys, but that's a small percentage.

Fluke knock-out means less than getting beaten over 5 rounds.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Machida easily won the fight, there's been no worse decision in a major fight this year. JZ-Thompson was a bad decision but was a much closer fight than Machida-Rampage, as was Garcia-Zombie. Both of which could have gone either way.

Just because you and your little buddies on Sherdog got together and voted doesn't mean anything. Sherdog does not represent all MMA fans. It might represent the opinion of you and a bunch of fanboys, but that's a small percentage.

Sherdog is actually the largest online MMA community, and it's one of the 100 largest forums on the net. Its voting fanbase is as representative a portion of MMA fans as you will find anywhere.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:44 pm

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2010/11/rampage-vs-machida-fightmetric-report.html

Fightmetric have it as a Draw out of interest. I dont know what to think, Rampage probabally lost the 1st and 3rd so Machida maby diserved the nod. But if Rampage won the 1st and 2nd because of pushin the pace maby Machida diserved a 10-8 in the last round?

Some good news is that Amature MMA bouts in California are going to be using a "Half point" Syetem from 2011 onwards as a trial to fixing MMA judging.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/columns/story?id=5875187
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:40 pm

sunthunder wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Machida easily won the fight, there's been no worse decision in a major fight this year. JZ-Thompson was a bad decision but was a much closer fight than Machida-Rampage, as was Garcia-Zombie. Both of which could have gone either way.

Sherdog is actually the largest online MMA community, and it's one of the 100 largest forums on the net. Its voting fanbase is as representative a portion of MMA fans as you will find anywhere.

Im not even going to continue this debate, i think its pretty obvious to everyone what happened at 104 and at UFC 113.

Anyway is anyone here on the MMA underground forum?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.splash&forum=1

Ive heard great things about it, its very busy which i like, and has some fighters posting there. Goodridge has been complaining about Dream not paying him today, Semtex posted that great contest for Koscheck with the fraggle painting few months ago....

I really like the looks of it, and ive signed up today. It says it needs a few days to activate my account though..... If anyone is already on there or is thinking of joining please let me know.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:06 am

"sherdog is the largest online MMA community"

And is populated by 12 year retards and still doesn't represent anything more than a small percentage of the MMA fans worldwide.

Ben, FightMetric and CompuStats have shown time and again that they are not accurate.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:01 am

This ones for Anfield... Machida on Dana White 9k=

anfield this picture reminds me of you man, you bite so hard to debates im thinking of hiring you when i debate things with my wife she might actually lose
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:35 am

Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Machida said:

“Each day that goes by you keep seeing it as a sequence of losses because you keep distancing yourself to the title, so it’s harder for you to fight a top guy, like Rashad, who’s on the line for the belt. I have to seek another fight do what I want, but when you’re in the middle of the ranking you never know what can happen to you. Vitor (Belfort), for instance, fought once and will dispute the title, because of his background, so it’s hard to say. But in my weight class I know there’re other people before me on the line, it happens.”

On whether he’ll become more aggressive inside the octagon following back-to-back losses inside the octagon, Machida said:

“It’s hard to say… People sometimes want something and it’s not always possible. St. Pierre plays by the rules all the time because he knows that, once you’re losing, nobody wants to know about you anymore. It’s great to do a great show, but you can’t do both sometimes. Sometimes you only have two chances of beating that opponent, so it’s best to keep a strategic fight and try to win because the level of the sport is so high. The other guy ain’t silly, he’s also trained. I can’t say “ok, let’s begin to exchange and see where it goes”. We want to give fight and give people a good show, but you have to play on a safety zone. Anderson Silva himself, in some of the fights he’s been doing, he does it to win, because he knows the consequences of the losses. We’re not playing an amateur sport.”

I say he will fight Forrest-Rich winner next, or maby Randy i could see them doing that aswell.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:13 am

I'd love to know how many fights he has left on his contract. I reckon he'll be gone from the UFC by the end of 2011.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:52 am

sunthunder wrote:

Sorry, but your average Sherdog poster, has 7 fingers on each hand, no opposable thumbs and a single figure IQ.

Machida beat Shogun - Shogun received rematch.

Rampage was awarded a victory against Machida, that even HE thought was a Machida win, yet was not offered the chance to set the result right. This has nothing to do with whether the fight was a title fight or not, and everything to do with Dana Whites dislike of Machida and his team.

Machida should walk and go to SF. Would love to see him against Fedor.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:32 am